News Reimagined Toontown coming

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I never said it wouldn't be finished for years. Maybe a few weeks, or a month at most.

Considering that the project involves the addition of a huge tree, plus some repaving, it may not be a complete rebuild, but neither is it merely cosmetic. It probably lies in the middle somewhere.

Admittedly, as I said, I don't know how far along construction will be by fall. I'm just speculating.
Actually believe it or not most of that is actually all cosmetic. For example a "huge tree" is not some impossible feat of construction, its really more cosmetic than you realize. That is not to discount the work its going to take to build it, but its also not a very difficult process. Its piping, concrete, fiberglass, and some detail work again most of which is all cosmetic.

And again even if it rains and delays by a month at most, that isn't going to be a huge delay in the project timeline.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just listening to the latest interview with Ken. With the new ToonTown he emphasized that M&MRR will have additions not found at DHS. As well with the new grassy picnic areas, they will be selling some sort of picnic option for families to share as a new Food and Bev offering.

We've known there would be additions and Ken just recently confirmed that.

We still don't know what counts as an addition. The queue and the pre-show could be counted as 'additions not found at DHS.'

Although, we do know that the shape of the DL building will require some changes to show scenes.

Disney Analyst

We've known there would be additions and Ken just recently confirmed that.

We still don't know what counts as an addition. The queue and the pre-show could be counted as 'additions not found at DHS.'

Although, we do know that the shape of the DL building will require some changes to show scenes.

I refuse to think they'd hint this hard at additions not found at DHS just for the queue that we already know will be different.

If you listen to him on the podcast, it seems bigger then that?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I refuse to think they'd hint this hard at additions not found at DHS just for the queue that we already know will be different.

If you listen to him on the podcast, it seems bigger then that?
I'd welcome being pleasantly surprised if there were two new show scenes.

But I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment.

;)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If God wanted cars to dance, he would have given them roller skates.
roller-skate-car-is-fascinating-one-off-has-a-v8-instead-of-toes-181313-7.jpg

mharrington

Actually believe it or not most of that is actually all cosmetic. For example a "huge tree" is not some impossible feat of construction, its really more cosmetic than you realize. That is not to discount the work its going to take to build it, but its also not a very difficult process. Its piping, concrete, fiberglass, and some detail work again most of which is all cosmetic.

And again even if it rains and delays by a month at most, that isn't going to be a huge delay in the project timeline.

While on the subject of cosmetic updates, I'm also curious about what's happening with the gas station. As of the latest construction pics, it's untouched, but the concept art claims it will be rethemed to a market (I'm guessing it's an eatery):

mickEblu

While on the subject of cosmetic updates, I'm also curious about what's happening with the gas station. As of the latest construction pics, it's untouched, but the concept art claims it will be rethemed to a market (I'm guessing it's an eatery):

I was hoping the gas station stuck around and I was a little bummed to see it being rethemed in the concept art. It had some character and for whatever reason was one of the spots in the land that left an impression on me when I was young. It’s location probably has a lot to do with it too

gerarar

Premium Member
Disney has already confirmed that the RR is staying. So unless they're changing some of the vehicles I suspect this is nothing more than paint/repair.
Oh most definitely! Just thought of posting that picture/update here after randomly coming across it on my feed lol

mharrington

Disney has already confirmed that the RR is staying. So unless they're changing some of the vehicles I suspect this is nothing more than paint/repair.

It would be weird to get rid of it since they had just partially revised the plot before shutting down. I personally would have waited until the overhaul to revise the plot and then have it when the land reopens, but whatever.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
It would be weird to get rid of it since they had just partially revised the plot before shutting down. I personally would have waited until the overhaul to revise the plot and then have it when the land reopens, but whatever.

Go to 1:09:31 where Tony Goldmark talks about Roger Rabbit sequel on Jim Hill's podcast about Roger Rabbit sequel takes place in Disneyland's construction in 1954 and 1955. Where I can find it? Also there was another Roger Rabbit sequel script from 1989 yet to be found as it was directed by Robert Zemeckis, producing by Steven Spielberg and written by J.J Abrams.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well its not unheard of that Disney does things to attractions before shutting them down.

For example its been said that Disney replaced all the carpet in the Universe of Energy building just a month or so before shutting it down to change it into Cosmic Rewind.

So I wouldn't surprise me if they did. However they have already announced its coming back, so its a moot point anyways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom