Monte Cristo Sandwich at The Plaza 🤮

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
Is this the right place to post a review?
---------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, a quick takeaway on the Monte Cristo Sandwich from the Plaza restaurant over at the Magic Kingdom.

They are 🤮
It is probably the worst dish and restaurant on the WDW property.

Here we go:
  • We tried Disneyland's version of Monte Cristo a few times, they are delightfully delicious.
  • The Plaza was the only sit-down restaurant in the Magic Kingdom we had never tried.
  • We were pleasantly surprised to see it on the menu, we booked and seated in 30 mins (walk-in)
  • It was 🤮
  • It was deep-fried but was soggy to a point where the bottom just fell off.
  • The ham was very dry
  • The flavor, the texture, and -to a point the look, that make Monte Cristo unique were lost in a very unfortunate and poor execution
  • This place screams for a refurbishment (dirty carpet and a springy seat)
  • Counting tips should be done behind the door, please.
I'll give this experience: an F- as in avoid at all cost, if you must, however, try something else.

Disclaimer: This is just a personal opinion, if yours is different than mine, it's absolutely okay.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Weird. I've had it at DLR and The Plaza at MK and I preferred it at MK.
It actually seemed like a REAL Monte Cristo at MK vs completely deep fried sweetness that seemed more like a dessert than meal at DLR.
I've had local version and they are definitely more like MK's version.

As for The Plaza itself... I enjoyed it.
We sat in the corner which I liked.
Actually found the seats comfy compared to some other restaurants.
I liked that it was nice and bright in there since I have night blindness.
And our waitress was very friendly and happy to serve us.

Last edited:

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
1653401757938.png

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
Weird. I've had it at DLR and The Plaza at MK and I preferred it at MK.
It actually seemed like a REAL Monte Cristo at MK vs completely deep fried sweetness that seemed more like a dessert than meal at DLR.
I've had local version and they are definitely more like MK's version.

As for The Plaza itself... I enjoyed it.
We sat in the corner which I liked.
Actually found the seats comfy compared to some other restaurants.
I liked that it was nice and bright in there since I have night blindness.
And our waitress was very friendly and happy to serve us.
Ah, it could be mine wasn't cooked properly. Was yours soggy?

mf1972

my wife & i both had it last october & we enjoyed it. was crispy on the outside & not soggy at all. had a nice sweet & salty taste. we’ve never been to DL, so this was our 1st time having it. i would get it again if it’s still on the menu this fall.

mdcpr

Hi everyone, a quick takeaway on the Monte Cristo Sandwich from the Plaza restaurant over at the Magic Kingdom.

They are 🤮

Here we go:
  • We tried Disneyland's version of Monte Cristo a few times, they are delightfully delicious.
  • The Plaza was the only sit-down restaurant in the Magic Kingdom we had never tried.
  • We were pleasantly surprised to see it on the menu, we booked and seated in 30 mins (walk-in)
  • It was 🤮
  • The ham was very dry
  • The flavor, the texture, and -to a point the look, that make Monte Cristo unique were lost in a very unfortunate and poor execution
I'll give this experience: an F- as in avoid at all cost, if you must, however, try something else.

Disclaimer: This is just a personal opinion, if yours is different than mine, it's absolutely okay.
Picture or it didn't happen. LOL

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
my wife & i both had it last october & we enjoyed it. was crispy on the outside & not soggy at all. had a nice sweet & salty taste. we’ve never been to DL, so this was our 1st time having it. i would get it again if it’s still on the menu this fall.
That sounds like the DLR version I remember. Unfortunately mine want balance, it was more salty.
Picture or it didn't happen. LOL
lol I didn’t take it after the first bite, this is the best I can find. It wasn’t that clear in the picture but if you look at the bottom being darker I knew immediately it was going to be soggy.

Attachments

• 33A54152-6723-48F3-931F-CF26A0237676.jpeg
    33A54152-6723-48F3-931F-CF26A0237676.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 108

Jon81uk

They are 🤮

Here we go:
  • It was 🤮
  • The ham was very dry

Why didn't you send the food back? If it was soggy and dry then I'd send it back to the kitchen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom