POLL: Will transportation within WDW - (bus/boat/Skyliner/monorail) remain free?

Will transportation within WDW - (bus/boat/Skyliner/monorail) remain free?

• Total voters

Bocabear

OK is this TDO floating a survey in advance of beginning a new system to make it even more expensive to visit the parks?
Like when we did the "Will Disney charge for Resort Parking thread?
I just think the whole question should be wiped from the boards so as not to give a TDO bean counter an idea to monetize yet another thing...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
OK is this TDO floating a survey in advance of beginning a new system to make it even more expensive to visit the parks?
I just think the whole question should be wiped from the boards so as not to give a TDO bean counter an idea to monetize yet another thing...

They likely already have a scheme in mind for this. Whether or not it ever sees the light of day... who knows.

And it's "sharp-pencil people" now, "bean counter" is considered offensive these days. ;)

Disstevefan1

Original Poster
I am positive the wdwmagic forums could NEVER influence the Disney bean counters in either direction. It’s fun to get folks opinion on what’s next to get monetized, or in this case, resume monetization…

one can only 'imagine' someone at WDW has had that thought and just hasnt acted on it as yet....ALL good things come to an end...just hope it takes a LOT longer to happen...could see it like parking an extra fee...but be better if limited to ONLY resort guests as a perk...

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Basically even though its "free" we've always paid for it in some way or another whether its increased parking fees for offsite guests or resort parking fees for onsite guests with vehicles or simply price hikes in resorts, dining, merch etc.
We have also seen upsell options like Minnie Vans.
I don't think we will outwardly see a fee like when you get on public transit.

JIMINYCR

Yes... hopefully this is one perk they dont decide to mess with. With the rising cost of fuel ( not pointing fingers but would like to) Disney is sure to be feeling the fuel pinch like all the companies nation wide that provide transportation. Someone just may be crunching numbers and at some point present a guest pre pay resort bus pass to the execs. On site guests pay one rate/ off site guests pay another.

TheMaxRebo

A resort fee is more likely, as opposed to overtly charging for transportation.

That would be my thought as well.

Could they start restricting transportation to only resort guests? Have to scan your MB or room card to get on? Combined with this resort fee?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yes... hopefully this is one perk they dont decide to mess with. With the rising cost of fuel ( not pointing fingers but would like to) Disney is sure to be feeling the fuel pinch like all the companies nation wide that provide transportation. Someone just may be crunching numbers and at some point present a guest pre pay resort bus pass to the execs. On site guests pay one rate/ off site guests pay another.
But it's a huge cost center, and we've seen what they do with those... monetize them or cut them.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
You're already paying for transportation as a resort guest. They have no qualms about raising hotel prices to match their revenue needs, how is this any different?

Disney transportation is already incredibly fragile. They can not afford to have more vehicles and ride shares (except for Minivans) on their already congested roads. Disney isn't stupid enough to mess around with this.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Nobody should be surprised to see SunPass tolling sensors installed at all the property entrances... if they start charging for resort transportation, they've got incentive to bill EVERYBODY driving on WDW roads.

gatepass.jpg

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

You're already paying for transportation as a resort guest. They have no qualms about raising hotel prices to match their revenue needs, how is this any different?

Disney transportation is already incredibly fragile. They can not afford to have more vehicles and ride shares (except for Minivans) on their already congested roads. Disney isn't stupid enough to mess around with this.
But non resort guests are also utilizing transportation and they arent paying through their resort fees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom