News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Kirby86

Agreed. That, and the Christmas song bus show at Disneyland, and the muppet mobile lab, prove that muppets are one of the greatest forms of streetmosphere entertainment at the parks.
Great moments in history was great and I was bummed they got rid of it. The Muppets really are one of the few IPs that Disney has that works well in any of the parks since they've done everything so they don't look out of place. I feel an adventure with Kermit and Fozzie would work in Splash.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I'm not opposed to changing splash I suppose. It appears to be in such bad shape something needs to happen. But why oh why would you not redesign Sawyer Island to an entire PatF area. What a missed opportunity!
Thats my point. You can really do something special w that franchise now if thats what they want to do is a separate question but either way. Something brand new not an overlay and give Splash the love it deserves by refurbing it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's still officially confirmed (again) for both U.S. parks...

1655249014852.png

Use the ">" button to scroll to the fourth page.

SailorMercury

And there will be people defending mediocre, cheap and unimaginative rethemes forever.
If the retheme sucks I'll absolutely be vocal about it. Tiana deserves the best ride she could possibly have, especially being the turning point for the modern day Disney Princess. But removing an IP with a controversial history is absolutely necessary with that as well. They are taking their time with changes which is absolutely a good sign for me.

Dear Prudence

You know what's also part of Caribbean *and Creole heritage? ;) The gaslighting is just 🤌.

It was also never not coming to both US parks. It was stated in the original press releases and announcements.

Midwest Elitist

You know what's also part of Caribbean *and Creole heritage? ;) The gaslighting is just 🤌.

It was also never not coming to both US parks. It was stated in the original press releases and announcements.
I read the "I have Indian heritage" part and my face hit the desk so hard I still have a gash.

Hilarious how it reads like they are building a new ride, as if Splash never existed, or anything associated with it. Kinda disgusting.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I read the "I have Indian heritage" part and my face hit the desk so hard I still have a gash.

Hilarious how it reads like they are building a new ride, as if Splash never existed, or anything associated with it. Kinda disgusting.
Actually, the less said about it the better.

You see the reaction here when someone explains why SotS has to go. It just riles people up.

It's much easier to just talk about how great it is to bring in PatF.

When TGMR was changed to MMRR, Disney didn't spend any time (AFAIK) explaining why TGMR had to go. That's just kicking people when their down. People were unhappy about that. Don't know how many would characterize their disappointment as 'disgust,' tho.

Dear Prudence

West India/Indian is just what the Islands are called, it's a hold over from Columbus thinking he found India.

Edit: my issues are squarely with Disney, not Ms. Smith.

GoneForGood

It's almost like that fact is intentionally glossed over and or deemed irrelevant, usually for convenience; but I digress. 👀😉

I am interested in the announcement they have planned in the next couple weeks. I find it strange that they would make an announcement for the ride when D23 is just a couple months later. They DID mention Dooky Chase and how it could have a part in the overlay, specifically at DL. Mainly just speculating here. I am so curious for more "real" information about the overlay.

I would take a peek, but I don't usually do many festivals or even Mardi Gras parades these days.

Dear Prudence

It's almost like that fact is intentionally glossed over and or deemed irrelevant, usually for convenience; but I digress. 👀😉

I am interested in the announcement they have planned in the next couple weeks. I find it strange that they would make an announcement for the ride when D23 is just a couple months later.
Instead of just waiting for their OWN convention, they are potentially co-opting an actual cultural festival. And everyone is just....okay with this.

What a mess.

Watch it not even be an update, LMAOOOOO

DCBaker

Premium Member
From an article interviewing Charita Carter-

"From there, the sky was the limit for Carter. Early hesitation to step outside of working with numbers had long dissipated. She couldn’t wait to figure out what was next for her career.

"I got the call, ‘We are planning on bringing [Princess] Tiana to both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. And we would like you to be the producer and the team leader for that effort.’ I was like, that’s what’s next,” she says.

Imagineers will be working on transforming the classic Splash Mountain into a Princess and the Frog attraction at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom at Disney World. (Disney hasn’t yet determined an unveiling date, but more details will be shared at ESSENCE Festival in July.) As the first attraction centered around Disney’s first Black princess, Carter is grateful for the honor to be leading its creation.

“I am extremely honored to have this responsibility,” she says. “It’s hard work. And yes, I am nervous because I feel every day the weight of what it is that we are doing. But we have put together an amazing team of people. We are working with so many consultants and just really encouraging everybody who is touching this attraction to be curious, and to be humble and be open to learning, expanding on ways that we can tell this story.”

She adds, “We are building upon what was done with the animated film. We’re telling a next chapter story. We have this beautiful opportunity to give the character of Tiana depth and a dimensional space. I’m honored and excited. And I just feel like, ‘Yes, I’m ready. Let’s do this.'”

In addition to honoring the historic Disney princess, the ride will also be a love letter to the city of New Orleans, where The Princess and the Frog was set. They’ve engaged with pillars of the community to get it done right.

Overall, it’s a lot of pressure to make everyone proud, including Carter’s parents — the same people she took a photo with in front of Disneyland every time they visited the park (and gave her that extra $20). Nevertheless, she doesn’t plan on disappointing. She’s long proven what she’s capable of."

“When I think about what this project means to my parents, there’s that aspect. And then when I think about the young people, there’s just the full gamut, multi-generational impact. We are taking our responsibility very seriously,” Carter says. “I feel privileged and honored to be in a driving seat where I can help influence the choices that we make because like I said, we have a big responsibility and we plan to deliver.”

Disney Analyst

"Imagineers will be working on transforming the classic Splash Mountain into a Princess and the Frog attraction at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom at Disney World. (Disney hasn’t yet determined an unveiling date, but more details will be shared at ESSENCE Festival in July.) As the first attraction centered around Disney’s first Black princess, Carter is grateful for the honor to be leading its creation.

“I am extremely honored to have this responsibility,” she says. “It’s hard work. And yes, I am nervous because I feel every day the weight of what it is that we are doing. But we have put together an amazing team of people. We are working with so many consultants and just really encouraging everybody who is touching this attraction to be curious, and to be humble and be open to learning, expanding on ways that we can tell this story.”

She adds, “We are building upon what was done with the animated film. We’re telling a next chapter story. We have this beautiful opportunity to give the character of Tiana depth and a dimensional space. I’m honored and excited. And I just feel like, ‘Yes, I’m ready. Let’s do this.'”

In addition to honoring the historic Disney princess, the ride will also be a love letter to the city of New Orleans, where The Princess and the Frog was set. They’ve engaged with pillars of the community to get it done right.

Overall, it’s a lot of pressure to make everyone proud, including Carter’s parents — the same people she took a photo with in front of Disneyland every time they visited the park (and gave her that extra $20). Nevertheless, she doesn’t plan on disappointing. She’s long proven what she’s capable of."

“When I think about what this project means to my parents, there’s that aspect. And then when I think about the young people, there’s just the full gamut, multi-generational impact. We are taking our responsibility very seriously,” Carter says. “I feel privileged and honored to be in a driving seat where I can help influence the choices that we make because like I said, we have a big responsibility and we plan to deliver.”

“I feel privileged and honored to be in a driving seat where I can help influence the choices that we make because like I said, we have a big responsibility and we plan to deliver.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom