buying a home at golden oaks

Deathmournex

Original Poster
OK. Here is what i would like to have clarified...

Question 1,
With no media, if i let a friend stay at my house in GO, would they let me, given they abide by the same HOA rules and don't act like neighbors from hell? Or am i limited to only main household or family?

Question 2, a little harder to answer, hypothetical questions, bare with me...
lets say for example I'm Micheal Amini and I want to treat one of my friends who lives the next block up in Crystal Cove, lets say... Heather and Teddy Dubrow and their family and let them stay at my new house, lets say in Carolwood, not charge, rent, or anything like that.

However, we're talking about HD and of course you all know, Bravo network would want to shoot their cameras there, since heather is in Real Housewives of Orange county. Exactly how would GO's HOA handle it and if i were the producer of the show, exactly what is their policy, what is their rules and who would i talk to to make something like that possible? if at all possible?

Question 3,
Same as 2, but a former president, president or member of congress who has heat around them 24/7 (secret service)

Now if Disney wants to cater to higher income people, answers to these issues need to be easier for someone like me to find and i'm finding GO has a lot of disinfo concerning said details.

Sincerely Producer Jack

or be a massive stockholder to pay it?

Beacon Joe

How restrictive is the HOA? And would they object to me building a kitchen garden in the back yard? If I called it a potager and built it in classical French country style, could I possibly get away with it?

If not, that's a deal breaker for me.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
How restrictive is the HOA? And would they object to me building a kitchen garden in the back yard? If I called it a potager and built it in classical French country style, could I possibly get away with it?

If not, that's a deal breaker for me.
Doesn't matter as there is only 1 house for sale, and it's $9,500,000. All of the plots are filled, so no more homes for sale.

Beacon Joe

Doesn't matter as there is only 1 house for sale, and it's $9,500,000. All of the plots are filled, so no more homes for sale.

There's a second one listed on Zillow for almost 7M more. It looks nice though the current owner's style leaves much to be desired and unlike the 9.5M property, it has no apparent space for my kit... errr my potager.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
There's a second one listed on Zillow for almost 7M more. It looks nice though the current owner's style leaves much to be desired and unlike the 9.5M property, it has no apparent space for my kit... errr my potager.
Well, if you can afford $16+ million, then buy a few acres and build your own. I'm sure you could get close to Disney.

Producer Jack

In the Parks
Yes
Interesting. Especially since that wall color isn't a part of that particular home for sale.

I should know... I've been in that house when they were my neighbors.

The picture you provided has an AC unit right outside a window, which NONE of the GO homes have. All condensers are hidden.

There's also no chair-rail and decorative trim on the walls/floorboards... Something that home has in EVERY room.
. Check out the Matterport for the house's listing... That pic was snapped in the rear reading room by the pool next to the living room.

You stand corrected

Last edited by a moderator:

Producer Jack

In the Parks
Yes
I have a friend who is about to list a house there. Saw it today and it’s so nice!!
I feel there is a lot of favoratism on this board, sadly my response was censored that said look at the matterport and when I called that dude on it, privately, I got warned for inappropriate behavior, but whatever, i won't hold a grudge, too busy to. I am currently looking at a house in the Bentley Park Hoa but also want to get a good look at 10151 Enchanted Oaks Drive when I have a chance, that house looks amazing.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Not sure if it's been asked before but; If you live in Golden Oak - do you pay taxes to Orange County? Wasn't sure if Reedy Creek had any impact on your taxes or not.

Disstevefan1

Oh look, only one home available.
It's a little too much home for me. ;)
1673536677446.png

lazyboy97o

Not sure if it's been asked before but; If you live in Golden Oak - do you pay taxes to Orange County? Wasn't sure if Reedy Creek had any impact on your taxes or not.
All properties inside the Reedy Creek Improvement District pay county property taxes as assessed by the county. Golden Oak is not within the Reedy Creek Improvement District.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom