No big upcoming attractions after TRON?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
So we're getting the Moana water thing, a new "communicore" building, but no other plans announced so far?

Just making sure I didn't miss anything.

I expect DAK will get the next attraction?

ppete1975

Epcot
i think mary poppins will be announced at d23. Now will that just be an overlay of the street... or a ride.. not sure. (it will be cheap if its done)

As far as space mountain.. looking at guardians it looks like what space mountain would have been today. (just from ride povs)

MK
i think we will get more news on princess and the frog

AK
something new probably in dinoland.

HS

Star wars something

I also get a sinking feeling indy's time is drawing to an end.

that would be my guess

celluloid

It is wild to think that Disney's biggest thing to brag on MAY be Princess And The Frog retheme within the same year Epic Universe opens.

At least when IOA opened, Disney was not scared to rush much, but Animal Kingdom had just opened a year prior.

JIMINYCR

I think they will be moving towards other projects and not just call a halt to the next hyped thing to draw people in. They will evaluate the budget risks, how attendance builds or falls in both the parks and resorts to tell how post covid trips rebound. AK Dinoland has been waiting to see something start so my bet is this will be the next area to watch. How extravagant the build will be.... I'd think not too big.

doctornick

Nothing is announced for anything new, though as mentioned we probably wouldn't hear anything until D23 later this year anyway. I think they will likely announce something new for WDW at some point and start working on it so they'll have something new to hype when EU is completed.

Signs seem to suggest that DAK would be the location for whatever comes next after the current builds.

celluloid

Nothing is announced for anything new, though as mentioned we probably wouldn't hear anything until D23 later this year anyway. I think they will likely announce something new for WDW at some point and start working on it so they'll have something new to hype when EU is completed.

Signs seem to suggest that DAK would be the location for whatever comes next after the current builds.

My point was within a year of Epic Universe opening new If a major attraction is announced by D23, one can't expect Disney's current pace to have anything of that hype open by 2025. It would take a serious shift.

celluloid

Hoping for...

MK - Space Mountain 2 year reimagining refurb.
EPCOT - Imagination...That's it
DHS - Reimagined Animation court yard and removal of SW Launch Bay.
AK - Whatever is intended for Dinoland's Primevil Whirl footprint..Still. hoping an Excavator Coaster similar to 7DMT.
Any of those would be so amazing.

I love that all of yours are in house Intellectual Property based and not outside film or media based.

Which is sadly why I doubt that any of those are as likely.

The best bet for that will probably just be the SSE plans greenlit again as a lot of the pre work was already done.

doctornick

My point was within a year of Epic Universe opening new If a major attraction is announced by D23, one can't expect Disney's current pace to have anything of that hype open by 2025. It would take a serious shift.

If they start this year, they could have something build by 2025 even at Disney's slow paces. They generally were doing ~3 year build times when there wasn't a pandemic involved.

I think anything announced at D23 this year could be expected to be counter programming to EU

celluloid

If they start this year, they could have something build by 2025 even at Disney's slow paces. They generally were doing ~3 year build times when there wasn't a pandemic involved.
That is somewhat true but I don't know if generally the case. I guess I am thinking ground up new attractions and not redos.
What others are there besides Rat that were ground up and took three years? I can't think of any others off the top of my head that took a three year time from ANNOUNCEMENT to finish?

Guardians was announced in July 2017. So even without the pandemic it would have been more with a 2021 opening. That was more 4 with a building fairly emptied for the queue and preshow areas.

Mickey and Minnie's was announced in 2017 but was put inside a building already completed and still took that three years.

They could build things that fast, but there are no real examples that I can think of that were built that quickly other than Rattatouie.

Seven Dwarfs mine train is the lowest I know of and that was 3 and a half years.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom