A Comprehensive Guide the Best Orlando Theme Park Restaurants!

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Original Poster
Tutto Italia Ristorante.jpg

This is going to be a long post. Having been to WDW and Universal so many times, I figured it was about time I write about some of my favorite food offerings on property to help first-timers and veterans alike. From the Food & Wine Festival to resort lounges, I’ll try to cover everything I can.

Walt Disney World & Universal Orlando have both tremendous and abysmal food offerings. These options are frequently priced similarly, so choosing the right restaurant is an easy way to make the most out of your visit. Disney World of course is known for being an expansive, sprawling resort and most of the best food options are outside of the parks. Personally, WDW's theme parks are a bit lacking versus Tokyo and Anaheim's, but one could argue it makes up for it with the amount to do outside them.

How do my rankings work? It’s simple: have good food. The main restaurant rankings exclusively factor in food quality, not service or theming.

Separate lists are used to factor in theming. I've found theme park service to be extremely inconsistent (from pathetic to legendary), so they will not factor into my rankings for the table service restaurants.

This list is an ever-evolving group of restaurants that is of course based on subjective preferences, but I tried to be as objective as I could, factoring out my personal biases.

I hope you find this helpful, and with that, let's begin!

WDW Resorts
1681712269759.png

Animal Kingdom Lodge
The Boardwalk Inn
  • Flying Fish Cafe *best seafood *extremely expensive... really good but not truly worth the price
Contemporary Resort-Hotel
  • California Grill *expensive *avoid as long as it’s on its pre-fix menu
  • Steakhouse ‘71 *expensive *great steaks
Coronado Springs
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Citrico’s *expensive *phenomenal
  • Narcoossee’s *expensive
  • Victoria and Albert’s *$295 per person *league of its own
  • Grand Floridian Cafe
Polynesian Village Resort
Riviera Resort
Wilderness Lodge
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
  • Ale & Compass *breakfast
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse
Four Seasons Resort Orlando
  • Capa Steakhouse *Michelin star *extremely expensive
Avoid (nostalgia is one a hell of a drug/went downhill)
  • Contemporary Resort’s Chef Mickey’s *expensive *characters
  • Grand Floridian’s 1900 Park Fare *expensive *characters
  • Polynesian Village’s Ohana *expensive *went downhill
Disney Springs
1681712575983.png

Best Food

1. Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant *entertainment *great food *reasonable prices
  2. Homecomin' *elite fried chicken
  3. Morimoto Asia *phenomenal *expensive
  4. The Edison *entertainment *exceptional
  5. Jaleo by José Andrés *fantastic
  6. The Boathouse *expensive, another great seafood restaurant (alongside Flying Fish) that I wouldn’t consider worth the price
  7. Splitsville Dining Room *bowling *solid food
Quick Service / Desserts
  1. Gideon’s Bakehouse *world-class cookies *must-try
  2. The Polite Pig *quick service *exceptional
  3. Pizza Ponte *quick service *elite pizza
Avoid
  1. Rainforest Cafe
EPCOT
1681712643699.png

Best Food

1. Monsieur Paul *exceedingly expensive *exceptional *the prices are now $175 per person for pre-fix so just avoid it unless it comes down
  2. Takumi-Tei *exceedingly expensive
  3. Le Cellier *expensive *steakhouse
  4. Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria *world-class pizza *great value
  5. Restaurant Marrakesh *entertainment
  6. Tutto Italia Ristorante *incredible lasagna
  7. Biergarten *entertainment *solid food
  8. Teppan Edo *standard hibachi
Quick Service
  1. Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie *sandwiches/pastries (France)
  2. Regal Eagle Smokehouse *great (American Adventure)
  3. Tangierine Café (Morocco)
  4. Connections Eatery (World Celebration)
  5. Sunshine Seasons *good variety (The Land)
Best Theming
  1. San Angel Inn *bad food
  2. Biergarten *entertainment *solid food
  3. Space 220 *overrated *extremely expensive *mediocre food *get lounge instead or avoid!!!
  4. Coral Reef Restaurant *bad food
Best Drinks
Avoid
  1. Nine Dragons
  2. Space 220
  3. San Angel Inn
  4. Akershus Royal Banquet Hall *characters
  5. Coral Reef Restaurant *hit or miss food
Flower & Garden Festival
  1. Sunshine Griddle (Test Track)
    • Fried Cinnamon Roll Bites
Food & Wine Festival
  • Canada Booth
    • Canadian Cheddar and Bacon Soup served with a pretzel roll
    • “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with truffle-butter sauce
  • Coastal Eats (Mission: Space)
    • Baked Scampi Dip with shrimp, scallops, and baguette
    • Oysters Rockefeller
  • France Booth
    • Brioche aux Escargots, Sauce Crème à l’ail et Persil: Escargot brioche with creamy garlic and parsley sauce
    • Crème Brûlée Vanille à la Confiture de Framboises: Vanilla crème brûlée with house-made raspberry jam
  • Germany Booth
    • Schinkennudeln: Pasta gratin with ham, onions, and cheese
    • Apple Strudel with vanilla sauce
  • Greece Booth (Morocco)
    • Spanakopita
    • Griddled Cheese with pistachios and honey
    • Lamb Gyro with shaved lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, and tzatziki on warm flatbread
  • India Booth (China)
    • Crispy Paneer with mango-curry ketchup
    • Potato and Pea Samosa with coriander-lime cream
    • Chicken Tikka Masala with fennel-spiced yogurt and naan bread
  • Italy Booth
    • Gnocchi di Patate: Potato dumplings with four-cheese sauce and roasted cremini mushrooms
Animal Kingdom
1681712485310.png

Best Food

1. Tiffins *expensive *phenomenal *one of the best theme park restaurants on Earth
  2. Yak & Yeti Restaurant *I've heard reports it hasn't been as good post-COVID, but it's historically fantastic
  3. Tusker House *characters
Best Quick Service
  1. Satu’li Canteen *serves breakfast too *great food
  2. Harambe Market *great Chipotle style food
  3. Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes *not as good as the sit-down but still solid
  4. Flametree BBQ *solid but a step down from the others
Avoid
  1. Rainforest Cafe
  2. Any quick service not already mentioned
The Magic Kingdom
1681712782005.png

Best Food
  1. Skipper Canteen *some items
  2. Be Our Guest *expensive, lunch used to be a great value, but it's now Pre-Fixe
  3. Cinderella’s Royal Table *characters *solid food
Best Theming
  1. Be Our Guest *expensive
  2. Cinderella’s Royal Table *characters *solid food
  3. Skipper Canteen *tons of details and easter eggs
Best Quick Service
  1. Columbia Harbour House *solid quick-service seafood
  2. Gaston’s Tavern *snacks
  3. Main Street Confectionary *snacks
  4. Big Top Treats *many of the same items as the Main Street Confectionary
Avoid
  1. Plaza Restaurant *went downhill post-COVID
  2. Tony’s Town Square *overrated
  3. Liberty Tree Tavern *overrated
  4. The Crystal Palace *characters *okay, but not bad
  5. Any quick service not already mentioned
Hollywood Studios
1681712676965.png

Best Food
  1. Hollywood Brown Derby *expensive *best food at the park *get the Cobb Salad
  2. Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant *good (not elite) burgers, far more affordable than most restaurants on this list
    • I know a lot of people think Sci-Fi is overrated. I was firmly in that camp until this year. It's, for one, one of the coolest restaurants anywhere in the world, so when you pair that with average to good comfort food, you leave satisfied. It's not a $90 per person meal like Space 220 with bad fancy food; it has solid comfort food that, even if you splurge on milkshakes and sharing appetizers, is always under $30 a person. Frankly, Hollywood Studios has awful food, so if you're dead set on a table service restaurant, Brown Derby has to be your pick for food. However, given that it's twice as expensive as Sci-Fi, the atmosphere isn't unique, and you can find similar quality steaks for less in most cities, I don't see how you can't recommend Sci-Fi for that Disney touch. The best value overall at the park is hands down Docking Bay 7, but for a little more, you get a very cool experience at Sci-Fi. I usually eat lunch at Sci-Fi or a Cobb Salad at Brown Derby (the only reasonable menu item) to get out of the heat/crowds and have a quick dinner outside at Docking Bay 7.
Best Theming
  1. Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant *solid burgers; great substitute for a quick service; one of the best-themed restaurants at any Disney park in the world; half as much as Brown Derby
  2. Oga’s Cantina *overrated *expensive *most is standing only *cool theming but feels like a tourist trap
Best Quick Service
  1. Docking Bay 7 *eat here!
  2. Woody’s Lunchbox *solid sandwiches
  3. Baseline Tap House *drinks
Avoid
  1. 50’s Prime Time Cafe *good fried chicken but everything else is mediocre; Service not as unique post-Covid; very overrated
  2. Hollywood & Vine *some of their special event menus are better but nothing great
  3. Any quick service not already mentioned
Typhoon Lagoon
  • Any quick service is serviceable
Blizzard Beach
  • Any quick service is serviceable
Universal Studios Florida
1681712326756.png

Best Food

1. Lombard's Seafood Grille *eat here if you can
  2. Finnegan's Bar & Grill *solid pub-style food
Best Quick Service
  1. Leaky Cauldron *eat here
  2. Butterbeer throughout the land *snack
Avoid
  • Any quick service during lunch hours; it's chaos
  • Any quick service not already mentioned
Islands of Adventure
1681712256516.png

Best Food
  1. Mythos Restaurant *the best food in any theme park on Earth, perhaps short only to Tokyo DisneySea's Magellan's
  2. Confisco Grille *solid second option
Best Quick Service
  1. Three Broomsticks *serves breakfast *eat here
  2. Fire Eater's Grill
  3. Doc Sugrue’s Desert Kebab House
  4. Green Eggs and Ham Cafe *serves breakfast
  5. Butterbeer throughout the land *snack
  6. Wimpy's *burgers
Avoid
  • Any quick service during lunch hours; it's chaos
  • Thunder Falls Terrace (over-rated and a pain for dining when busy)
  • Any quick service not already mentioned
CityWalk
1681712386041.png

Best Food
  1. The Cowfish *exceptional *expensive
  2. VIVO Italian Kitchen *great
Best Quick Service
  1. Voodoo Doughnut *snacks
Volcano Bay
Best Food

1. All the quick-service restaurants at the park are quite good
And that’s a wrap! What do you guys think?
Orlando Area
Some great food I've had:
For a Map of All the Restaurants
Click Here

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

Boy, this is going to be a long post. Having been to WDW so many times, I figured it was about time I write about some of my favorite picks on property. From fine dining to snacks, I’ll try to cover everything at the parks and Disney Springs I recommend as well as some of my favorites at the resorts.

WDW has both tremendous and abysmal food offerings and sometimes these options are similarly priced, so choosing the right restaurant could make or break the parks.

How to end up higher on my rankings? It’s simple, have good food.

I believe EPCOT followed by Animal Kingdom have outstanding food offerings. Magic Kingdom and especially Hollywood Studios are pathetic.

Does not include any non-Disney hotel on property. I also won’t be including resort quick-service.

Resorts

Animal Kingdom Lodge

• Boma’s *buffet
  • Jiko’s *excellent
  • Sanaa *savannah views
  • Victoria Falls Lounge *best burgers
The Boardwalk
  • Flying Fish Cafe *best seafood
Contemporary Resort-Hotel
  • California Grill *excellent
  • Steakhouse ‘71
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Citrico’s *expensive
  • Narcossee’s
  • Grand Floridian Cafe
  • Victoria and Albert’s *$295 per person
Riviera Resort
  • Toppolino’s Terrace *excellent
Wilderness Lodge
  • Whispering Canyon Cafe *pre-covid
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
  • Ale & Compass
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse
Avoid (nostalgia is one a hell of a drug)
Contemporary Resort’s Chef Mickey’s *expensive
Grand Floridian’s 1900 Park Fare *expensive
Polynesian Village’s Ohana’s *expensive
Wilderness Lodge’s Artist’s Point *characters

Disney Springs
Best Food

1. Raglan Road *entertainment
  2. Homecomin’
  3. Boathouse
Small Plates / Desserts
  1. Gideon’s Cookies *exceptional
  2. The Edison *entertainment *exceptional
EPCOT
Best Food

1. Monsieur Paul *expensive *exceptional
  2. Takumi-Tei *expensive
  3. Le Cellier
  4. Tutto Italia
  5. Restaurant Marrakesh
  6. Space 220 *expensive
  7. Via Napoli *best pizza
  8. Garden Grill *characters
Quick Service
  1. Les Halles Boulangerie-patisserie
  2. Regal Eagle Smokehouse
  3. Tangierine Café
  4. Connections Eatery
Best Theming
  1. Space 220 *expensive
  2. San Angel Inn *bad food
  3. BierGarten *entertainment
  4. Coral Reef Restaurant (looks into aquarium) *bad food
Best Drinks
  • La Cava Del Tequila *avocado margarita
  • Cart Outside Le Cellier *Unibroue’s La Fin Du Monde Beer
  • Tutto Gusto *wine; the grand tour
  • Lotus House *kung fu punch
  • Regal Eagle Smokehouse *craft beers
Avoid
  1. San Angel Inn
  2. Coral Reef Restaurant
  3. Akershus Royal Banquet Hall *characters
Animal Kingdom
Best Food

1. Tiffin’s *expensive
  2. Yak & Yeti’s
  3. Tusker House *characters
Best Quick Service
  1. Satu’li Canteen *serves breakfast
  2. Harambe Market
  3. Flametree BBQ
Avoid
  1. Rainforest Cafe
  2. Any quick-service not the two already mentioned
Magic Kingdom
Best Food

1. Skipper Canteen (some items)
  2. Be Our Guest
Best Theming
  1. Be Our Guest
  2. Cinderella’s Royal Table *characters
Best Quick Service
  1. Columbia Harbour House
  2. Gaston’s Tavern *snacks
Avoid
  1. Liberty Tree Tavern *overrated
  2. Plaza Restaurant *went downhill
  3. Tony’s Town Square *overrated
  4. The Crystal Palace *characters
  5. Any quick-service not the two already mentioned
Hollywood Studios
Best Food

1. Hollywood Brown Derby *expensive
Best Theming
  1. Sci-Fi Dine-In *ok food but not pricey
Best Quick Service
  1. Docking Bay 7 *eat here!
  2. Woody’s Lunchbox
Avoid
  1. 50’s Prime Time Cafe
  2. Hollywood & Vine
  3. Any quick-service not the two already mentioned

And that’s a wrap! What do you guys think?
These lists are just so subjective. It's a very good list, I can't say I would agree with this list at all. For instance, during my current trip we ate at both Brown Derby and Coral Reef. Brown Derby had abysmal service, where it took 15 minutes before the server to first stopped by for a drink order and another 10 minutes till we got the drinks. We didn't see her much at all and when we did she was short with us. The food was good but not exceptional enough to make up for the bad experience with the server. Now that is not to say Brown Derby is bad, we saw plenty of great servers working, but that experience for us was what it was. Meanwhile, over at Epcot, the much maligned Coral Reef(a pick to eat at by my daughter)was a fantastic experience. Great server. The food was good and I loved watching everyone have a great time(there was a couple one table over that just were thrilled with watching the fish). We had a great table so that helps, but if I go another day, sit in the back and the server isn't so great, the place gets a different rating for me.
I think with WDW so many restaurants lack consistency. But again your list is great, just not one I would currently agree with.

Lilofan

These lists are just so subjective. It's a very good list, I can't say I would agree with this list at all. For instance, during my current trip we ate at both Brown Derby and Coral Reef. Brown Derby had abysmal service, where it took 15 minutes before the server to first stopped by for a drink order and another 10 minutes till we got the drinks. We didn't see her much at all and when we did she was short with us. The food was good but not exceptional enough to make up for the bad experience with the server. Now that is not to say Brown Derby is bad, we saw plenty of great servers working, but that experience for us was what it was. Meanwhile, over at Epcot, the much maligned Coral Reef(a pick to eat at by my daughter)was a fantastic experience. Great server. The food was good and I loved watching everyone have a great time(there was a couple one table over that just were thrilled with watching the fish). We had a great table so that helps, but if I go another day, sit in the back and the server isn't so great, the place gets a different rating for me.
I think with WDW so many restaurants lack consistency. But again your list is great, just not one I would currently agree with.
By the Brown Derby bathrooms there is a non descript elevator that takes Club 33 members to the non published Club 33 location . With $10K and more annual membership for each member , I would think the food drinks and service is world class.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
By the Brown Derby bathrooms there is a non descript elevator that takes Club 33 members to the non published Club 33 location . With $10K and more annual membership for each member , I would think the food drinks and service is world class.
That location is obvious…as are all the others. You literally have to stand in front of the bathroom to get to your “elite” level.

Lol…all Disney fans should really be laughed at. Including at oursleves…it’s a good thing 💴😎

James J

In the Parks
No
I would add Gran Destino/Coronado Springs - Three Bridges Bar & Grill.

We ate there 3 times when we stayed at Gran Destino! The burger is phenomenal, the tacos were delicious, the pan con tomate and the roasted corn dip were sooooooo good.

A really great, casual restaurant. On the water, very scenic.
Second this - we love it and my parents enjoyed it so much on our May trip that they also went back multiple times.

dreday3

Second this - we love it and my parents enjoyed it so much on our May trip that they also went back multiple times.

And it was just a really nice ambience too. Now it's not the most convenient to get to, so I doubt we'll get there next trip. Will miss it for sure! From our table one of our nights there:

destino 4.jpg

CynBeth

I also feel that for any restaurant you are going to find people who love it and others who do not and vice versa. At HS we are not crazy about Sci Fi but always have lunch at HBD and dinner at 50’s PTC And on our last trip in November also had a CS lunch at PizzaRizzo. For MK we love LTT, Tony’s, and BOG. At Epcot our favorites are Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Chefs de France, and Tutto Italia. We tried Space220 for the first time. At AK we enjoy Rainforest Cafe and for CS Pizzafari. At Disney Springs tried The Boathouse for the first time on our last trip and has become a new favorite. For breakfasts always go to WCC at WL and Boma at AKL. We tried Ale & Compass for the first time before it added the buffet and I loved the chocolate waffles. We also love dinner at Boma.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think you are being generous...

Even our Disney owned favorites have been cheapened to death. We now avoid them.
We prefer "Open Table" Restaurants at DTD, Swan-Dolphin, or close-but-off site stunners like CAPA, or Bull&Bear. Grab a great MEARS cab? You are no longer chained.
I still enjoy the food…but like you, the price and homogenization of menus has taken a lot of the appeal of it.

I don’t go to orlando for cuisine…If I ever was…that ended.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Pizza Ponte at Disney Springs has better pizza than Via Napoli.

I also think Polite Pig, despite being quick service, is better food than most of the TS restaurants at Disney Springs.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Pizza Ponte at Disney Springs has better pizza than Via Napoli.

I also think Polite Pig, despite being quick service, is better food than most of the TS restaurants at Disney Springs.
Totally agree about polite pig.

Actually…the restaurants at springs have taken away a lot of the “hurt” for me as Disney has abandoned alot of the quality from its park/resort restaurants.

I’d like to plug Jaleo as well. The restaurant isn’t for everyone - but is very good - but Chef Jose Andres is an amazing human being. He really is and we support his efforts and restaurants.

If you don’t know him - google him.

UNCgolf

Totally agree about polite pig.

Actually…the restaurants at springs have taken away a lot of the “hurt” for me as Disney has abandoned alot of the quality from its park/resort restaurants.

I’d like to plug Jaleo as well. The restaurant isn’t for everyone - but is very good - but Chef Jose Andres is an amazing human being. He really is and we support his efforts and restaurants.

If you don’t know him - google him.

Yeah, last time I was there we ate dinner at Disney Springs most nights -- often at 9-9:30 after leaving the parks. A lot of the QS at Disney Springs (the aforementioned Polite Pig and Pizza Ponte, but even stuff like D-luxe Burger) is better than the TS options in the parks, as well as cheaper. Plus no worries about needing a reservation.

Raxel7851

I’d like to 2nd @Sirwalterraleigh post. Although we haven’t dined at Jaleo, we intend to on our next visit, in support of his tremendous food program in areas of disasters. His World Central Kitchen does incredible work.

maemae74

I personally would choose Prime Time over Sci -Fi any day! I will do on record and say one of the best restaurants IMOP on property is Homecoming.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

I still enjoy the food…but like you, the price and homogenization of menus has taken a lot of the appeal of it.

I don’t go to orlando for cuisine…If I ever was…that ended.

That's me Sir. I guess I never ever expected a place that has to feed the masses to have great mind blowing food, I think it's a leftover mentality from growing up in a tourist destination. I cringe when folks ask me where to find a great meal in Times square. lol my answer.... away from Times square.

Anyhoo, I take things with a grain of salt. We really enjoy Sci fi diner but we always go for lunch and we always get the burgers, onion rings and milkshakes.

Same thing with Rainforest café and planet hollywood, it's a chain . I expect it to be exactly what it is, the kiddies loved it.
my favorites

Via Napoli
Jungle navigation Canteen
Plaza Restaurant
Le Cellier
Chefs de France
Enzo's Hideaway tunnel

Our absolute never miss is the Boathouse at Disney springs

As others have mentioned, all list are subjective. The one place we refuse to go back to? California Grill. full on nastiness, runner up Tony's town square. any time 3 teenage boys refuse to eat there you know it's bad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom