News Last night's Moonlight Magic at Disney's Hollywood Studios continued with distanced character sightings

BuddyThomas

I mean, considering everything that is going on in the world right now, doesn't this fall under the category of “no big deal”? It’s really not even a little deal; particularly if you are comfortable enough with your health and your finances to be able to go to WDW in the first place. It’s not as if you’d be getting a meet and greet with Julie Andrews or Tom Hanks. You’d be getting it with a sweat drenched low paid employee in a furry costume. So who really cares if you have to wave at them from a distance? You’re still there, aren’t you, which is more than a lot of other people are able to say. Just enjoy the magic or get someone to take away the gun pointed at your head that forced you to go. Sheesh.

Last edited:

Brian

I mean, considering everything that is going on in the world right now, doesn't this fall under the category of “no big deal”? It’s really not even a little deal; particularly if you are comfortable enough with your health and your finances to be able to go to WDW in the first place. It’s not as if you’d be getting a meet and greet with Julie Andrews or Tom Hanks. You’d be getting it with a sweat drenched low paid employee in a furry costume. So who really cares if you have to wave at them from a distance? You’re still there, aren’t you, which are a more than a lot of other people are able to say. Just enjoy the magic or get someone to take away the gun pointed at your head that forced you to go. Sheesh.
Please don't make excuses for a watered down guest experience, especially for among the most loyal customers of the brand. If you are paying such a high price for the WDW experience, especially when prices have never been higher, you should expect a high-quality experience. Even after 9/11, Disney managed to provide a high quality experience for their guests, like before.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I mean, considering everything that is going on in the world right now, doesn't this fall under the category of “no big deal”? It’s really not even a little deal; particularly if you are comfortable enough with your health and your finances to be able to go to WDW in the first place. It’s not as if you’d be getting a meet and greet with Julie Andrews or Tom Hanks. You’d be getting it with a sweat drenched low paid employee in a furry costume. So who really cares if you have to wave at them from a distance? You’re still there, aren’t you, which are a more than a lot of other people are able to say. Just enjoy the magic or get someone to take away the gun pointed at your head that forced you to go. Sheesh.
I don't think it's a big deal, per se, but it's weird, no?

BuddyThomas

Please don't make excuses for a watered down guest experience, especially for among the most loyal customers of the brand. If you are paying such a high price for the WDW experience, especially when prices have never been higher, you should expect a high-quality experience. Even after 9/11, Disney managed to provide a high quality experience for their guests, like before.
My post was completely valid. There are a lot more things to worry about right now than an up close and personal experience with someone in a costume.

Club Cooloholic

It's a tragic and downright gut-wrenching situation, but that does not excuse a watered down guest experience, especially when folks come to Disney Parks to escape the troubles of every day life.
Eh, how many of these DVC members are people that bought it way back(meaning it's long been a win for them) and maybe rent most of their points? These events tend to skew to helping locals as there is no way to book months ahead as a member. I think there are plenty loyal Disney customers who come every year and stay in hotels, just because a timesharish deal never appealed to them, that doesn't make them any less valuable. As others said be happy you had a free night in an uncrowded park.

mm52200

A big deal is being made out of nothing...all of the Toy Story characters did traditional meet and greets, the dance party at Disney Junior had characters dancing and taking pictures with guests with no distancing. I believe Mickey and Minnie did traditional meets as well.

The characters in Galaxy’s Edge have built in sighting formats that work fine and I’m sure Moonlight Magic wanted to see if doing a sighting for super rare characters such as the Rescue Rangers unit could help with demand.

Studios, MK, and DAK all still have sightings in place at certain locations and you’ll most likely see a mix between traditional meets and sightings from this point moving on as guests like both in different ways.

So that’s all.

Disney Analyst

A big deal is being made out of nothing...all of the Toy Story characters did traditional meet and greets, the dance party at Disney Junior had characters dancing and taking pictures with guests with no distancing. I believe Mickey and Minnie did traditional meets as well.

The characters in Galaxy’s Edge have built in sighting formats that work fine and I’m sure Moonlight Magic wanted to see if doing a sighting for super rare characters such as the Rescue Rangers unit could help with demand.

Studios, MK, and DAK all still have sightings in place at certain locations and you’ll most likely see a mix between traditional meets and sightings from this point moving on as guests like both in different ways.

So that’s all.

Thank you for your reasonable reply! The sky is not falling indeed.

drew81

So that’s all.
The problem is they had no line at all so the reasoning behind "we have to keep the line down" doesn't really work. Just allow photos and don't do autographs. I guess Disney can't staff lines any longer.

Plus, it seems like the certain employees can't get over what happened on September 13th, 2013. They are so afraid of having another supposed issue.

The "premier" resort in the entire world can't be bothered because that means certain people might have to break a sweat.

mm52200

The problem is they had no line at all so the reasoning behind "we have to keep the line down" doesn't really work. Just allow photos and don't do autographs. I guess Disney can't staff lines any longer.

Plus, it seems like the certain employees can't get over what happened on September 13th, 2013. They are so afraid of having another supposed issue.

The "premier" resort in the entire world can't be bothered because that means certain people might have to break a sweat.
The sighting format generally doesn’t have a line so that makes sense. They encourage guests to come up and take pictures with the characters behind them.
People were still able to get pictures with the characters.

As was already stated they have attendants plenty and most characters last night had attendants.
Also, sightings generally have the same number of attendants as a traditional meet and greet so it’s a lateral move.

I’m sorry this upset you so much?

drew81

The sighting format generally doesn’t have a line so that makes sense. They encourage guests to come up and take pictures with the characters behind them.

As was already stated they have attendants plenty and most characters last night had attendants.
Also, sightings generally have the same number of attendants as a traditional meet and greet so it’s a lateral move.

I know what WDW is capable of and they choose to take the easy route.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yeah, this is right up there with 'instagram walls' -- totally the same thing vs grouping with the characters, having personal interactions, etc.

So, if its all the same - why bother with this reduced experience? Why not simply give people what they want, and the product Disney has delivered for decades?

And I guess I'm sorry you don't have higher standards or are so easily appeased?

themerebear6453

This is what Disney is counting on. They're going to keep lowering their standards and your experience as long as you say it's no big deal. They've capitalized on a global pandemic to cheapen the experience in every way they can, and they'll keep doing it as long as we keep paying for it.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
You deserve a Razzie for this tiring sanctimonious role you consistently play on here.

Disney Analyst

If you just want to see the characters at a distance - you can do that at any M&G that is outdoors to start with without waiting in line. Just admire them from afar...

Or offer both? Distanced meet and greets, normal meet and greets. Everyone can have something they enjoy :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom