Favorite Songs: 1960's & all the way 'til Today

Diamond Dot

When I enter "Cymra" Google states that word is from Wales.
Are the video images from Wales? It looks like Ireland, but the two countries could have very similar landscapes.
Cymru is the Welsh word for Wales. The song is one of the finest Welsh songs from one of the finest Welsh artists, Dafydd Iwan backed by top Welsh folk band Ar Log.

I was puzzled when you send you typed in 'Cymra' so I googled it and that gave me a bit of a laugh.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Cymru is the Welsh word for Wales. The song is one of the finest Welsh songs from one of the finest Welsh artists, Dafydd Iwan backed by top Welsh folk band Ar Log.

I was puzzled when you send you typed in 'Cymra' so I googled it and that gave me a bit of a laugh.
Well I just took the first word of the song you posted.
I assume that the singer is singing in an original Welsh language?
In Ireland, their native language is called Gaelic.
Any name for the native language of Wales?

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
This is my favorite Celtic Woman Song in the original Gaelic.
Even if you've heard them sing...please give THIS ONE a listen....

I saw them live in concert in Lancaster Pennsylvania. That song in person is sooo powerful!

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster

I always thought Toto was singing: "There's nothing that a hundred men on Mars 👽could ever do"
But actually tonight I learned that they are singing this....
"There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do"
Go figure! :rolleyes:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I joined an additional posting platform.
It has a New Orleans Saints theme but I just post on the "EVERYTHING ELSE FORUM".
I created a thread very similar to this one.
Since I posted it on June 8th I've had lots of participation.
It looks like this...

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I first heard this song when a close friend died suddenly. Total shock, she was otherwise healthy and active and one Saturday morning she had a stoke and died a day later. It shook me to the core. Our families had been close for years and my daughter and her daughter have been best friends forever and I thought of her as my third daughter. She was remembering the first anniversary of her mothers passing just a short while ago and I took a chance and posted this on Facebook, without mentioning any names. She responded that it made her cry and all I could say was me too.

This one always makes me think of my brother. A Desert Storm Marine and an NYPD sergeant, he died of 9/11 related cancer in 2015 at the age of 50 1/2. Seven years ago tomorrow. 😢. There were only the two of us, so I'm an only child now.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
And, not for nothing Steve, Andrea got all the attention, but Sharon was actually the best talent in the band. JMO.
The Coors are only the Coors with all four siblings.
Take away one and it's not the same.
Maybe your correct about Sharon but "back in the day" I liked Andrea the best :happy:

Any comment on Post #235 @Tiggerish?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Maybe your correct about Sharon but "back in the day" I liked Andrea the best :happy:

First of all, @SteveBrickNJ Coors is a beer from Colorado. ;)

Corrs are a family band from Dundalk.

You can like Andrea all you want, she sang and played the tin whistle, but Sharon was the better musician.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

Secondly, #235 is gorgeous. I've got another one for you, maybe a bit more modern, although it was recorded a few years ago.

A first cousin once removed of mine is probably in that video.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom