Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

BrianLo

It really feels like LucasFilm suddenly took the baton back on D+. Nothing against Mandalorian basically making the service the success it was out of the gate, but Marvel has been carrying it more recently.

I know their was a quote from them a while ago Q4 (July-Sept) is the first time the brands all have overlapping new releases.

Indy_UK

I think they’re just alternating the IP shows around. Star Wars is pretty solid and overall, I prefer the TV output to the Movie output. (Book of Boba Fett maybe not so much)

doctornick

It really feels like LucasFilm suddenly took the baton back on D+. Nothing against Mandalorian basically making the service the success it was out of the gate, but Marvel has been carrying it more recently.

I know their was a quote from them a while ago Q4 (July-Sept) is the first time the brands all have overlapping new releases.

It's good to see the overlap finally - excited for both Kenobi and Ms. Marvel to be coming out at the same time - as they definitely had periods of lack of content. It's one thing to have an occasional week or so but the gap between (say) Boba Fett to Moon Knight and then Moon Knight to Kenobi cannot happen if they want to avoid churn. At least be filling those gaps with things like Monsters at Work level.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Some analysts want Disney to drop the Cricket streaming rights (not renew), personally think that is a mistake.

Most analysts' views of CEO armchair quarterbacking is awful. Listening to them, Disney would only be left with its live action and animation studios.

Disney blew past their initial four year plan with D+ in the first year. And now that there's a more challenging goal, they make it sound like it's complete disaster if Disney doesn't hit it. It's like they don't have long term memory.

Remember, right about now is when ESPN should have bankrupted Disney.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Most analysts' views of CEO armchair quarterbacking is awful. Listening to them, Disney would only be left with its live action and animation studios.

Disney blew past their initial four year plan with D+ in the first year. And now that there's a more challenging goal, they make it sound like it's complete disaster if Disney doesn't hit it. It's like they don't have long term memory.

Remember, right about now is when ESPN should have bankrupted Disney.
Yep, I've been hearing for years that ESPN should be dumped because of the drag on DIS. Sports content has been and continues to be a huge market, especially now with sports betting becoming legal across many different venues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom