News Center Street on Magic Kingdom's Main Street U.S.A. partially closed for refurbishment work

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Main-Street-USA_Full_47449.jpg

Smiley/OCD

Now maybe they can address the gaps on either side of the train/trolley rails on Main Street…I’ve seen too many guests with strollers, wheelchairs and ECV’s struggle trying to get from one side of the street to the other. I understand that many guests just don’t pay attention and many have their faces buried in their phones, but that should be all the more reason to fix those rails.

peter11435

Now maybe they can address the gaps on either side of the train/trolley rails on Main Street…I’ve seen too many guests with strollers, wheelchairs and ECV’s struggle trying to get from one side of the street to the other. I understand that many guests just don’t pay attention and many have their faces buried in their phones, but that should be all the more reason to fix those rails.
Not sure how to fix that problem short of removing the rails and trolley

JoeCamel

Look at the wheels of the vehicles, the gaps are necessary.
Not sure how to fix that problem short of removing the rails and trolley
^^^^^^^

Smiley/OCD

Yes, of course they’re necessary, but the gaps are getting wider with age, wear, erosion, etc. if you live near a train station with a pedestrian grade crossing adjacent to the station, you’ll see how tight those gaps can be made. Steel strips can also be imbedded on either side of the rails to prevent that “erosion” of the asphalt. It can be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom