Wilderness Lodge

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'm not making the same mistake as I did with BLT.

Staying at WL from 7/1-7/4 - give me the deets. I know about geyser point but I've never actually stayed at WL. Are the boats running between resorts yet or just to/from MK?

Edit: I'm staying in a regular room/courtyard view - not DVC

Give me tips/tricks. Not really planning on going to the parks but planning on spending plenty of time at the pool/Geyser Point

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
The boats that go around Bay Lake aren’t running yet, but the boat to MK is. That gives you the option of visiting the monorail resorts.

Curl up with a book and a beverage of choice upstairs in the nooks and crannies overlooking the lobby.

Visit the Carolwood Pacific room in the VWL building to see models of Walt’s trains and photos etc.

I never tired of the stream rising inside the lobby, the fireplace or the carvings on the totem poles - which can also be seen close up from upstairs.

Enjoy the sunsets and the Electrical Water Pageant.

Raxel7851

We stayed there last week for a split stay between WL and PORFQ. We enjoyed WL so much with its peaceful setting. A couple of times when we were at the MK, we would take the boat to WL and have a relaxing lunch at Roaring Forks, then take the boat back to the MK.

HouCuseChickie

1. Keep an eye on the weather if you need to use the boats. We've had several instances where lightning has temporarily halted boat service.

2. I'm not sure where all you've stayed, but WL's rooms are smaller than deluxe resorts on the monorail loop and Epcot area. On our first stay, I wish we'd done more to maximize space. We had a large stroller and quite a bit of luggage on our first stay at WL. I normally don't like to "move in" and our stroller was a nightmare to fold. Living out of our suitcases and keeping the stroller open didn't make us feel cramped at the Contemporary or YC, but it made things feel pretty tight at WL. In hindsight, I wished we'd moved into the drawers/dressers, stowed our luggage, and came up with a better plan for the stroller. It's not as tight as our moderate resort experiences, but still...much more enjoyable when you can access all of the free floor space in a room.

It's a beautiful resort! Enjoy your trip :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member

Staying at WL from 7/1-7/4 - give me the deets. I know about geyser point but I've never actually stayed at WL. Are the boats running between resorts yet or just to/from MK?

Give me tips/tricks. Not really planning on going to the parks but planning on spending plenty of time at the pool/Geyser Point
I just returned from a week at Wilderness Lodge and have many pics and info in my trip report. Start on page 32 if the link doesn’t direct you there.

LittleMerman

Geyser Point is great! I've been a lot of times. The bison burger is excellent and the brisket dip app is a must! Try to be there for the fireworks! I also recommend Artist Point. I haven't been since the pandemic and I've heard the character interaction is from a distance so not as fun but the food was really fun and I enjoyed it a lot!

Chip Chipperson

We love the breakfast at Whispering Canyon.

I really enjoyed the breakfast there, too. Oddly enough, I wasn't a fan of the dinner there, but that might just be my BBQ tastes and not a food quality issue. I like the BBQ at Regal Eagle much more. The last time my wife and I stayed at Boulder Ridge, we chose to mobile order from Roaring Fork over making a Whispering Canyon dinner reservation.

IanDLBZF

I really enjoyed the breakfast there, too. Oddly enough, I wasn't a fan of the dinner there, but that might just be my BBQ tastes and not a food quality issue. I like the BBQ at Regal Eagle much more. The last time my wife and I stayed at Boulder Ridge, we chose to mobile order from Roaring Fork over making a Whispering Canyon dinner reservation.
Lunch there is surprisingly very good.
PSA: If you ask for ketchup there, then this happens....
ACA3B7B5-2B2D-41EA-A818-2777BE53383E_1_105_c.jpeg

IanDLBZF

And I've stayed at BRV once in Dec 2017, plus at WL for my birthday, and will be here again for Fourth of July!
It is a very nice resort for that regard, and has become one of my favorites.

correcaminos

Be sure to do the scavenger hunts. The DVC side is much harder than the main resort IMO. I do really like the breakfast and lunch menu at WCC. Spend some time in the Boulder Ridge lobby and train room. It's really a peaceful place.

doctornick

Be sure to do the scavenger hunts. The DVC side is much harder than the main resort IMO. I do really like the breakfast and lunch menu at WCC. Spend some time in the Boulder Ridge lobby and train room. It's really a peaceful place.
I was just going to suggest this. They have two scavenger hunts that you can do at the resort and are a great way to explore.

They also sometimes do tours pointing out stuff especially in the lobby. I don’t think they are going on now (they weren’t last year when we stayed) but they will give you the printed info sheet and you can self tour. Great info about the lobby totems.

correcaminos

I was just going to suggest this. They have two scavenger hunts that you can do at the resort and are a great way to explore.

They also sometimes do tours pointing out stuff especially in the lobby. I don’t think they are going on now (they weren’t last year when we stayed) but they will give you the printed info sheet and you can self tour. Great info about the lobby totems.
I'm unsure about official tours. Though Ranger Jack did something very similar for our friends Thursday!

DISR

Don't skip the Territory Lounge. Great place to have drink. I believe they will let you take the drink into the lobby if you prefer that atmosphere. Also, you can grab a snack or drink in the store to enjoy in the lobby if that is your preference. The bottom line is to find any way you can to enjoy the lobby...it is incredible. I used to wake up a 6:00 am and have coffee on one of the rocking chairs scattered on the upper floors and enjoy the tranquility of the place before everyone else gets up.

The pool is a little small for the size of the resort. If you want seats inside the perimeter pool fence, get there early.

We stayed there last week for a split stay between WL and PORFQ. We enjoyed WL so much with its peaceful setting. A couple of times when we were at the MK, we would take the boat to WL and have a relaxing lunch at Roaring Forks, then take the boat back to the MK.
So there is a boat running from WL to MK? I keep reading that the boats aren't running on other posts. Are some running and some not? We've never stayed at a MK resort so I am not familiar with what is normal there. We will be at WL in Sept. I was hoping we could take the boat to MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom