New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

Fox&Hound

Excited for this to open. Slight side note- but a lot of people have mentioned, and I agree, that the layout for TSL is odd- just one linear path without much to explore and little guest-accessible land for such a large footprint. I know originally the layout for SLinky was different, but were there earlier drafts of the land where it was configured differently? It is such an odd layout, compared to a land like Adventureland or Pandora, which invites exploration. I wonder why it is designed so differently? The almighty dollar?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Excited for this to open. Slight side note- but a lot of people have mentioned, and I agree, that the layout for TSL is odd- just one linear path without much to explore and little guest-accessible land for such a large footprint. I know originally the layout for SLinky was different, but were there earlier drafts of the land where it was configured differently? It is such an odd layout, compared to a land like Adventureland or Pandora, which invites exploration. I wonder why it is designed so differently? The almighty dollar?
Well, it is like they forgot almost everything they knew about theme park design when doing TSL at DHS. Starting with indoor locations and shade.

Animaniac93-98

Well, it is like they forgot almost everything they knew about theme park design when doing TSL at DHS. Starting with indoor locations and shade.

I chalk that up to a California based design team that doesn't spend much time in Florida.

Disneyland, their home park, is all outdoor, uncovered switchbacks and patios with partial shade. It's not very pleasant in the heat.

lazyboy97o

I chalk that up to a California based design team that doesn't spend much time in Florida.

Disneyland, their home park, is all outdoor, uncovered switchbacks and patios with partial shade. It's not very pleasant in the heat.
They relocated Kathy Magnum to Florida when the project was starting. They had architects based in Florida work on it. Umbrellas though are the sort of thing Ops will buy after the land opens…

MagicHappens1971

They relocated Kathy Magnum to Florida when the project was starting. They had architects based in Florida work on it. Umbrellas though are the sort of thing Ops will buy after the land opens…
The land is incredibly hot and has nearly no where to sit, on top of that they’re only expanding the Woodys lunchbox area by a very small amount

Purduevian

Not including the toy soldier parachute drop ride within one of the SDD helices was a sin.

At least Andy is kind enough to build shade structures for us. It only required 3 melted toys before he sprang into action.
Guessing they don't want anything TS to be seen from SWGE. SDD is already viewable from smugglers run queue.

gerarar

Premium Member
I haven't been to the parks since either land opened, but doesn't Galaxy's Edge have pretty decent food? All I hear is that I need to try the ronto wraps. Doesn't Toy Storyland only have glorified poptarts? I could understand why they'd prioritize getting more food options into TSL. Though I do agree, both lands would benefit from having more food options, especially sit down style.
If you're in DHS in the morning, I recommend trying the breakfast bowl at Woody's Lunch Box and the breakfast Ronto Wrap in GE. They are some of the best stuff I've had at the parks, imo.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not a single bench in basically the whole land. That also goes for a lot of WDW now. Benches are scarce.
1653079017441.png

1653079259797.png

1653079419677.png

1653079599385.png

1653079660623.png

ToTBellHop

Long lines? No shade? No benches? Hardly any food? Melting toys?

Are we sure this isn't Sid's backyard?
It’s senior year in high school. Andy is on a voyage of self discovery and gets to taking care of his toys only sporadically. Basically, whenever there’s a half day at school.

DisneyDebRob

I was going to respond with there are benches but I didn’t think that many. Thank you for pointing them out!
Generally speaking, the benches have dropped off and i can’t figure out why. Its not because they dont have space. I can show pictures from the 70’s and 80’s where there were benches in the background of every picture. Someone enlighten me on why there are so fewer today?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was going to respond with there are benches but I didn’t think that many. Thank you for pointing them out!
Generally speaking, the benches have dropped off and i can’t figure out why. Its not because they dont have space. I can show pictures from the 70’s and 80’s where there were benches in the background of every picture. Someone enlighten me on why there are so fewer today?
Yes, MK is bench lite. Most likely too crowded for benches.

DHS, however, does have a significant amount of benches.

UNCgolf

Easy ways to get around that. There should have been a tree-covered berm around TSL. That view of a giant, green backstage building from SDD after the second launch is awful.

That's obviously the worst, but the views around Slinky are pretty bad for the vast majority of the ride -- at least for somewhere that's supposed to be about themed entertainment. You're mostly seeing the ground or some trees/bushes, plus that long backstage view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom