Rumor Hollywood insiders say there's growing tension at Disney as CEO Bob Chapek chafes at Bob Iger's 'long goodbye'

pdude81

It is sad that TWDC powers that be do not remove the catalyst (B.C.) to begin to stabilize the turbulence. Stop the irritation.
I don't think this is the time to make a change even if one is coming. They have some storms to weather first, or else they would appear as if in crisis. Also they need a capable successor for any announcement to be viewed positively.

GimpYancIent

I don't think this is the time to make a change even if one is coming. They have some storms to weather first, or else they would appear as if in crisis. Also they need a capable successor for any announcement to be viewed positively.
Agree! An extensive, comprehensive search needs to be mounted / initiated now for that elusive "capable successor". It will be tough but a broad search may be the answer, like outside of the TWDC ranks.

Anteater

Agree! An extensive, comprehensive search needs to be mounted / initiated now for that elusive "capable successor". It will be tough but a broad search may be the answer, like outside of the TWDC ranks.
YAY! Elon is coming! 🤣
No changes until the stock hits the magical 2 digit dollar amount. Only $14 to go...

ctrlaltdel

Doesn't Chapek's contract end early next year? While I think odds would favor him getting a renewal, the only way I can see him getting fired this "early" into his tenure is if Iger is back on board with coming back to be a transitional (3-5 year) CEO. That would give the board comfort the company is back in capable hands and Iger would hopefully work to foster a much better prepared successor.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Doesn't Chapek's contract end early next year? While I think odds would favor him getting a renewal, the only way I can see him getting fired this "early" into his tenure is if Iger is back on board with coming back to be a transitional (3-5 year) CEO. That would give the board comfort the company is back in capable hands and Iger would hopefully work to foster a much better prepared successor.

Iger is done... unless enough dollar bills are waived at him. But I wouldn't bet on that last sentence. He didn't do it the first time around, I have no faith he'd do it on his Ego-Appeasement Tour 2023-25.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom