News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Bbeagle

EU is an entirely new park. Tron is a single cloned attraction. I don't think Universal even gave an initial date when the park was announced, so we don't really know how long it was delayed.

This article includes the link to the original 2023 announcement.

Club Cooloholic

Really great point about not holding back opening the ride to make revenue off lightening lanes, something I hadn't even thought off. Let's hope.thats the thinking of the powers that be.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Epic Universe is already 2 years late. It was announced for 2023, that was pushed back to 2025. Why is Universal allowed to do this, but Disney not?
Well first of all, I am joking/exaggerating. Second of all no matter how big of WDW fan a person is, regardless of pre or post pandemic, you have to concede that as of late Universal gets things built/done in very timely manner. Disney? Ehhh....not so much. :)

castlecake2.0

Just popping in to say “the 50th”
Is one of the most disappointing things they’ve ever done. I get it, pandemic probably messed up a lot, but jeezus even the banners are lame!

Onto TRON, I apologize I haven’t kept up with this thread, but what’s the deal with the pesky Light & Power Co building blocking the main route to the attraction. That’s going to be a disaster for guest flow.

bardicverse

Disney wouldn't be going full blast on this progress if they weren't trying to get it open before end of summer. There seems to be a LOT of buzz surrounding August from different angles at Disney. Instead of a phased draw for a consistent crowd flow, they seem to want to do a one massive display of "we are back!".

I think it's going to be August, between Tron, Moana water feature, RoundUp BBQ, the MK train, new Nemo Show in AK and possibly even the return of the DDP for August. They know its the last peak time for travel before the 51st anniversary hits, and want to give the 50th a good sendoff. Yes, the 50th celebration will continue for 6 months past the 51st anniversary, but spiritually , everyone knows the true 50th ends Sept 30th.

Expect a LOT in August 2022!

James Alucobond

I think it's going to be August, between Tron, Moana water feature, RoundUp BBQ, the MK train, new Nemo Show in AK and possibly even the return of the DDP for August. They know its the last peak time for travel before the 51st anniversary hits, and want to give the 50th a good sendoff. Yes, the 50th celebration will continue for 6 months past the 51st anniversary, but spiritually , everyone knows the true 50th ends Sept 30th.
I won't be satisfied until this list includes normal parkhopping.

Giss Neric

I'm pretty sure they are aware how lackluster the 50th Celebration has been. Opening Cosmic Rewind, Tron, WDW Railroad and Moana Journey of Water within this year would be a great redeeming factor. With how things are going, Tron, WDW Railroad and Moana could open by EPCOT's 40th in October.

bardicverse

I'm pretty sure they are aware how lackluster the 50th Celebration has been. Opening Cosmic Rewind, Tron, WDW Railroad and Moana Journey of Water within this year would be a great redeeming factor. With how things are going, Tron, WDW Railroad and Moana could open by EPCOT's 40th in October.
Tron currently is where Guardians was in early March. Up and running two months later. If we were to match progress and predict, that puts Tron at a July preview, and likely open by August. Moana seems to be moving fast now that there are no other projects ongoing at Epcot, I'd imagine a massive water feature would be planned for a peak summer opening also. =)

ToTBellHop

Tron currently is where Guardians was in early March. Up and running two months later. If we were to match progress and predict, that puts Tron at a July preview, and likely open by August. Moana seems to be moving fast now that there are no other projects ongoing at Epcot, I'd imagine a massive water feature would be planned for a peak summer opening also. =)
TRON isn’t that far along.

yonafunu

hm no. There is a lot of things to do outside Tron. For Moana, it's worse imho

G00fyDad

Yeah I wouldn't think so for August. Seems like an October 1 opening is very possible though at this point.
They can keep it closed all the way through October for all I care. Another headliner attraction (with Guardians) is just going to bring in more and more people during our trip. LOL

Texas84

Just popping in to say “the 50th”
Is one of the most disappointing things they’ve ever done. I get it, pandemic probably messed up a lot, but jeezus even the banners are lame!

Onto TRON, I apologize I haven’t kept up with this thread, but what’s the deal with the pesky Light & Power Co building blocking the main route to the attraction. That’s going to be a disaster for guest flow.
Maybe they turn the store into queue?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom