News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Cmdr_Crimson

Not now they wouldn’t…
But, but it's Tim Burton..Disney's salvation to anything Goth..
d9f192bb-f7bd-4826-8135-6546eac5106b_text.gif

doctornick

I think the tunnel itself is fine. You’ll be in it a matter of moments, it’s consistent with the look of the area, there aren’t a bunch of conduits on the wall like in the Adventureland tunnel, and assuming the cutouts are windows, you might see a lightcycle woosh by. It makes for a good transition as it opens up to Storybook Circus.

I don't think you'd be able to see the lightcycles passing by from ground level of the train through those windows, would you? I don't really get what the train riders are supposed to be seeing through them though obviously work is not done yet.

James Alucobond

I don't think you'd be able to see the lightcycles passing by from ground level of the train through those windows, would you? I don't really get what the train riders are supposed to be seeing through them though obviously work is not done yet.
The cutouts to me look to be facing the under-the-entrance launch point for the cycles where they exit the show building.

Animaniac93-98

On its own it is sort of super random and not especially awe inspiring - it feels like someone looked and said "We have all these dinosaurs, can we squeeze them into Disneyland somewhere?", which is basically what it is.

The integration in Tokyo works better, thanks to the addition of BTMRR after park opening.

You pass by the rockwork and cliffs with the dino bones sticking out and then enter a cave where you see them come to life.

In DLR, there's no real transition between Grand Canyon and Primeval World besides a fade to black.

Disney Analyst

Well it's not like they had a bunch of extra dinosaur AAs lying around...

...oh wait.

They recently spoke about they wanted to reuse them for Cosmic Rewind and it didn't work out... and I'm just like... UGH.

So yes I agree, they should have moved them over and improved the Railroad... as Disneyland's is far more interesting.

Casper Gutman

I love the Disneyland Railroad. The history of DL and its broader cultural significance is a huge part of the attraction of the Disney parks. Things like the DLRR and Mr. Lincoln are great links to that past. Of course, the whole park shouldn't be a museum, but it also shouldn't forget its history - that's how you get EPCOT, and no sane person wants EPCOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom