Lost Figment Character?

MansionBat1994

Original Poster
So as a huge Imagination fan, I periodically search youtube for audio and video of the original attraction. Recently, the former Science/Imageworks Figment animation loop was uploaded. However, I came across something very strange while checking recent uploads today. This appears to be a ride-through of the original ride, However, the thumbnail and first few seconds of the video appear to be a photo of a person (probably the channel owner) and a Figment walkaround which I had never seen before. It does not appear to be the one seen later in the JIIWF era, and it definitely is shot at Communicore. Does anyone remember this walkaround or the potential timeframe it existed for? I had never seen or heard of this iteration of the costume before. While I am discussing Imagination pavilion characters, does anyone have any evidence of the "masked" Dreamfinder that was apparently tested briefly in the first years of the attraction?

Video found here:

TwilightZone

While I can't fully give information on this, I remember seeing early concept art of a walk around figment that also predates JIIWF, looks like it was more realized than I thought! I will reply back to this thread if I find it again. Also try posting this in the Figment will be replaced by figment thread, you might get some more info there.

TwilightZone

While I can't fully give information on this, I remember seeing early concept art of a walk around figment that also predates JIIWF, looks like it was more realized than I thought! I will reply back to this thread if I find it again. Also try posting this in the Figment will be replaced by figment thread, you might get some more info there.
Wow that didn't take long at all! Thank my good memory.
Screen-Shot-2021-07-27-at-3.30.43-PM.png

The source is from this video, it has some other neat concept art too.

MansionBat1994

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions as well as for the neat new concept art! Really odd that only one actual image of the walkaround exists. Perhaps it was only tested for a brief period, sometime between the mid-'80s and the closure of the Centorium, since the photo seems to have been taken there. It also appears shorter than the concept art as the neck seems shortened.

Rodj

Thanks for the suggestions as well as for the neat new concept art! Really odd that only one actual image of the walkaround exists. Perhaps it was only tested for a brief period, sometime between the mid-'80s and the closure of the Centorium, since the photo seems to have been taken there. It also appears shorter than the concept art as the neck seems shortened.
It was an inflatable: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/figment-well-to-be-replaced-by-figment.957141/post-10292171

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom