Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

brb1006

Apparently the "interactive" element of the Fab 50 statues will be that the characters will talk to you after you scan your band. Curious to see if they're going with Dave Goelz for Figment, reusing lines from the original attraction, or if they're just going with a new voice actor altogether.

Curious to see how this would work with Bambi.

Cmdr_Crimson

Apparently the "interactive" element of the Fab 50 statues will be that the characters will talk to you after you scan your band. Curious to see if they're going with Dave Goelz for Figment, reusing lines from the original attraction, or if they're just going with a new voice actor altogether.

Knowing how much they don't care ..They could reuse clips and fuzed dialogue from the educational films to make "new dialogue"

WorldExplorer

I'll place my bet on splitting the difference; reuse lines from the current attraction. There's enough lines they could make work out of context.

"Imagination is a blast!"

"Let the good times roll!"

"One little spark...of inspiration..."

Cmdr_Crimson

I see no reason why they COULDN'T get Dave Goelz (or Corey Burton, for that matter) to record some new lines. They've got him on the payroll as Gonzo.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they just took the lazy route and used recycled dialogue from the ride.
It's not like they did it during 2nd incarnation of the ride..

kalel8145

Very cool. I can't wait to try this out with all the statues I find. I wonder what interactions will be there after the 50th is over. Does anyone know if the statues are staying after the 50th?

Inspired Figment

I’d personally love to hear Billy Barty but if they’re gonna get anyone else. I say, get Corey Burton in if he can still do that great Billy Barty impression he did for the pick-up lines for Figment’s cameos in JIYI.

Love Dave Goelz, don’t get me wrong.. but not a fan of his performance as Figment in the 02-current attraction. Granted, perhaps better direction would help.. but I’m not sure.. suppose only time will tell. We’ll see what happens. 💜

Disney will never update this ride as long as Bob Chapek is around. I guarantee you the ride system and everything will eventually end up out of service. This is the worst Disney attraction in my opinion. It’s outdated and it must be replaced. #FixEPCOT

Cmdr_Crimson

Rewatching this 99 version and It appears Figment also did appear within the preshow video that doesn't show anymore in the queue area where he teases the logo..Shame they couldn't have kept it..But, then again some of the rooms don't exist Nigel talks about...

Homemade Imagineering

At this point I can’t see Figment himself being evicted from his attraction no matter what happens. Even with that said however, who knows what synergistic antics current management has up their sleeves.

Rodj

Looked through a bunch of the new Epcot concept art this past week and couldn't help but notice that every single piece is facing in a direction that keeps the Imagination pavilion out of sight. Wonder if it was intentional? Are they hiding something?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom