Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Do we need a study that shows whether or not masks do a good job at preventing seasonal allergies? :)

Side note...as I was riding my john deere mowing on Sunday, I could not stop sneezing.
Trouble maker ;)

I have an issue with cottonwood. It comes down like snow often this time of year. Before I left for Florida I was doing yard work and thought I was being all great wearing a mask because if I inhale, I plug up badly. I was doing great and then one hit me in the eye... my luck sucks 🤣

With Disney hotel rooms that seems like being hardly cleaned at all, a mask may help prevent to breathe in all that standing dust.
Our room was serviced on days 4-7 and we are DVC. Like every day they came into the 2 bedroom and did full service. Had to hide the best pillow so they'd stop swapping on me. It was nuts.

Ayla

Boo on the wheezy cough. I wish I could be hopeful for you with that, but I won't pretend it is an easy one to deal with.

I am so deeply sorry for your mom though. I lost my own mom to cancer almost 30 years ago - so I feel for you completely. Best wishes to you all and I am glad there is a small blessing in the trip that you did take to WDW. May those memories live with you forever. My heart really goes out to you right now.
Thank you, I appreciate the thoughts.

hopemax

We fell into the 90s and are supposed to be going to a Barenaked Ladies / Gin Blossoms / Toad the Wet Sprocket concert on June 23rd at Red Rocks. It hasn't officially been canceled yet, but I don't expect to go.
So this concert is finally a go.

Attachments

• 22711FBF-B073-4B3D-A104-A72FE8417AC5.jpeg
    22711FBF-B073-4B3D-A104-A72FE8417AC5.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 95

DisneyCane

Perhaps the mask wearers were the more educated ones .
Since we are making baseless speculations, maybe the mask wearers are the ones with anxiety disorders.

My wife and I are highly educated (her more than me) and neither of us wear a mask anywhere. Well, she is forced to wear one at work when not in a back office.

Lilofan

Since we are making baseless speculations, maybe the mask wearers are the ones with anxiety disorders.

My wife and I are highly educated (her more than me) and neither of us wear a mask anywhere. Well, she is forced to wear one at work when not in a back office.
Your choice your life. You make your bed, be prepared to sleep in it. The mask wearers I actually know are highly educated, not baseless as some try to assume.

JoeCamel

Highly educated yet she wears a mask when appropriate and you won't. Keep up the good fight, your reward will be felt alone.

DisneyCane

Your choice your life. You make your bed, be prepared to sleep in it. The mask wearers I actually know are highly educated, not baseless as some try to assume.
Their choice, their security blanket. The non mask wearers I know are highly educated.
Highly educated yet she wears a mask when appropriate and you won't. Keep up the good fight, your reward will be felt alone.
She wears one where she is forced to wear one, not "when appropriate." There are several highly educated surgeons that she works with that walk around the hospital maskless (refusing to follow the policy) and only wear masks in the OR like they did prior to 2020 for the reason that they were worn prior to 2020 which had absolutely nothing to do with reducing respiratory virus spread.

correcaminos

Highly educated people suddenly wake up when it is company policy and may cost someone disciplinary action if one doesn't follow the rules.
Let's be fair here though. There are highly educated people who are opting not to wear a mask all the time. We can take calculated risks. I am wearing one due to exposure. Otherwise, I would not be wearing. Does that make me an idiot? I am in a low level per cdc right now.

JoeCamel

Let's be fair here though. There are highly educated people who are opting not to wear a mask all the time. We can take calculated risks. I am wearing one due to exposure. Otherwise, I would not be wearing. Does that make me an idiot? I am in a low level per cdc right now.
Not an idiot but not to take precautions when appropriate because that is what your "highly educated" brain is telling you to do while people who have actual experience are taking precautions is an ego driven fool's errand. The "I know better than everyone else" is a common trait among those who have to tell you how highly educated they are.
We all fall into the trap of thinking we have special knowledge but the truly smart people recognize this.
Remember this has been this poster's tune from the start.

DisneyCane

Not an idiot but not to take precautions when appropriate because that is what your "highly educated" brain is telling you to do while people who have actual experience are taking precautions is an ego driven fool's errand. The "I know better than everyone else" is a common trait among those who have to tell you how highly educated they are.
We all fall into the trap of thinking we have special knowledge but the truly smart people recognize this.
I don't have special knowledge. I don't feel that my level of risk from getting COVID is high enough (being that I am vaccinated and boosted and under 50 and in generally good health and in shape) to be worth the discomfort of wearing the type of mask (N95) that would actually significantly reduce my risk of getting infected.

Another highly educated person might think the risk reduction is worth the discomfort.

drizgirl

All this back and forth. I hope it makes everyone feel better. Because at this point all it does is release one’s anxiety.

It’s time to accept that we are at a point where everyone should make their own decisions. The time for mandates and shaming is past. Lots of good reasons to wear a mask at specific times. Lots of good reasons to be comfortable not wearing them. Everyone has access to the highest quality masks and to the best vaccines in the world. None of it is perfect but it’s enough to stop trying to micromanage other people.

Last edited:

drizgirl

So many examples of this the past couple years from all sides of this issue.

correcaminos

Not reading their posts, but at this point I'm not sure why people even argue it. I did 8 days in Disney by choice no masks. I knew the risks and took it. I dislike masks, but will wear when appropriate of course. I feel at this point it's not really worth bothering. Some with be vehemently anti-mask and anti-vax. There's no changing it. Do what you feel is best. Arguing with someone who is consistently anti-mask among other things is pointless.

maemae74

All this back and forth. I hope it makes everyone feel better. Because This point all it does is release one’s anxiety.

It’s time to accept that we are at a point where everyone should make their own decisions. The time for mandates and shaming is past. Lots of good reasons to wear a mask at specific times. Lots of good reasons to be comfortable not wearing them. Everyone has access to the highest quality masks and to the best vaccines in the world. None of it is perfect but it’s enough to stop trying to micromanage other people.
I agree to each their own and so many should really drive their own car , stay in their own lane in terms of wearing or not wearing or vaccinating or not vaccinating. I think so many got so caught up in the covid "drama" that they can't just let it go. It's like the college freshman who keeps showing up at high school events because they can't move past it and move on to the next phase of their lives.

Kevin_W

Trouble maker ;)

I have an issue with cottonwood. It comes down like snow often this time of year. Before I left for Florida I was doing yard work and thought I was being all great wearing a mask because if I inhale, I plug up badly. I was doing great and then one hit me in the eye... my luck sucks 🤣
I've never really had problems before, but cottonwood season here hit me hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom