News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

SplashJacket

First time getting to Epcot since Rat has opened.

It is exactly what this park needed. I’ve ridden it in Paris over a dozen times (I’m currently wearing a Paris Rat shirt I got in 2019).

The area is beautiful. The Skyliner flying over the area adds so much.

When we first boarded, in the first scene, I legitimately cried a little. I’ve never done this on a ride, but the combination of Rat’s music with traveling again (first ride of the trip), and the joy that Epcot got some love, was just emotional to me.

All the effects worked perfectly. I loved Rat in my 2016 Paris trip, but in 2019 I felt disappointed. The ride’s motion effects (tilt effects and tapping) were broken, but in Orlando today everything was working, and I fell in love again.

It’s a fantastic ride. Amazing details. The smells are so potent and delicious in the kitchen (reminds me of the original Soarin).

The Ratatouille I rode today is a definite E-Ticket. There’s no question about it in my mind. The Rat I rode in 2019 was nowhere near. I cannot understate how perfect this addition is for Epcot. If you’re not a fan of IPs in Epcot you literally never have to step into the courtyard. It’s perfect. It’s a pure addition and massive capacity boost. The park needed family additions and it got a great one.

The small details are amazing. A huge screw sticking through the wall. The Skinner chase scene is more convincing than MMRR’s waterfall scene. As the screen starts to move forward, the vehicle, instead of just parking, continues to move forward (albeit at a slow pace) for the first couple seconds of the simulation, which greatly sells the motion. From the back row you can’t see the floor, you only see the screen.

I love having the French-English hybrid ride. Adds so much to the ride.

I was concerned that with Rise and MMRR, Rat wouldn’t be able to stack up, but I definitely think it does.

I love this ride.

Last edited:

dreday3

It is exactly what this park needed. I’ve ridden it in Paris over a dozen times (I’m currently wearing a Paris Rat shirt I got in 2019).

When we first boarded, in the first scene, I legitimately cried a little. I’ve never done this on a ride, but the combination of Rat’s music with traveling again (first ride of the trip), and the joy that Epcot got some love, was just emotional to me.

All the effects worked perfectly. I loved Rat in my 2016 Paris trip, but in 2019 I felt disappointed. The ride’s motion effects (tilt effects and tapping) were broken, but in Orlando today everything was working, and I fell in love again.

It’s a fantastic ride. Amazing details. The smells are so potent and delicious in the kitchen (reminds me of the original Soarin.

The Ratatouille I rode today is a definite E-Ticket. There’s no question about it in my mind. The Rat I rode in 2019 was nowhere near. I cannot understate how perfect this addition is for Epcot. If you’re not a fan of IPs in Epcot you literally never have to step into the courtyard. It’s perfect. It’s a pure addition and massive capacity boost. The park needed family additions and it got a great one.

The small details are amazing. A huge screw sticking through the wall. The Skinner chase scene is more convincing than MMRR’s waterfall scene. As the screen starts to move forward, the vehicle, instead of just parking, continues to move forward (albeit at a slow pace) for the first couple seconds of the simulation, which greatly sells the motion. From the back row you can’t see the floor, you only see the screen.

I was concerned that with Rise and MMRR, Rat wouldn’t be able to stack up, but I definitely think it does.

I love this ride.

Coming off the ride for the third time today, the gentleman in front of us remarked “I love all the new generation Disney Rides”

RAT and MMRR are spectacular additions. They both bring me straight back to my early 80's visits nostalgia even though they are new.

Very well done. We smile/laugh the entire ride for both. :)

SplashJacket

FB1496F7-0BAC-4697-8972-D939008A231F.jpeg

Does anyone know if the far wall projections in the Rat loading area are unique to Orlando?

I thought they were lovely, but I didn’t remember them from Paris. I thought it was just blue lighting (like the other loading wall).

DisneyfanMA

It’s a fantastic ride. Amazing details. The smells are so potent and delicious in the kitchen (reminds me of the original Soarin.

I love this ride.
Thanks for this detailed write up. I just found out the other day that Rat has tilting cars and also has smells and possibly heat (under the oven?) so its 4D right? I am excited for this ride and think it will be a highlight for my 3 children. Definitely an E-ticket ride. It's Disney!

SplashJacket

Thanks for this detailed write up. I just found out the other day that Rat has tilting cars and also has smells and possibly heat (under the oven?) so its 4D right? I am excited for this ride and think it will be a highlight for my 3 children. Definitely an E-ticket ride. It's Disney!
Tilting and slight motion cars (tapping sensation to mimic the running of a rat), heat under the oven, water from the broom, and smells in certain scenes.

gerarar

Premium Member
Had the opportunity to ride the original Ratatouille in Walt Disney Studios during my trip to France.

It's pretty much the exact same thing as the Epcot clone, as far as I can tell/remember. It was in both French/English, like most attractions in DLP/WDS.

Some of the effects were kinda tame compared to the Epcot version. Like the tilting of the RV's was nonexistent on 3/4 RVs I rode in and the rumbles were "softer". I did a total of 4 rides in a short span, thanks to the single rider line (<5 mins waits!).

The unload was the biggest difference, as this grants you a view of the attached sit-down restaurant. Epcot really should have gotten the same thing, tbh.
20220714_150345.jpg

I will note the RV's in WDS's version are in very rough shape. Scuff marks and paint missing, aka the usual. Plus as noted above, the tilting in some RV's are broken. Heat and water spray was working in their respective scenes.
20220714_145753.jpg

The courtyard at WDS where the ride sits in is beautiful, but I think I prefer Epcot's setup behind the France pavilion more, where it's treated as more as an alleyway leading to the ride. However, bonus points must be given to WDS as they have actual detailed facades everywhere as opposed to Epcot's painted flat facades behind the attraction and minimal actual facades. The stroller parking right at the entrance/queue kinda ruins the vibe, while Epcot has theirs hidden away near the Creperie.
20220714_150551.jpg

Overall, am glad I got to experience this version. It had many pluses and really no negatives. The negatives I did note are just ride defects that can be easily fixed when given time/maintenence. Also, am happy that I got multiple rerides with little to no wait, but in Orlando I only got one ride (at the time) because of the VQ system in place.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
It's been flying under the radar recently, but modifications are apparently being made to the RV's at Remy's Ratatouille Adventure at Epcot. Ride opened a little over a year ago.

The seat dividers are being removed from the bench-style seats, presumably to allow more room for guests.

Picture here of removal:

This is what it looked like before, where two dividers seats 3 people per row:
remy-ratatouille-adventure-preview-ride-vehicle-ratmobile.jpg

Incomudro

It's been flying under the radar recently, but modifications are apparently being made to the RV's at Remy's Ratatouille Adventure at Epcot. Ride opened a little over a year ago.

The seat dividers are being removed from the bench-style seats, presumably to allow more room for guests.

Picture here of removal:

This is what it looked like before, where two dividers seats 3 people per row:
View attachment 682494

That's because the lower halves of so many Americans are too large to fit into one third of that seat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom