News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

TheMaxRebo

I guess the 1pm just threw me off. To answer the original question it looks like the resort guests are no longer taking all the ILLs? I didn't realize that was the case. Good news! Depending on how you look at it

Looking at Thrill Data, with an 8:30 op ning looks like they have been available at park opening (so for off site guests) each day as of June 3, but on two of those days it like just made it

Screenshot_20220607-094950~2.png

jrcoyne99

I know we don't have a lot of data yet, but I was looking at the Extended Evening Hours graphs. Yesterday, the BG number peaked at 212 an hour before the end of the extended hours. Has anyone tried to ride via an unofficial standby right before the extended hours end?

TimeTrip

1pm drop lasted for 5138.498 secs, or ~1 hour 26 mins.

Up to BG 90 called at 1pm, 9 more than yesterday.
Wow! My recommendation to my local friends will definitely continue to be get an Epcot res for the weekend, get there before 1, get VQ and enjoy. Also to DO IT ASAP. I do wonder how long before they go to standby and ditch the VQ. What was the "dropoff" for 1pm VQ when Rat had it?

TheMaxRebo

Wow! My recommendation to my local friends will definitely continue to be get an Epcot res for the weekend, get there before 1, get VQ and enjoy. Also to DO IT ASAP. I do wonder how long before they go to standby and ditch the VQ. What was the "dropoff" for 1pm VQ when Rat had it?

Remy opened Oct 1 and went to standby Jan 10th ... So a bit over 3 months but had the holidays in there

3 months for Guardians puts it the end of August, but Aug 7th is the end date for some ILLs being Genie+ (Everest, etc) so maybe Aug 8th could be when they shift a number of things including making Guardians standby

Slowjack

FWIW, I got in fabled boarding group 1 today, using no special techniques.

On a related note, this was the first time I was conscious that a Disney attraction I was walking through still has a distinct new-carpet smell. And though I had been concerned, I had absolutely no motion sickness.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 12 Stats (6/7):
7am: 5.48 secs
1pm: 5138.5 secs, or ~1 hour 26 mins

BG 193 is the last BG called for the day. This is 13 more than yesterday.

The average pace was 3-4mins/BG for the entire day.

There were two notable 15+ min stoppages today:
8:16 - 9:33 am
10:50 - 11:15 am

That does it for Day 12 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-2.png

TriSeb

Any reports of CMs being lenient with the ILL return time? I.e. I get a 1:30 ILL and I don't get to the park until 6 PM due to airline issues. I have not had to worry about this in past but wondering. Thank you guys.

(I know that VBg are fine but what about ILL?)

Last edited:

rreading

No, right at 7. Clicking early will cause the app to refresh a millisecond before , and the refresh button won’t be available. Having my Apple Watch clock pulled up with a second counter has me 4/4 (groups 46, 54, 11 and 10).
Apple Watch using apple time? I’ve heard that using an atomic clock time would be better?

Thanks

Twirlnhurl

Is it true that the standby queue is relatively small? If so I’m wondering how that transition would even work.
The standby queue probably can acomodate something like 45 minutes wait indoors if there is no ILL, and I would imagine with lightning lane it is probably more like 90 minutes indoors. It is a fairly long indoor queue for a Disney ride. Maybe twice as long as the indoor standby queue at Test Track?

MagicHappens1971

Remy opened Oct 1 and went to standby Jan 10th ... So a bit over 3 months but had the holidays in there

3 months for Guardians puts it the end of August, but Aug 7th is the end date for some ILLs being Genie+ (Everest, etc) so maybe Aug 8th could be when they shift a number of things including making Guardians standby
I personally think they'll wait until after the holiday season to move Guardians to a standby queue, but that's just intuition

DonaldDoleWhip

Any reports of CMs being lenient with the ILL return time? I.e. I get a 1:30 ILL and I don't get to the park until 6 PM due to airline issues. I have not had to worry about this in past but wondering. Thank you guys.

(I know that VBg are fine but what about ILL?)
Not positive, but I think they’re actually gonna be stricter here (the ‘grace period’ for LLs is something like 15 minutes, and in DL I’ve seen a Genie+ LL go dark with no grace period at all - went to Guest Relations when this happened and they added it back).

This could also be something you go to Guest Relations about, e.g. had to book my LL before boarding a flight and losing internet, this time was all I could grab, please add an option to pick later times, etc.

correcaminos

I’m with your companions in Group 7!

Also landed the Ratatouille LL for 8:45am and Cosmic Rewind ILL for 10:55am. All just me (booking for 2 people this time), but no app tag-teaming.

Pretty chuffed this morning!
Good for you. Our friends are still trying to get out the door lol. We're on the monorail towards TTC. We'll be lucky to get there for all guest opening.

We've done GotG 2x in the last few days so didn't feel like paying since we have 1 day left at Epcot too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom