Hoop Dee Doo?

COProgressFan

There’s a few lines here and there that are questionable and are probably going to be revised.

Over the last few years before the shut down they already tinkered with some parts of the script. After Pulse they eliminated the gun and had Dolly/Annie Oakley make a fist instead, after the alligator “incident” they changed the rhyme for people from Louisiana (it used to end with “there they sit gator bait”) in the 50 states number, the “Indian scout” audience volunteer lost the feather headband and became the “wilderness scout,” etc. For a time they tinkered with not having Jim and Flora sing Shenandoah/ This Land is Your Land from the audience and instead kept them onstage, but then they returned to the floor for that number. Most of these changes would go unnoticed by 99% of the audience, unless you’d seen the show many times. The point is, they’ve always shown a willingness to tinker with the show.

My hunch is that these revisions will be more significant than the ones I described above, but less significant than the major overhaul the show got in 2012, when entire numbers were changed and poor Flora saw her part cut down to 7 spoken lines (and still plenty of singing).

Stay tuned, I guess.

Was 2012 when they changed the Hoop Dee Doo song also?

I still miss the original Hoop Dee Doo polka, it's a shame they couldn't work out a deal for the rights.

Still, the show in recent years was good. There's no reason that a tinkering/updating of the script should lead to an inferior show. It's a slap-stick / vaudeville show - you can do that and be funny and still be appropriate for todays society. It's always about the execution.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Was 2012 when they changed the Hoop Dee Doo song also?

I still miss the original Hoop Dee Doo polka, it's a shame they couldn't work out a deal for the rights.

Still, the show in recent years was good. There's no reason that a tinkering/updating of the script should lead to an inferior show. It's a slap-stick / vaudeville show - you can do that and be funny and still be appropriate for todays society. It's always about the execution.

2012 was the year they changed the opening number because of the rights issues, yes. They also refreshed a lot of other show elements including some dialogue.

JusticeDisney

I may have asked this question before, and if I did I apologize, but when reservations are able to be made this Thursday, can you do them online at 6 AM? Or do you have to wait to call at 7 AM?

Thanks!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Whoever designed the seating chart has obviously never set foot in the theater because that Category 2 section labeled "balcony" isn't balcony.

1653490866984.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom