News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

gerarar

Premium Member
Last night was the first CM EARidescent Evenings event, and at Tomorrowland they had some concert/dance party.

They of course saved HEA for the last song, and everyone was singing it!!
There's always something about CMs singing the HEA theme song...hits me in my feels every time.. (eg. March 2020, June 2021 HEA homecoming, September 2021 final show, etc.)

Here's a livestream and timestamped the part:

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

If Enchantment came after Wishes and wasn't painted as an anniversary celebration show, I think it would be much more loved.
Yup. The phenomenon isn't uncommon though. HEA was somewhat of a "happy accident." Often when organizations have these happy accidents, they say to themselves "imagine how good it would be if we were really trying?" And then the second attempt is no where near as good as the first attempt where they were really just experimenting with it for the first time.

trainplane3

Yup. The phenomenon isn't uncommon though. HEA was somewhat of a "happy accident." Often when organizations have these happy accidents, they say to themselves "imagine how good it would be if we were really trying?" And then the second attempt is no where near as good as the first attempt where they were really just experimenting with it for the first time.
Look at the Water Pageant tag. They literally forgot funding was sent to it and a small group put together the most charming MK 50th piece without management input. It's a case of "too many cooks in the kitchen".

SpectroMan93

I was there this past Sunday and can confirm the finale was back to pre-April 21st pyro, though the Mickey fireworks were still intact. First time seeing Enchantment in the park. Pretty much mirror what’s been said before; it is a better show in person, but definitely inferior to HEA. There are great moments throughout, but it lacks the thematic through line to tie it all together. And without a clear story, which Wishes and HEA do so well, it’s hard to really connect to the show. It’s quite the spectacle to behold, but doesn’t linger with you once it’s over. On the bright side, I look forward to the short wait times during the fireworks the next time I’m at the park lol.

gerarar

Premium Member
The pyro amount of Enchantment finale returns to pre-April 21 version. Today's performance also seen this version.

Just like the short-lived finale barrage improvement that replaced flying fishes with "actual" shells, one step forward...two steps back.

Absolutely no reason for them to rid of the comets in the finale. But hey, at least Mulan shell lives another day..

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to an update to the calendar, Enchantment will be shown twice a night July 14 through July 24th. Showtimes are currently listed as 9:20pm and 11pm.

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 12.57.40 PM.png

jrhwdw

According to an update to the calendar, Enchantment will be shown twice a night July 14 through July 24th. Showtimes are currently listed as 9:20pm and 11pm.
That's very nice! But what's the occasion?????

No Enchantment Jokes Please!

Maybe a test of MK running 2 Fireworks Shows a Night? Maybe HEA and Enchantment?

Last edited:

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Its for 11 nights and we should get excited for this with the parks jam packed?
Ideally this should help alleviate some crowding. The early show will allow families with small children to watch the show and get out in time for bedtime. This late show appeals to me because I’m a night owl and I love a reason to stay in MK late.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Ideally this should help alleviate some crowding. The early show will allow families with small children to watch the show and get out in time for bedtime. This late show appeals to me because I’m a night owl and I love a reason to stay in MK late.
Its better than nothing but again less than 2 weeks to meet the demand to me is nothing to get excited about & unfortunately if you have small children most likely 9pm is still too late for them... it will help tho i agree for those who stay late and can now ride attractions with an assumed less wait time during the 1st showing

Skywise

Just went back and re-watched Enchantment - gag, I forgot how lackluster that music was.

What's the point of ditching the original soundtracks in these new fireworks shows and going with pop duet versions of them? Especially for a 50th anniversary show?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom