Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

1653660404945.png

DisneyCane

They could make it mandatory to be vaccinated to enter instead. I can't believe people are still going on about this. The cries of " what the children" is nauseating.
Actually they can't, at least not at WDW.
A "deep breath" may not be the best idea.

Just saying, if you're in an enclosed space in a yellow (or worse) FL area, the "deep breath" with no filtration is probably the thing you don't want to do. 🤔

We're going soon, and I told my wife that I'm just planning on having COVID the week after the trip. I believe I've reached the acceptance stage. Her response was "I just hope we don't get it right before the trip".

I suggested that if we didn't test before we wouldn't have it, no testing means no cases. She was not amused. 🤣
Acceptance and not worrying about it are the right attitudes, IMO. If you are in generally good health and are vaccinated you are incredibly unlikely to have any kind of serious illness in the event you are infected. Sure, it isn't impossible but it's also possible for you to drop dead suddenly at 67 like Ray Liotta or somehow fall and die from hitting your head at 65 like Bob Saget.

You're going on vacation. It can't be enjoyable if you are constantly thinking about if the people around you have COVID.

I recently returned from travel where I and 75%+ of the other passengers on full flights were unmasked and it seemed like at least 1/3 of the passengers were coughing including somebody directly in front of me on one flight. Neither my wife nor I caught any illness.

During our vacation, I didn't give one thought to COVID or what color the location I was in was on the latest CDC map.

It is not nearly guaranteed that if you go to WDW you will end up infected with SARS-CoV-2 and possibly develop COVID-19. Yes, you will be in poorly ventilated, crowded indoor queues which will increase the risk to some extent but WDW is not a cesspool of COVID.

mmascari

Actually they can't, at least not at WDW.

Acceptance and not worrying about it are the right attitudes, IMO. If you are in generally good health and are vaccinated you are incredibly unlikely to have any kind of serious illness in the event you are infected. Sure, it isn't impossible but it's also possible for you to drop dead suddenly at 67 like Ray Liotta or somehow fall and die from hitting your head at 65 like Bob Saget.

You're going on vacation. It can't be enjoyable if you are constantly thinking about if the people around you have COVID.
Great, now I have to worry about just dropping dead and hitting my head. Just add those on top of COVID.

During our vacation, I didn't give one thought to COVID or what color the location I was in was on the latest CDC map.

It is not nearly guaranteed that if you go to WDW you will end up infected with SARS-CoV-2 and possibly develop COVID-19. Yes, you will be in poorly ventilated, crowded indoor queues which will increase the risk to some extent but WDW is not a cesspool of COVID.
We'll see. Between "cesspool of COVID" and "magic bubble of no transmission", I'm going to go with it's closer to the first than the latter. The magic is strong, but it cannot overcome everything.

If I just stop posting one day, you'll know. YOU'LL KNOW. (Give it a few weeks, there shall be no posting while on vacation either.)

disneygeek90

I caught covid a week and a half ago at what I can only assume was the parks, as I really hadn't been anywhere of high risk during that week. I was in the FoP queue the night before I felt symptoms. Part of me wonders if I spread it to anyone around me in that line, especially the kids that kept stepping on my feet.

It's definitely spreading, I would just make sure those thinking about traveling to the parks accept that there's a pretty decent chance you may be exposed to something as we are "back to normal".

Chip Chipperson

A "deep breath" may not be the best idea.

Just saying, if you're in an enclosed space in a yellow (or worse) FL area, the "deep breath" with no filtration is probably the thing you don't want to do. 🤔

We're going soon, and I told my wife that I'm just planning on having COVID the week after the trip. I believe I've reached the acceptance stage. Her response was "I just hope we don't get it right before the trip".

I suggested that if we didn't test before we wouldn't have it, no testing means no cases. She was not amused. 🤣

Sadly, I know people who believe that and behave as such. "It's only allergies and a smoker's cough so long as I don't test."

DisneyCane

If I just stop posting one day, you'll know. YOU'LL KNOW. (Give it a few weeks, there shall be no posting while on vacation either.)
Enjoy your trip and definitely do not post while on vacation!
It's definitely spreading, I would just make sure those thinking about traveling to the parks accept that there's a pretty decent chance you may be exposed to something as we are "back to normal".
Of course it is and it will spread likely for the rest of our lives. Nothing you stated is unique to WDW. There's a pretty decent chance you will be exposed anywhere you go.

I know of several people who have had mild symptoms and been COVID positive recently who hadn't been anywhere "high risk" in the preceding few weeks. Heck, I think it was @helenabear who posted about a friend that always wore an N95 everywhere and got infected.

disneygeek90

Of course it is and it will spread likely for the rest of our lives. Nothing you stated is unique to WDW. There's a pretty decent chance you will be exposed anywhere you go.

I know of several people who have had mild symptoms and been COVID positive recently who hadn't been anywhere "high risk" in the preceding few weeks. Heck, I think it was @helenabear who posted about a friend that always wore an N95 everywhere and got infected.
WDW is absolutely a unique setting. Not sure how that's even a debate. Your local restaurant is not packing in the volume of tens of thousands of people from all over the country on a regular basis.

correcaminos

Uh no she works as a teacher, much higher risk than me tbh. It was also a euro equivalent of a KN94

Heelz2315

WDW is absolutely a unique setting. Not sure how that's even a debate. Your local restaurant is not packing in the volume of tens of thousands of people from all over the country on a regular basis.

^Agreed! That's how I often wonder how they judge what or if any covid precautions will return. Orange Co may be in a medium or down the road a high risk but if you flew there from somewhere else, that is low, aren't required to wear a mask in your town, your airport, on the plane to WDW, through Orlando International, but required to at WDW? I can see how that could be confusing to people who don't follow the numbers/info every day and bristle when/if WDW would go back to masks. (which I hope they don't)

disneygeek90

^Agreed! That's how I often wonder how they judge what or if any covid precautions will return. Orange Co may be in a medium or down the road a high risk but if you flew there from somewhere else, that is low, aren't required to wear a mask in your town, your airport, on the plane to WDW, through Orlando International, but required to at WDW? I can see how that could be confusing to people who don't follow the numbers/info every day and bristle when/if WDW would go back to masks. (which I hope they don't)
I don't think they will. Seems like the ship has sailed. People will just get sick, but hopefully nothing serious.

I'm on day 10, worst part was a super stuffy nose. Felt like a bad cold that lingered a few more days than usual.

DisneyCane

I don't think the "community levels" are a particularly well thought out metric. The new metric and map were supposed to take the focus off of cases and put it on the healthcare system impact. However, they don't really do that because the hospitalization and ICU based metrics are changed based on the case rate (which isn't close to accurate anymore due to the prevalence of home tests).

If the case rate in a county is 200 or more per hundred thousand over seven days, the county is no longer allowed to be classified as "low" even if there is nobody in the hospital with COVID-19.

The county could have the exact same percentage of beds filled and one week be "medium" if there were 199 cases per 100k in the prior week and then suddenly be "high" the next week because the case rate went up to 200 cases per 100k.

That makes no sense to me at all. If a new variant became the dominant variant that literally had the healthcare impact of the common cold but was highly contagious, the entire country could end up classified as "medium" for no reason.

"Community impact" should be based on hospital bed and ICU percentage of people who are there BECAUSE they have COVID. It should be measuring the impact of the spread taking up hospital capacity. If 90% of the beds are filled by people in the hospital for other reasons but testing positive for COVID due to extremely high spread, that doesn't mean that COVID is adding burden to the healthcare system at all.

However, there doesn't seem to be any desire by the powers that be to actually collect data on people hospitalized BECAUSE they have COVID which would be necessary to base the "community impact" scale on that metric.

Jrb1979

I may sound the minority, but I think it's Dr. Fauci's fault. He created the virus by funding gain of functions at the Wuhan Lab. That mad doctor started the pandemic to teach former president a lesson. Because of Fauci, we will never get out of this mess. He needs to be investigated immediately. What happen to good conquers evil? Of course that only works for movie tv shows. I know you all are going to disagree with me on this or worse making fun of me, but this is what I've heard. I don't know about the aids thing, but I know he's lying and he knows that he created the virus on purpose. He's a mad scientist!
Happy Ha Ha GIF by Arrow Video
I don't care about any of that. My blame goes to all the politicians especially 1 in particular for making this political from day 1. It's the biggest reason for the divide in people.

JoeCamel

I may sound the minority, but I think it's Dr. Fauci's fault. He created the virus by funding gain of functions at the Wuhan Lab. That mad doctor started the pandemic to teach former president a lesson. Because of Fauci, we will never get out of this mess. He needs to be investigated immediately. What happen to good conquers evil? Of course that only works for movies and tv shows. I know you all are going to disagree with me on this or worse making fun of me, but this is what I've heard. I don't know about the aids thing, but I know he's lying and he knows that he created the virus on purpose. He's a mad scientist!
Happy Ha Ha GIF by Arrow Video
You forgot the sarcasm tag...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom