Great Moments at the Movies: A Collaborative TL

Cooltosh2345

Original Poster
1986: Imagineers start work on two more pavilions for Future World:

Wonders of Life - the health pavilion (soon to be sponsored by MetLife)

Great Moments at the Movies - the movie making pavilion (sponsored by AMC theaters)

moviepavilion1.jpg

(Concept art for the pavilion)

This pavilion would house a ride through some of the greatest movies of all time.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
1986: Imagineers start work on two more pavilions for Future World:

Wonders of Life - the health pavilion (no sponsor yet)

Great Moments at the Movies - the movie making pavilion (no sponsor yet)

View attachment 639176
(Concept art for the pavilion)

This pavilion would house a ride through some of the greatest movies of all time.
Great Moments at the Movies will be sponsor by AMC Theatres. I'll join for this.

MickeyMouse10

I don't think that a movie pavilion could have worked in Epcot. Because it just doesn't fit the overall theme of the park, the way the other pavilions do. It felt like it had to grow into a bigger plan and become it's very own theme park (MGM Studios).

It felt like Disney was just ripping off ideas from their competition and plopping it in Epcot. Providing something similar in hopes vacationers wouldn't venture over to their competition. You can see it with the Seas (which is similar to Seaworld), a possible Movie pavilion (which is similar to Universal) and lastly their Space pavilion (which is similar to Kennedy Space Center).

MickeyMouse10

disney-world-florida-30.jpg

🫀 NEW Wonders of Life Pavilion

inside-out-personality-islands-feature-1600x900-c-default.jpg

Inside Out: Cranium Command
----- (omnimover, similar to journey into imagination)
----- (Much like the original Cranium you venture into the mind of a child. This time you are in Riley's Mind and see what she is thinking. From Hockey, to Pizza and even boy craziness. It could be a decent ride and a solid homage to the original attraction.)

tumblr_paohpyFQ3u1wzypxlo1_500.gifv

Goofy about Health
----- (dark ride, similar to winnie the pooh)
----- (A narrator talks to us about health and we see Goofy at the gym. Of course he's doing all his exercises wrong and with disastrous effects. In two of the scenes he can't pick up the weight or is wrapped up in the cords.)

Wn3KFgJh_400x400.jpg

Body Wars
----- (flight simulator, similar to flight of passage)
----- (Bill Nye and Wayne Szalinski shrink the riders down, so we can enter the human body. Along the way they talk about what certain body parts do. Thus keeping with the edutainment theming that Epcot the park originally had. I personally would want it to be more like Flight than Body Wars. Because it really made me sick when I was kid.)

Last edited:

itsy bitsy spider

I'd love it if they somehow just brought back Horizons and World of Motion. It's bound to be better than what they plan to do. Maybe Epcot can then keep some semblance of it's past intact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom