News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

JoeCamel

Oh, gotcha. Not exactly unique since you already go through an essentially featureless tunnel in Adventureland. At least this one seems to have plans for some views given the window cutouts.
Those are for the screeennnnnzzzzzz!
Seriously I wonder if they will connect a venting system with louvers over the openings

Disone

Oh, gotcha. Not exactly unique since you already go through an essentially featureless tunnel in Adventureland. At least this one seems to have plans for some views given the window cutouts.
Window cutouts? I didn't see that. The ones I saw or the existing ones as the train passes between space mountain and the starcade.

Disone

Unfortunately the tunnel looks like it's just about the right size for a train. Not sure there'd be much room for projection mapping once a train is in the tunnel.

Cmdr_Crimson

All of the plain, industrial tunnels along the Walt Disney World Railroad should have been replaced with themed tunnels during this extended closure, instead they’re adding another one.
Yeah, the expressway overpass by NFL whisks me away to the fantasy that I-4 drivers are polite and courteuous...A cavern with a side waterfall feature with woodland creatures could have worked..

Animaniac93-98

The Primeval World gives fanboys wet dreams but to me it wouldn’t feel out of place in the dinosaur wing of a natural history museum that hasn’t been refurbished since the 1960s.

First time I saw it, I was like, “oh.”

EPCOT topped the original in every way, but then they didn't keep it in good shape the last decade or so and now it's gone. ☹️

yensidtlaw1969

The Primeval World gives fanboys wet dreams but to me it wouldn’t feel out of place in the dinosaur wing of a natural history museum that hasn’t been refurbished since the 1960s.

First time I saw it, I was like, “oh.”
As someone who enjoys The Primeval World for what it is, I feel like a lot of praise for it is shaped by both the knowledge of the history with the World's Fair and the lack of basically anything to see along the WDW Railroad.

On its own it is sort of super random and not especially awe inspiring - it feels like someone looked and said "We have all these dinosaurs, can we squeeze them into Disneyland somewhere?", which is basically what it is.

Given the choice between having a Primeval World along the WDWRR and having nothing at all I would choose the Primeval World, but I can admit that it's a random thing that feels sort of like the relic it is. Which is kind of a gift for those of us who enjoy relics and see Disneyland increasingly losing them, but outside of that I can understand it being a bit of random and underwhelming moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom