New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

Stupido

I haven't been to the parks since either land opened, but doesn't Galaxy's Edge have pretty decent food? All I hear is that I need to try the ronto wraps. Doesn't Toy Storyland only have glorified poptarts? I could understand why they'd prioritize getting more food options into TSL. Though I do agree, both lands would benefit from having more food options, especially sit down style.

G00fyDad

Yes, but the demand for a SW sit-down would be astronomically higher and would move piles of location-specific merch.
When did Disney start thinking long-term again? They have become all about short-term gains over long-term profits. They can build a TSL sit-down cheap now and people will still go or they could build an immersive SW sit-down and the line would be around the block for a very long time. Guess which one they went with?

G00fyDad

I haven't been to the parks since either land opened, but doesn't Galaxy's Edge have pretty decent food? All I hear is that I need to try the ronto wraps. Doesn't Toy Storyland only have glorified poptarts? I could understand why they'd prioritize getting more food options into TSL. Though I do agree, both lands would benefit from having more food options, especially sit down style.
But none of the SW places are a true sit-down place.

G00fyDad

I want a Bespin themed full sized TS place (although that wouldn't work too well in GE) or a place themed to the Empire as a troop chow hall, or even a place themed a lot like Maz Kenata's (let go of your hate for the sequels).

UNCgolf

TSL is tiny, though (at least the actual guest accessible parts; the land overall is absurdly large for what it offers). It's not like people are just milling about there; if you're not on one of the rides or in line for one of them there's really no other reason to be in the area.

More dining options are always good, of course.

Casper Gutman

Calling TSL a land at all is a stretch. It is basically a single straight path, with no nooks and crannies, nothing to explore, no stores, nothing. It is an absurdly overly-simplified design. A restaurant won't fix that. (PS: UNC said this better above - there is no reason to be in TSL, it offers nothing of interest.)

SWL features far too few eateries. Rontos is nice, but frequently closed and can't accommodate the crowds. the indoor dining location is very generic. SWL supposed to be a market - it should be littered with little food stands and dining options. And I would wager far more SW fans want to eat in the cantina then want to fly the Millenium Falcon. A heavily themed sit-down location should have been the very first element penciled in for the land.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
TSL is tiny, though (at least the actual guest accessible parts; the land overall is absurdly large for what it offers). It's not like people are just milling about there; if you're not on one of the rides or in line for one of them there's really no other reason to be in the area.

More dining options are always good, of course.

Haha they do "mill about" wandering in the middle of the walkway between TSMM and the path leading to SDD. They get confused and just stand right in the middle pointing in random directions. Aside from the tater tots and poptarts, theres only a drink cart. SWL (not blackspire or battu) has Oga's, Docking Bay 7, Milk stand, Nasty Popcorn Stand, and Ronto Roasters + drink carts and bar carts.

ToTBellHop

Yes, but the demand for a SW sit-down would be astronomically higher and would move piles of location-specific merch.
And would certainly be an $80/guest prix fixe with bizarre food that would nonetheless print money. Can’t charge that much for Buzz’s BBQ Turkey Leg or Jessie’s Cowgirl Burger served with Bullseye Fries.

Who doesn’t want a Bespin burrito (purple, square-shaped tortilla)? Or perhaps you’d prefer Chewie’s Porg filet served over mashed purple cauliflower? Option 3 of 3 will be the vegetarian option: Leia’s Light Gungan Salad consisting of romaine and some sort of fake “chick’n” that is described as Gungan breast covered in Alderaan vinaigrette

Last edited:

DisAl

Let's start suggesting menu items:
Bullseye Patty Melt (rather than fries)
BBQ Chicken that Didn't Make It Across the Road
Hay Stack Fries
Udderly Delicious Ice Cream Sunday
Pasture Fresh Slaw
Watering Hole Tea
And I's sure others can come up with something even better...

kalel8145

Hay Stack Fries
Pasture Fresh Slaw
Watering Hole Tea
Bo Peep Brisket Sandwiche

G00fyDad

Hay Stack Fries
Pasture Fresh Slaw
Watering Hole Tea
Potato Head Soup
Buzz Baked Beans
Claw Slaw

JustInTime

Woody’s lunchbox has great (actually some of the best) grilled cheeses and soups.

Purduevian

The Roundup BBQ will almost certainly be sold out every day. Dinning capacity is so low in every park that the following restaurants are sold out for dinner for a party of 2 next Tuesday (5/24) (picked a Tuesday thinking it would be slower than the weekend).
MK:BOG,CRT, Diamond Horseshoe, The Plaza
Epcot: Biergarten, Garden Grill, La Hacienda, Le Cellier, San Angel Inn, Space 220, Teppan Edo, Tutto, Via Napoli
DHS: Prime time, Hollywood & Vine, Mama Melrose, Sci-Fi
AK: Tusker House, Yak & Yeti

I sure hope Roundup is more popular than Mama Melrose

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
And would certainly be an $80/guest prix fixe with bizarre food that would nonetheless print money. Can’t charge that much for Buzz’s BBQ Turkey Leg or Jessie’s Cowgirl Burger served with Bullseye Fries.

Whomever is in charge of deciding the flavor profiles for SWL is seriously demented. We had the charcuterie board at Ogas a few weeks ago and I was appalled at the pork rinds with nutmeg... thats just not right.

ToTBellHop

Whomever is in charge of deciding the flavor profiles for SWL is seriously demented. We had the charcuterie board at Ogas a few weeks ago and I was appalled at the pork rinds with nutmeg... thats just not right.
It’s bizarre. There is no good reason for blue milk and green milk to be nasty. There is no flavor profile I’m aware of in the films for blue milk. Make a tasty milk shake. Dye it blue.

Ronto’s and Docking Bay have some good options. Just not enough seating.

kalel8145

It’s bizarre. There is no good reason for blue milk and green milk to be nasty. There is no flavor profile I’m aware of in the films for blue milk. Make a tasty milk shake. Dye it blue.

Ronto’s and Docking Bay have some good options. Just not enough seating.
This. I was expecting like a vanilla flavor just blue. The alcohol helps though. 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom