News Reimagined Toontown coming

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Sounds like cool tech but what impact does this really have on ride experience?
I think this could be used for a new future Roger Rabbit attraction for Mickey's Toontown, as Disney's Hollywood Studios too as a new Toontown section as Walt Disney Studios Paris for new Roger Rabbit land.

mickEblu

I think this could be used for a new future Roger Rabbit attraction for Mickey's Toontown, as Disney's Hollywood Studios too as a new Toontown section as Walt Disney Studios Paris for new Roger Rabbit land.

I just don’t see them investing this money into Roger Rabbit. Mayyyybr if the ride is being rethemed.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
More likely to end up on a future Marvel or Star Wars "super-immersive" E-Ticket rather than a reimagining of a minor C Ticket ride.
I think this will be for possible Roger Rabbit attraction for between DL's Toontown and Disney's Hollywood Studios for a new Toontown land aka Roger Rabbit's Toontown or Maroon Studios.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Um, guys. I think we may getting a new Roger Rabbit attraction for this.

As we've seen from MANY patents submitted for ride systems by Disney, there is no guarantee its for a current project or even an existing attraction. Disney files patents for a lot of ride systems that end up not being used or not used in the way that the images submitted with the patent suggest.

I think this will be for possible Roger Rabbit attraction for between DL's Toontown and Disney's Hollywood Studios for a new Toontown land aka Roger Rabbit's Toontown or Maroon Studios.
So no I don't think this is for Roger Rabbit in DL's TT. Especially since the ride vehicle is not seen by guests very much while on the attraction, you know due to all the spinning. Think more Goofy's Sky School, or attraction similar to that.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

More likely to end up on a future Marvel or Star Wars "super-immersive" E-Ticket rather than a reimagining of a minor C Ticket ride.
I read on another thread that the Quinjet Avengers E ticket was scrapped from budget reasons as well as capacity issues (not being able to fit enough people) maybe this could be the ride system Disney goes with for the Avengers E ticket. While this is wishful thinking Disney is doing a Ghosebumps series for D+ and if they did a Ghosebumps land for the Disney parks I could see this type of ride system working with that type of IP.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don't see that anyone posted these, but our friends over at RatSpeak have a couple new overhead shots:

Disneyland_Flyover_Toontown_Construction_Roger-Rabbit-Area-1-of-1.jpg

Disneyland_Flyover_Toontown_Construction_Mickey-and-Minnies-Runaway-Railway_Goofys-House-in-Scaffolding-1-of-1.jpg

Disneyland_Flyover_Toontown_Construction_Donalds-Boat_Gadgets-Go-Coaster_Missing-Treehouse-1-of-1-2.jpg

Disneyland_Flyover_Toontown_Construction_Donalds-Boat_Gadgets-Go-Coaster_Missing-Treehouse-1-of-1.jpg

And a shot looking from the currently blocked entrance showing the marquee of the El Capitoon being built:

Disneyland-Mickeys-Toon-Town-construction-Mickey-and-Minnies-Runaway-Railway-Elcapitoon-Theater-facade-DSC_3686-XL.jpg

I'm surprised they're able to keep getting the overhead shots, was expecting we wouldn't be getting much since work is being done deep inside the land. But happy they are able to since it shows some posters here that progress is happening, and that timelines aren't likely to slip.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I read on another thread that the Quinjet Avengers E ticket was scrapped from budget reasons as well as capacity issues (not being able to fit enough people) maybe this could be the ride system Disney goes with for the Avengers E ticket. While this is wishful thinking Disney is doing a Ghosebumps series for D+ and if they did a Ghosebumps land for the Disney parks I could see this type of ride system working with that type of IP.
At the recent shareholder event Chapek stated that the Avegers attraction was just on pause and that they were looking to bring back funding for it, hopefully soon. The same with the Mary Poppins attraction in Epcot.

So no I don't think it was scrapped altogether. Maybe they'll rework it, but I sort of expect we'll be hearing something about it at D23 later this year as they'll need something to announce for DLR.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

At the recent shareholder event Chapek stated that the Avegers attraction was just on pause and that they were looking to bring back funding for it, hopefully soon. The same with the Mary Poppins attraction in Epcot.

So no I don't think it was scrapped altogether. Maybe they'll rework it, but I sort of expect we'll be hearing something about it at D23 later this year as they'll need something to announce for DLR.
The Avengers E ticket will more than likely be announced at D23 and we shall see the form they take for it. There are also rumors that a TL revamp will be announced there as well which is not shocking since Tokyo's TL is being revamped and it would not be that hard to copy it over to DLR. The big fish in the room for DLR at D23 will be the DL forward plans being confirmed and more concrete plans on how it will affect the parks. I am hoping that what will replace HollywoodLand will be hinted at or announced at d23 due to DL forward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom