Walking sticks or canes

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Does anyone have any photos of walking sticks or canes sold at disney? Preferably canes. I have to use a cane because of my knee issues and I thought it would be neat to buy one while on our trip. Unfortunately I cannot find any information on canes sold at Disney but I'm pretty sure I've seen them before.

Minnesota disney fan

Does anyone have any photos of walking sticks or canes sold at disney? Preferably canes. I have to use a cane because of my knee issues and I thought it would be neat to buy one while on our trip. Unfortunately I cannot find any information on canes sold at Disney but I'm pretty sure I've seen them before.

I don't have any photos, and it is an item that most people overlook if you don't need one. I think I saw some wooden ones in AK, but can't remember specifics.
My husband has to use a cane. He takes a collapsible one to WDW, which he can roll up and put in his cargo pants pocket or just hold if they let him, or it fits into those net hat holders on the rides. He loves using the collapsible cane at the parks. Maybe something like this would be of use to you? Sorry I can't offer more on canes at disney. Hope someone can help you with it.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
I don't have any photos, and it is an item that most people overlook if you don't need one. I think I saw some wooden ones in AK, but can't remember specifics.
My husband has to use a cane. He takes a collapsible one to WDW, which he can roll up and put in his cargo pants pocket or just hold if they let him, or it fits into those net hat holders on the rides. He loves using the collapsible cane at the parks. Maybe something like this would be of use to you? Sorry I can't offer more on canes at disney. Hope someone can help you with it.
Thank you. I hadn't actually thought about rides and the cane. That's a good point. I may just stick with my collapsible cane. I'm doing everything I can to keep from renting a scooter because I just don't want to have to mess with that. My knee feels okay right now as long as I keep the pressure off of it by using the cane. If it feels the way it does right now later in October then I'll be fine. I may still go ahead and get another cane at Disney just so I can use it at home and work.

Minnesota disney fan

Thank you. I hadn't actually thought about rides and the cane. That's a good point. I may just stick with my collapsible cane. I'm doing everything I can to keep from renting a scooter because I just don't want to have to mess with that. My knee feels okay right now as long as I keep the pressure off of it by using the cane. If it feels the way it does right now later in October then I'll be fine. I may still go ahead and get another cane at Disney just so I can use it at home and work.
LOL, you sound like my husband about using a scooter! He finally relented at Epcot and he loved it. He was able to actually enjoy Epcot without the pain of trying to walk it. He was resistent for a long time; it just wasn't for him. But since he tried it, he will use one when he needs it. The cane is a big help too, but an ECV really is convenient. He was worried about what people thought if he used one!!! Now he doesn't care, LOL.

As far as people commenting on this thread? I think that if you arent' interested in something, then you just ignore it. People at disney are pretty focused at rides, getting rides, going to rides, and their own interests. Not too many use canes that I noticed. Hope you have a great trip.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I saw2 this a while back.

and there is also this old thread :

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom