Poly DVC Rooms

nickys

Premium Member
Not all brokers allow room requests to be made, and at least one charges a fee for requests (as well as other changes like names on a reservation). So that isn’t always an option for those renting. Just something to be aware of.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
There is no dresser, but you have many other options. Storage for clothing consists of the "coffee table" (which opens at the top and is really a giant trunk), under-bed drawer, the vanities in the bathrooms (both of which have multiple, large, open cubbies), and the closet, which has hanging space and a couple of small shelves under the safe. (FWIW, for food storage, there's ample extra space in the kitchenette cabinets and on the counter.)

When we stayed in a Poly DVC studio, we had packed everything in packing cubes (in a different color for each person, which makes my little OCD heart explode with delight!), and I brought a cheap collapsible mesh hanging shelf set like this one, which I hung in the studio closet:
Amazon product ASIN B07DD9ZJZ7
"Unpacking" and "repacking" our clothes was as simple as unzipping the packing cubes and putting them somewhere, and packing up again meant zipping them up and tossing them back in our suitcases. My daughter kept her cubes in the "coffee table," my son and husband used the closet shelves, and I tucked my cubes of clothes in the 3/4 bath vanity, so I could get dressed easily after using that awesome shower every morning. All of us still had storage space to spare. We kept our shared dirty laundry bag on the floor of the closet (a laundry basket is also provided), lined up our shoes and sandals under the bed, and parked our empty suitcases in the entry alcove. We didn't even need the under-bed drawer.

We've stayed in DVC studios at Beach Club and Animal Kingdom as well, and the spaciousness and functionality of the Poly studios was hugely superior to all others, even before the refurb. Now that the 2nd bed is a more comfortable Murphy version, and you don't have to find a place to store a bunch of giant sofa cushions when using it, it's even more functional.

Here's a room tour I Googled from Youtube, which goes into some detail on all the in-room storage. If you're a visual person like me, this should give you an idea of what to expect. (*Note that not all rooms have balconies/patios: second floor rooms in some buildings don't, so be sure to request one if you want one.)

Great idea about the hanging storage!

Thanks for the link, I’ll watch it tonight. I am definitely a visual person. Also a super planner 😊

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Not all brokers allow room requests to be made, and at least one charges a fee for requests (as well as other changes like names on a reservation). So that isn’t always an option for those renting. Just something to be aware of.
This is good to know, thanks. I figured I would wait until our arrival date gets closer and then ask.

nickys

Premium Member
This is good to know, thanks. I figured I would wait until our arrival date gets closer and then ask.
I’d suggest asking now. That way the owner has plenty of time to do it. If you leave it until closer to the time they might not be able, or not be willing, to do so.

Also from the broker’s perspective, making any kind of requests close to the date might well not be passed on because they will feel it pressurises the owner to do it.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
I’d suggest asking now. That way the owner has plenty of time to do it. If you leave it until closer to the time they might not be able, or not be willing, to do so.

Also from the broker’s perspective, making any kind of requests close to the date might well not be passed on because they will feel it pressurises the owner to do it.
Sounds good thanks! I just mailed the signed contract today so once they sign as well, I will get right on it 😊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom