If Pirates of the Caribbean Burned Down, Would Disney Rebuild It?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I wonder how many people understand what you are saying. I thought it was a good observation.
johnny depp fangirl challenge GIF

J4546

If it burned down in DL, rebuild as it was. If it burned down in MK, redo that entire area using the expansion pad behind Pirates that they were gonna build the cancelled fire mountain expansion on, and create MKs own version of Treasure Cove with New Pirates ride, shops, food, ships to explore on one side and a camp discovery on the Jungle cruise side

Goofyernmost

If the whole thing burnt down they could collect the insurance and use the land as a free campground for displaced X-CM's and rebuild somewhere near the SC/NC border and just start over elsewhere. I'm sure there are plenty of places that would welcome a company the size of Disney located in their area.

Goofyernmost

I don't really think so, I think it was accidental, however, it took about four seconds for them to take advantage of their good luck loss!

JMcMahonEsq

Why in the world would you re-built something exactly as it was, when it is 50 years old, as opposed to modernizing and creating something new even if you keep with the same theme/concept?

OG Runner

Why in the world would you re-built something exactly as it was, when it is 50 years old, as opposed to modernizing and creating something new even if you keep with the same theme/concept?

Possibly since that is why the people keep coming back to that ride year after year. They enjoy what it is. Over the years they have made some tweaks to the ride, but people coming back for what it is and overall that had been entertaining. On the other had I have always thought they could "replace" some rides they closed with "the same ride" but with an updated ride system. Think of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, but on a roller coaster type track and high definition screens and animatronics.

JMcMahonEsq

Possibly since that is why the people keep coming back to that ride year after year. They enjoy what it is. Over the years they have made some tweaks to the ride, but people coming back for what it is and overall that had been entertaining. On the other had I have always thought they could "replace" some rides they closed with "the same ride" but with an updated ride system. Think of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, but on a roller coaster type track and high definition screens and animatronics.
People enjoyed going to the movies in years past when they were black and white and silent. But as technology changed people didn't keep building movie theaters using the old technology. They changed and evolved. Now if something is working and needs upkeep and maintenance, then I don't think Disney would ever decide lets just take down one of the old rides and totally replace it. They will put in the time and money to keep the ride going bc it is a fan favorite (and because it likely costs much less in short term to do maintenance rather than a re-build.)
But if it was burned to the ground as the OP described and had to be completely rebuilt/replaced, your not going to do so with 50yr old technology.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Slap a ‘Coming Soon’ sticker on its MDE attraction page and return their attention to more pressing matters like how to further optimize systems for profit that are already over-optimized.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
As long as they faithfully recreate "Pirates of the Antiques Roadshow," I don't care what technology they use!
1655752571605.png

ppete1975

its current iteration no.... i do think we would get the shanghai version or at the least disneyland version.

then again thats me in charge of the budget.. not current leaders

OG Runner

its current iteration no.... i do think we would get the shanghai version or at the least disneyland version.

then again thats me in charge of the budget.. not current leaders

The iteration would definitely be different. Given how PC Disney has gotten they would be the
most polite pirates you have even seen, probably fixing up the town and helping the redhead
cross the bridge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom