The Great Movie Ride II - Hype/Discussion Thread

Brer Oswald

PerGron

Kenobi dropping in t-minus 56 minutes!

2D08DFAF-BD37-4FFB-90A7-672ED1ECD81F.jpeg

spacemt354

Chili's
I was hoping to be a bit more hyped after the first 2 episodes of Obi-Wan.

Pros - Naturally Obi-Wan, seeing more of Alderaan, and that new planet had a very lower level Coruscant vibe. I also thought the young Leia did a pretty good job at capturing a younger version of a New Hope Leia.

Cons - Why kill off the Grand Inquisitor when he's in Rebels? Unless that's a different Grand Inquisitor or he's not dead, either way it's just redundant. On a more etherical note, the music didn't have the 'Star Wars' feel - it sounds like the Spiderman PS4 game.

I'm hoping now the series can get started with Vader in the mix - I hope it becomes more Vader/Obi-Wan than Reva/Obi-Wan as the excitement for the show was based around the former relationship.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
As we progress throughout throughout season, we thought we'd periodically highlight a few films that didn't quite make the cut.

There's an endless supply of Jackie Chan flicks filmed in Hong Kong, and Legend of Drunken Master was actually in line when I had a potential season II mapped out a couple of years ago. Enter the Dragon won out this season though as it's just so good, and made for a great villain tie-in. This buddy action film though was worthy of some consideration, if not for a few laughs.

TheOriginalTiki

Top Gun: Maverick was fantastic - definitely recommend!
I just watched the first film this week and was super underwhelmed with how dated it was. Do you think Maverick is a Fury Road type of movie where the first film doesn't really matter?

@D Hulk do you have any idea if Zamperalla spinning wild mouses are prone to breakdowns? I was in line for Sidewinder Safari for about 90 minutes and the thing broke down three times, with the third breakdown happening RIGHT before I got to the station and causing the whole queue to get emptied. I really love the queue for Sidewinder, but if the thing is going to be breaking down THAT frequently then the anxiety of the breakdowns is pretty much going to render the queue stuff moot. What's the point if I'm just actively NOT going to want to wait in line on account of the probability for a breakdown?

D Hulk

@D Hulk do you have any idea if Zamperalla spinning wild mouses are prone to breakdowns? I was in line for Sidewinder Safari for about 90 minutes and the thing broke down three times, with the third breakdown happening RIGHT before I got to the station and causing the whole queue to get emptied. I really love the queue for Sidewinder, but if the thing is going to be breaking down THAT frequently then the anxiety of the breakdowns is pretty much going to render the queue stuff moot. What's the point if I'm just actively NOT going to want to wait in line on account of the probability for a breakdown?

I’m not aware of any issues with this model. It’s a 2022 coaster, so it might be going through some initial hiccups. Sorry about your queueing experience.

spacemt354

Chili's
I just watched the first film this week and was super underwhelmed with how dated it was. Do you think Maverick is a Fury Road type of movie where the first film doesn't really matter?
Dated in what respect?

I was never that big a fan of the original but always respected it for its influence. This one however is far superior in every way from a filmmaking standpoint and from a technical standpoint given that most of the action was filmed in person - it's a must do theater experience.

tcool123

So what's the countdown on how many films they have left to make live-action? lol
Not counting the ones already announced and/or active development we have:
  • Fantasia (except Sorcerer’s Apprentice)
  • Saludos Amigos
  • Three Caballeros
  • Make Mine Music
  • Melody Time
  • Fun and Fancy Free
  • Wind in the Willows
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • The Rescuers
  • Fox and the Hound
  • Great Mouse Detective
  • Oliver and Company
  • Rescuers Down Under
  • Pocahontas (Menken has said never will)
  • Tarzan
  • And everything post renaissance except for Lilo and Stitch and Atlantis
This doesn’t include remakes of their live action films nor Pixar. In all honesty I wouldn’t mind a remastering of earlier Pixar films like the various remasters we’ve gotten from video game studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom