News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

pdude81

Thanks. So a 9:00 opening DHS, with a extra guest open at 8:30, that really wants a 7:30 arrival when the parking lot opens, means one could get in line for Skyliner between 6:00 and 6:30 to get there, give or take.

I suppose that makes the 7:00 G+ start easy to do, from high in the sky even.

Not there till later June, just trying to get a little planning in. The good news is, storms are more frequent in the afternoon, not at 7:00 AM. :) The bad news is, the little planning I've done seems to say starting at 7:00 AM is the best plan. :( I suppose that means afternoon in the pool (storms permitting) and hopping after 2:00 will not be a problem. Now, just need to figure out how to avoid COVID for the first few days to avoid impacting the last few days. Going to need to plan a nap time too.

This is all supposed to be relaxing right?

At least nobody is bursting into flame in the Skyliner, right?
I believe the skyliner only opens one hour before the early hours starts, so 7:30 for a 9am regular opening at DHS. So unless you wanted to be first in the line at the skyliner for when that opened, 6-6:30 is way way early. Epcot and DHS say they open at 8:30 right now, so I'd assume they start really letting people on around 7.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks. So a 9:00 opening DHS, with a extra guest open at 8:30, that really wants a 7:30 arrival when the parking lot opens, means one could get in line for Skyliner between 6:00 and 6:30 to get there, give or take.

I suppose that makes the 7:00 G+ start easy to do, from high in the sky even.

Not there till later June, just trying to get a little planning in. The good news is, storms are more frequent in the afternoon, not at 7:00 AM. :) The bad news is, the little planning I've done seems to say starting at 7:00 AM is the best plan. :( I suppose that means afternoon in the pool (storms permitting) and hopping after 2:00 will not be a problem. Now, just need to figure out how to avoid COVID for the first few days to avoid impacting the last few days. Going to need to plan a nap time too.

This is all supposed to be relaxing right?

It depends on the DHS hours. It is typically one hour before the start of Early Entry. So on days recently when DHS has been 8am open, and 7:30am for Early Entry, it has been starting at 6:30am.

For a 9am DHS open, it will be 7:30am start for Skyliner to accommodate the 8:30am Early Entry guests.

The park hours keep getting adjusted, so far up to June 4, so expect changes in the next couple of weeks.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Not as far as you know. ;)
That might explain this new graphic seen earlier this week...

ThisIsFine.jpg

Last edited:

GCTales

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

pdude81

Electrical permits files by Doppelmayr today for four of the Skyliner stations.

ART OF ANIMATION RESORT
1919 Animation Way - Electrical

CARIBBEAN BEACH
1051 SEA BREEZE DR(CARIBBEAN BEACH TTD) - Electrical

EPCOT
1874 AVENUE OF THE STARS(DISNEY SKYLINER AT INTERNATIONAL GATEWAY) - Electrical

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
785 STUDIO DR(DHS THS) - Electrical

Disney announces new partnership with Staples to resurrect the Easy button to just stop the Gondolas from moving.

"If there was a problem, yo I'll solve it"

Too cold

Phil12

No worse than suggestion people will fry on skyliner or fall to their doom in Alligator Infested swamps.
I don't think anyone suggested that anyone would fry on the Skyliner. I think it was proposed that if the Skyliner stopped moving for an extended period during a sunny day, that the occupants would bake due to excessive solar radiation. To prevent this occurrence Disney has wisely provided emergency water hydration kits on each gondola.

GCTales

I don't think anyone suggested that anyone would fry on the Skyliner. I think it was proposed that if the Skyliner stopped moving for an extended period during a sunny day, that the occupants would bake due to excessive solar radiation. To prevent this occurrence Disney has wisely provided emergency water hydration kits on each gondola.
I was being facetious.

However.. digging deep..😁😁😁

Kelvin.
This is where they will track the temperature in each Skyliner oven to ensure they are able to properly fry passengers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom