Are park reservations going away?

Disstevefan1

The more I think about it, while yes, we can say the park pass reservation system allows the company to save costs by keeping staffing at the absolute minimum.

This could also be about good old supply and demand.

The park pass reservation system does “restrict supply”.

Before park pass reservations, if you had a ticket, come on in, no restricted supply there.

Now, folks are in a sense restricted, supply is down, the demand was already high.

So maybe the park pass reservation system serves two purposes; to save costs AND restrict supply.

Disney stopped selling APs for one reason, to reintroduce them again with huge price increases!

The sadder part is, the other parks will follow, raising their prices BECAUSE WDW did.

Jrb1979

The more I think about it, while yes, we can say the park pass reservation system allows the company to save costs by keeping staffing at the absolute minimum.

This could also be about good old supply and demand.

The park pass reservation system does “restrict supply”.

Before park pass reservations, if you had a ticket, come on in, no restricted supply there.

Now, folks are in a sense restricted, supply is down, the demand was already high.

So maybe the park pass reservation system serves two purposes; to save costs AND restrict supply.

Disney stopped selling APs for one reason, to reintroduce them again with huge price increases!

The sadder part is, the other parks will follow, raising their prices BECAUSE WDW did.
Maybe Universal will but the regional parks haven't increased their pass prices in awhile. A Gold pass at most Cedar Fair parks has been $100 for awhile.

Jrb1979

Cedar Fair is also dealing with a lawsuit. So I doubt we'll see many changes as that is ongoing.
That lawsuit is not the same. That lawsuit is about people trying to get a refund on their pass when the park was closed due to Covid. I think Cedar Fair will win as it's the passes always have said no refunds. Then extending everyones pass for another season or 2 depending on the park people were well compensated for the closure.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I don't think park passes are going away, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see some changes in the future to make them more user friendly once staffing increases - guarantees for resort guests, better park-hopping.

correcaminos

That lawsuit is not the same. That lawsuit is about people trying to get a refund on their pass when the park was closed due to Covid. I think Cedar Fair will win as it's the passes always have said no refunds. Then extending everyones pass for another season or 2 depending on the park people were well compensated for the closure.
I'm aware it isn't the same. I just don't think it is wise to make big changes with a pending law suit surrounding tickets YMMV

Jrb1979

I'm aware it isn't the same. I just don't think it is wise to make big changes with a pending law suit surrounding tickets YMMV
In Cedar Fairs case they are running their parks like they always have. I don't think the lawsuit has anything to do with that. From my view Disney is trying to change way too much. I've always felt as great Disney is with their brand and marketing, they are lousy park operators.

correcaminos

In Cedar Fairs case they are running their parks like they always have. I don't think the lawsuit has anything to do with that. From my view Disney is trying to change way too much. I've always felt as great Disney is with their brand and marketing, they are lousy park operators.
They are now yes, I just don't think raising ticket prices during a lawsuit looks good. That was it. Nothing about operations on my end. I was remarking on price increases or lack there of only.

Though reality is Disney *was* better to me at park operations than CP or KI ever was (grew up going to all 3 regularly). CP stepped up and WDW has gone down. All local places here have gone back to normal so to speak but Disney is just making me angry with their choices to pretend this is the best way to go. But again two separate issues.

mattpeto

The easiest thing to implement is force guests to pick a park reservations before processing the ticket order. Of course, some verbiage will need to be included: "You can change your park reservations pending availability."

Fixes the gate admission issue.

Don't sell a product you can't fulfill.

Disstevefan1

Maybe Universal will but the regional parks haven't increased their pass prices in awhile. A Gold pass at most Cedar Fair parks has been $100 for awhile.
Yes, I meant the parks/attractions local to WDW will be able to raise their prices BECAUSE WDW raised their prices..

WDWYankee15

That's a really tough one. I would say purchase tickets at the last minute so you can make your park reservations. And then if APs resume by the time your trip starts, you can roll the cost of tickets into the AP. That being said, from what I understand, they should be back by then.
Do you happen to have an insight into where things are standing on this now? I hear ticket prices are going up soon, so I will be purchasing a 10 day ticket this weekend, but still holding out hope for an AP before mid-August as I was planning another trip in November too.

Things seem a mess right now with APs and the recent developments at DL.

Disney Glimpses

Do you happen to have an insight into where things are standing on this now? I hear ticket prices are going up soon, so I will be purchasing a 10 day ticket this weekend, but still holding out hope for an AP before mid-August as I was planning another trip in November too.

Things seem a mess right now with APs and the recent developments at DL.
My advice, as always, is - if you know with 100% certainty you are going on a trip, buy the tickets now. Prices are always going to go up at least once per year.

You could always upgrade to an AP if they become available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom