News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

DisneyfanMA

Is the 1pm virtual queue staying up for several minutes or longer to sign up for ? Or is it gone in seconds like the 7am? I feel like there are two articles on the front page of this site saying conflicting things about 1pm.

TimeTrip

Is the 1pm virtual queue staying up for several minutes or longer to sign up for ? Or is it gone in seconds like the 7am? I feel like there are two articles on the front page of this site saying conflicting things about 1pm.
Plenty of time (but not as much on Mondays). See this post and attachment
To echo what was already said, this past Monday (6/6) had 1pm's drop go much faster than the days preceding it (and come after), but it was still open for a couple minutes, which should be plenty of time if you do it right on time.

Here's a graph that illustrates it.
View attachment 644325

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 13 Stats (6/8):
7am: 5.48 secs
1pm: 2741.17 secs, or ~46 mins

BG 188 is the last BG called for the day. This is 5 less than yesterday.

The average pace was 5mins/BG until 10:30am. From then on it was about 3-4mins/BG.

There were three notable 15+ min stoppages today:
12:10 - 12:36 pm
2:37 - 3:00 pm
3:10 - 3:30 pm

That does it for Day 13 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-5.png

SplashJacket

Factors that can explain better availability for Guardians than Rise
  • More supply
    • Higher overall capacity
    • Higher reliability
  • More demand for Rise
    • Rise opened in December 2019, a peak travel time, so people saw the craziness and felt compelled to see what it was about
    • Rise opened months after Galaxy's Edge, effectively acting as a hype train
    • Rise has more "Instagramable moments" whereas Guardians lacks the "Wow" moments that draws attention to Rise. I've heard many reviews saying the best part is the feeling of the ride. That doesn't translate to a social media world.
  • Greater barriers to riding
    • Warnings of motion sickness. On my trip in a couple of weeks, my dad opted out of riding due to motion-sickness fears.
    • Rollercoaster (HUGE) in January 2020, I got my 78 year-old-grandma to wake up at the crack of dawn to ride rise. She loved it so much that she did it on a subsequent day. In my current party, only two of us will ride Guardians. For Rise, our whole party of 9 rode it, even though half of it consisted of people who would never ride a rollercoaster
    • Higher height requirement
    • Lower total number of Annual Passholders (greatly affects Epcot). Passholders master the system and ride dozens of times in a short period
  • In the age of Park Pass Reservations, it's harder to book a trip as soon as you want. With the current demand for the parks, getting a reservation isn't as simple as seeing a cool ride, booking tickets, and enjoying. You have to book farther in advance.
Guardians is likely to attract a group of travelers unlikely to go to Epcot. The people who don't do coasters, but do theme parks, are likely the people going to Epcot regardless.

Last edited:

lewisc

Park reservation requirement is a difference. Go to DHS at the crack of dawn. Fail to get a BP go to the park of your choice. Get an early BP ride then go to the park of your choice. Late BP go to the park of your choice then return.

GotG requires committing to EPCOT until 2. I guess you could ILL$ for after 2.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This is an overview of the current situation

DisneyfanMA

For the 1pm drop, How long did the VQ stay open today? I looked at 10 min of 1pm (as a test) and it said I wasnt allowed to pre-register -I'm not at the park nor will I be for several months. Just testing and getting a feel. When I remembered and went back to check about 1:40 it said VQ was gone.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Thank you. 8 min? Wow. Its better than nothing. Do we know how many people are in a typical BG?
You make that sound like it's somehow not very good.

Eight minutes to sign up at 1 PM means that everyone who attempts a 1p BG gets in. Even if they fidget with the process for over a minute, they get to ride.

At 1p, everyone who is in Epcot (or was in earlier and left) and want to ride on GotG:CR is guaranteed a ride the big new shiny ride.

DisneyfanMA

Eight minutes to sign up at 1 PM means that everyone who attempts a 1p BG gets in. Even if they fidget with the process for over a minute, they get to ride.

At 1p, everyone who is in Epcot (or was in earlier and left) and want to ride on GotG:CR is guaranteed a ride the big new shiny ride.

It's better than nothing. You still gotta be sitting there at 1pm like a hawk. But yeah if I get to claim a spot in the VQ for my visit in Nov for the fam, I'll be thrilled. By Nov I'm hoping things are a little calmer with the ride but we'll see.

DonaldDoleWhip

Any reports of CMs being lenient with the ILL return time? I.e. I get a 1:30 ILL and I don't get to the park until 6 PM due to airline issues. I have not had to worry about this in past but wondering. Thank you guys.

(I know that VBg are fine but what about ILL?)
Quick follow-up to this question - today I actually chose a later return slot than the first one being offered. Looks like you can do that when picking your time!

First ILL offering overlapped with a planned walk-up at Space 220, which we pulled off! So we were able to go straight to Cosmic Rewind from there: 10 rides + 5 songs down.

Vegas Disney Fan

This is extremely encouraging, we’re coming in Jan and it’s comforting to know we’ll (99.9%) get to ride this.

We like the VQ concept but aren’t fans of it being an internet lottery with it selling out in seconds. We missed out on a couple Rise VQs back in the day over minor phone issues. Having a bad internet connection or a phone hiccup shouldn’t mean missing the newest ride.

TheMaxRebo

It's better than nothing. You still gotta be sitting there at 1pm like a hawk. But yeah if I get to claim a spot in the VQ for my visit in Nov for the fam, I'll be thrilled. By Nov I'm hoping things are a little calmer with the ride but we'll see.

This is extremely encouraging, we’re coming in Jan and it’s comforting to know we’ll (99.9%) get to ride this.

We like the VQ concept but aren’t fans of it being an internet lottery with it selling out in seconds. We missed out on a couple Rise VQs back in the day over minor phone issues. Having a bad internet connection or a phone hiccup shouldn’t mean missing the newest ride.

We'll see if they even still have the VQ by then - for Remy it lasted a bit over 3 months. If that holds here then by Sept it would be dropped

disneygeek90

We'll see if they even still have the VQ by then - for Remy it lasted a bit over 3 months. If that holds here then by Sept it would be dropped
I'm interested to see how they'll handle standby if only for the fact that the queue is... not large. The inside area can really only handle maybe 45 mins. Standing outside that building, there's not a ton of room on the side where they were queuing for the AP Previews, especially with the Florida heat.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Quick follow-up to this question - today I actually chose a later return slot than the first one being offered. Looks like you can do that when picking your time!

First ILL offering overlapped with a planned walk-up at Space 220, which we pulled off! So we were able to go straight to Cosmic Rewind from there: 10 rides + 5 songs down.
Sorry for the off topic, but what is the latest protocol for space 220 walk-up? Still 10:30am?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm interested to see how they'll handle standby if only for the fact that the queue is... not large. The inside area can really only handle maybe 45 mins. Standing outside that building, there's not a ton of room on the side where they were queuing for the AP Previews, especially with the Florida heat.
There's not a lot of room inside Rat or MMRR, either. Outside umbrella city or some sort of carport will be built, I presume.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom