Shipping packages TO resorts

G00fyDad

We are doing a split stay this October between WDW and Clearwater Beach. I want to order a specific beach chair from Amazon and have it shipped to the Pop Century resort before we leave WDW. (having it shipped to the beach house rental is problematic) I know they accept packages that are shipped in for the guests but I have a couple of questions.

#1 - How reliable has Disney been with making sure the packages are not lost at the resort before you can pick it up?

#2 - Do they have a size limit? This package will likely only be around 28"tx28"wx14"d.

JIMINYCR

Disney does charge a handling fee for packages. What once was no charge changed because so many guests were shipping items to save on bringing things with them and it got to be time consuming and space limiting. Weve had large boxes shipped and had no issues with damaged or missing items. I'm not sure about a size limit. You could contact the resort and enquire about the policy restrictions. If Amazon will do it ask to have the box labeled with your name as a guest of the resort and the date of your resort arrival date.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Disney does charge a handling fee for packages. What once was no charge changed because so many guests were shipping items to save on bringing things with them and it got to be time consuming and space limiting. Weve had large boxes shipped and had no issues with damaged or missing items. I'm not sure about a size limit. You could contact the resort and enquire about the policy restrictions. If Amazon will do it ask to have the box labeled with your name as a guest of the resort and the date of your resort arrival date.
Thank you. ;)

Upvote 0

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
The last time we used Amazon was December 2019 for a small package. The resort didn't charge us the $5 fee at the time.

Receiving Mail

Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels can receive mail throughout their stay. Occasionally, some Guests choose to ship items in advance of their vacation to help save luggage space.
If you intend to receive mail during your vacation, be sure the letter or package:
  • Includes the mailing address of your Disney Resort Hotel
  • Clearly features the word “Guest” on the front and the date of your arrival
Please note that a $6 per package handling fee will apply to all packages that are received through the Front Desk or are delivered to your Disney Resort hotel room.

This part is interesting:

Receiving Packages and Deliveries at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort

Beginning December 29, 2021, select vendors will be able to drop off certain packages and groceries for Disney’s All-Star Music Resort Guests at new locker facilities outside Melody Hall—located near luggage services. At this time, Guests who do not use Online Check-In service will continue to be required to pick up packages and groceries at bell services or arrange for in-person delivery with the vendor directly.

I wonder if other resorts will get similar.

Upvote 0

Gojira ゴジラ

We are doing a split stay this October between WDW and Clearwater Beach. I want to order a specific beach chair from Amazon and have it shipped to the Pop Century resort before we leave WDW. (having it shipped to the beach house rental is problematic) I know they accept packages that are shipped in for the guests but I have a couple of questions.

#1 - How reliable has Disney been with making sure the packages are not lost at the resort before you can pick it up?

#2 - Do they have a size limit? This package will likely only be around 28"tx28"wx14"d.
- It's reliable. Once I lost a pack of water bottles due to my mistake (Poly was refurbed), and they went above and beyond to locate it. They were able to find them maybe because it was still in the same resort.
- I don't know about the size limitation

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Original Poster
I plan on ordering the item from Amazon (a very specific beach chair for our Clearwater days) but I am just going to have this shipped to my house soon and then closer to the trip I will ship it to the resort. I could use Prime to get it there for free but since it needs to be clearly labeled with "GUEST" and "POP CENTURY RESORT" on the sides I need to do this on my own. I doubt Amazon would do this for me. I'll just ship it out from my house on the Monday or Tuesday before we leave that Friday so it arrives while we are still at Disney World then I'll toss it in the back of the van rental we will have and I will have it for the beach days.

Upvote 0

Chi84

Premium Member
I plan on ordering the item from Amazon (a very specific beach chair for our Clearwater days) but I am just going to have this shipped to my house soon and then closer to the trip I will ship it to the resort. I could use Prime to get it there for free but since it needs to be clearly labeled with "GUEST" and "POP CENTURY RESORT" on the sides I need to do this on my own. I doubt Amazon would do this for me. I'll just ship it out from my house on the Monday or Tuesday before we leave that Friday so it arrives while we are still at Disney World then I'll toss it in the back of the van rental we will have and I will have it for the beach days.
We ordered a transport chair from Amazon and had it delivered to SSR the day before we arrived. It was waiting for us at bell services. No problem at all. I’m sure Amazon delivers to the resorts every day and the resorts are used to figuring out how to handle the deliveries for guests.

Where are you seeing the requirement that the words "Guest" and "Pop Century resort" have to be on the sides of the package? As long as the mailing label on the front of the package clearly states [your name], Guest arriving [date] and it's sent to the correct mailing address, that is sufficient.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Patcheslee

- It's reliable. Once I lost a pack of water bottles due to my mistake (Poly was refurbed), and they went above and beyond to locate it. They were able to find them maybe because it was still in the same resort.
- I don't know about the size limitation
We had a back and forth in 2019 during refurbs there lol. Package had been delivered to resort day before check-in. Went to desk and they said go to bell services. Bell services said it was out being delivered to room. Went to room and get a call 20 minutes later my package was at the front desk. It was just a 10lb box of miscellaneous items I didn't want to clutter the luggage.

Upvote 0

Gojira ゴジラ

We had a back and forth in 2019 during refurbs there lol. Package had been delivered to resort day before check-in. Went to desk and they said go to bell services. Bell services said it was out being delivered to room. Went to room and get a call 20 minutes later my package was at the front desk. It was just a 10lb box of miscellaneous items I didn't want to clutter the luggage.
lol it was pretty chaotic :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom