Best Disney Castle

What is the best Castle worldwide?

• Sleeping Beauty's Castle (Disneyland Park)

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Cinderella's Castle (Magic Kingdom)

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Cinderella's Castle (Tokyo Disneyland)

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Sleeping Beauty's Castle AKA Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant (Disneyland Paris)

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Castle of Magical Dreams (Hong Kong Disneyland)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Enchanted Storybook Castle (Shanghai Disneyland)

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

waltography

Paris for me, no question. I've long admired its asymmetry and how the castle is built into the the sloping rock work. It's the one that looks like it popped out of a storybook.

Shanghai is a close second for its scale and detail, and also for looking like a castle that someone could actually live in.

Kevin_W

keep in mind that the DL castle was the first one they ever made, so they had no experience in castle making. They did what they could. Not to mention, Disneyland was smaller then. They didn't need a big castle. They just needed an interesting passage into Fantasyland.

I watched the Disney+ show about the castles recently. Their claim on the show was that they wanted a bigger castle in DL, but it was too expensive.

Kevin_W

And whereas is looks like the gracefully assembled Cinderella's Castle from different parts, Hong Kong's looks too jumbled, like they dropped out a bunch of different "build-own-castle playsets", and put it together from too many disjointed pieces.

I was not a fan of the "mix-n-match" concept art for the HKDL castle, but the final product exceeds my expectations and I kinda like that it is a tall, graceful castle without being a copy of WDW or DLP. I like each park having their own castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom