Fort Wilderness Cabins stay

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Another thread!! Booked a cabin at Ft Wilderness for a 3 day weekend in August and need all of the advice you can throw at me. It will be me, mom and 2 dogs.

I already reserved a golf cart
Will I be able to park my car at the cabin?
Do they do room/cabin checks? We will have the dogs and I'd hate for them to get out if we happen to step out for a bit.
Planning on doing Hoop Dee Doo and Trails End
Is there a firepit at the cabins?
Are they doing carriage rides again?
Where can/can't we take the dogs while staying there?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
While I have not stayed at the cabins I can answer your carriage ride question.

1653483703897.png

Virtual Toad

Another thread!! Booked a cabin at Ft Wilderness for a 3 day weekend in August and need all of the advice you can throw at me. It will be me, mom and 2 dogs.

Do they do room/cabin checks? We will have the dogs and I'd hate for them to get out if we happen to step out for a bit.
The cabins and campground are incredible! A true WDW treasure. It's been a couple of years since we've stayed there, but to answer (most) of your questions:

1) Excellent! Though walking/biking are also eminently doable for many.
2) Yes. Sadly they do charge for parking.
3) Not sure.
4) Both are amazing. Enjoy!
5) Yes-- at the Meadows where they show nightly movies. AFAIK, you should still be able to buy s'mores kits. Roasting marshmallows while you enjoy the film is a lot of fun.
6) Not sure.
7) Not sure-- though they do have a dog park there.

Have a great time!

castlecake2.0

They do cabin checks, just call housekeeping from the time n room phone and you can arrange a time for the check so you can be there with the dogs :)

Raxel7851

Checking in today! Have a golf cart rented and a carriage ride scheduled for tomorrow evening. Planning on checking out the fireworks from the beach and hopefully the Chip n Dale sing-along
@DznyGrlSD, don’t forget to check out the Water Parade that goes by FW. I believe it’s around 9:30. Hope you’re enjoying your Disney vacation. We’re checking into FW on the 9th.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
We managed to see the Halloween Fireworks on Friday night - the music that they pump over to the Fort is VERY quiet so I managed to sync it to a youtube video on my phone.

Saturday's carriage ride was cut short by lightning in the area. They said they're going to refund us

We caught the EWP Sunday evening

Having a golf cart at the Fort is a MUST. We had so much fun riding around with our doggos

Raxel7851

We managed to see the Halloween Fireworks on Friday night - the music that they pump over to the Fort is VERY quiet so I managed to sync it to a youtube video on my phone.

Saturday's carriage ride was cut short by lightning in the area. They said they're going to refund us

We caught the EWP Sunday evening

Having a golf cart at the Fort is a MUST. We had so much fun riding around with our doggos
Do you remember what time the EWP came by the campground @DznyGrlSD ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom