Condensing the Magic - Brainstorming Ideas for a disney park 30 acres or less

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Where would a 30-acre Disney park even go? And I agree that we need to get vertical to maximize potential in the small space.
35 acre ish. and im not sure. just a hypothetical so im not sure it matters much, perhaps in smaller areas or cities as a sort of mini disneyland? and yeah some verticality but its not absolutely necesary. legoland billund is 30 acres and it crams in a whole bunch of rides without much verticality

MickeyMouse10

It would be pretty cool to see a Disney castle at the gate like the hotel in Disneyland Paris. You could even make this version a hotel too. This way normal people can finally stay in the castle during their vacation.

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
35 acre ish. and im not sure. just a hypothetical so im not sure it matters much, perhaps in smaller areas or cities as a sort of mini disneyland? and yeah some verticality but its not absolutely necesary. legoland billund is 30 acres and it crams in a whole bunch of rides without much verticality
I do my research when it comes to the area of attractions, so i know what im talking about.

MickeyMouse10

Your forgetting the big one. Super nintendo world.
It has 2 attractions, a handful of interactive experiences, a table service restaurant and 2 snack stands, 2 shops, and another ride on the way. must be a massive land right?
View attachment 636794
Nope.
Compare this to galaxys edge, a land drastically larger than this, but with about the same amount of offerings.
View attachment 636795

Super-Nintendo-World-awaits-guests-main.jpg

Super Nintendo World is another example of having things on different levels. The reason they can fit so much is because things were built vertically. Yoshi's ride is like a nintendo version of a peoplemover.

Last edited:

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Super-Nintendo-World-awaits-guests-main.jpg

Super Nintendo World is another example of having things on different levels. The reason they can fit so much is because things were built vertically. Yoshi's ride is like a nintendo version of a peoplemover.
Yeah. But then again i also gave my example. The park doesn’t necessarily need to fully take advantage of multiple stories. I can imagine for queues and the fantasyland sure but legoland billund has 50 attractions and is 35 acres

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Also, what if we did stuff by doing some compact rides too? Theres this thing called the immersive tunnel that looks cool and i could see disney doing a version of. Basically its a vehicle that goes into a projection showroom and moves around in a tight space. or we could utilize switch tracks or something of that manner, possibly even using trackless rides for a more compact space rather than bigger. with the switch tracks it could be something like you are put into a loop around a show building and the exit to the station is switched, so you could have stuff like rethemed show scenes or such. though i think the big rides in fantasyland will be peter pan, pooh, small world, and *possibly* snow white. these could be takes with a trackless design. Im not sure if lps systems can be used in tighter spaces, but if they can, i think it could still make for a more creative ride space or experience. If they arent we can just go with the many adventures pooh. Nothing against many if anything i kind of prefer it over hunny hunt in several ways.

Miru

It would be pretty cool to see a Disney castle at the gate like the hotel in Disneyland Paris. You could even make this version a hotel too. This way normal people can finally stay in the castle during their vacation.
Indeed. But now… which castle to use? Elsa’s ice palace? The Arendelle castle? Agrabah? Rapunzel’s castle? I think the Agrabah castle would work well for a hotel given its shape. The bulbous towers could be good to have rooms inside them.

Miru

@Miru any thoughts on my ideas
More compact rides seem like nice additions as well, to keep the park compact. I think that yes, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, and Fantasyland would be a good selection of lands. A few rides that lend themselves well to being compact are Space Mountain and Alice.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Indeed. But now… which castle to use? Elsa’s ice palace? The Arendelle castle? Agrabah? Rapunzel’s castle? I think the Agrabah castle would work well for a hotel given its shape. The bulbous towers could be good to have rooms inside them.

I think it all depends on the area and what you'd want as an attraction in Fantasyland. Elsa's ice castle does sound pretty badass though, that would definitely be high on the list.

MickeyMouse10

I think it would definitely have to be between Elsa or Snow White. Especially if the park is guaranteed to have a carousel. I do think if you have to take into account what Princess fits with it. And both Elsa and Snow White have things working in their favor.

With Elsa, it would be pretty cool to see a carousel made of ice. Put on top of that it has some of the best and most iconic music of all the Disney movies.

With Snow White, it has history on it's side, being that it was the first Disney feature. So it would be another way to honor Walt Disney. Plus the vehicles could be made up of rideable forest friends.

So either way you can't really lose, because both are valid options.

MickeyMouse10

I thought of something....

What if the hotel/resort was in a square shape and surrounded the whole park. Each side of the square could have a different themed section. For instance the front could be Fantasyland and themed to different princesses. While the other sides could be Adventureland, Tomorrowland and possibly Frontierland in the back.

They could all be connected via a train system as well that goes around the whole perimeter.

MickeyMouse10

Where would it go?

I'm thinking a central U.S. area would be best. Somewhere where it's not too cold, not too hot and doesn't have tornadoes.

header.jpg

I've thought of a perfect place for it, Missouri, birthplace of Walt Disney. St Louis was supposed to be the original location for his second Disney park. But for some reason plans fell through for it.

Also it could be built West of the Mississippi River and get around the Marvel details, that limit using the characters East of it.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Denver is offering a spot for Disney.

Really? I hadn't heard of that one before.

They don't exactly have ideal conditions in the state of Colorado though. The airs different, it snows... a lot and there's other options for visitors besides Disney. Which Disney I'm sure wants to shy away from. Plus it would definitely have to all be indoors, which costs extra to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom