News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

MandaM

In my cases, they were more personal. Along the lines of "are you still going to pay me" and "is my desk moving 500 miles".

The first time the answers were Yes and No.
The second time the answers were Yes and No at first, and then became No and "there is no desk". My subsequent employer after was happy to solve those for me.

Space 220 is a traumatic topic. I forgot to check on a reservation right at 60 days. :cry: Now it just mocks me with"Sorry! There are no times available between 4:00 PM and 8:40 PM.".
Have you tried one of the paid ADR finders? I had to use one for the first time for a last minute trip, and it worked like a charm. I got countless hits for Space 220.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wasn’t really talking about anyone in particular. Fill in any bank on Wall Street. I think you are thinking of JP Morgan merging with Chase.
You know…you had to remind me that Morgan Stanley still existed 😂

Totally forgot. Morgan Stanley was started with seed money from Granddad JP Morgan…but that was long ago

mmascari

I think this is largely a political stunt and the most likely outcome is the special district remains since it’s actually a benefit to both Disney (the largest employer in the state) and the residents of FL or specifically Orange County. They may dissolve RCID and then replace it with another special district but the outcome will be largely the same, again just a stunt.
There's switching costs to a replacement.

If that switching cost ends up coming from Disney or RCID, they're going to want something for that cost in whatever negotiations they have any power in.

There's switching costs to the current plan too, largely to the county to absorb the district. Those costs and presumed desires to avoid them weaken the county's negotiation position.

It would be the definition of ironic if RCID is replaced by something that's more advantageous to Disney as a result of eliminating the current district and replacing it with something else instead.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In my cases, they were more personal. Along the lines of "are you still going to pay me" and "is my desk moving 500 miles".

The second time the answers were Yes and No at first, and then became No and "there is no desk". My subsequent employer after was happy to solve those for me.

Space 220 is a traumatic topic. I forgot to check on a reservation right at 60 days. :cry: Now it just mocks me with"Sorry! There are no times available between 4:00 PM and 8:40 PM.".
It’s the same at 60 days…there’s that “plus length of stay” backdooring clogging going on with travel agents. The place is “no times” at 5:57 am within a second of the days reservations going live.

I hear that many Dump it (makes sense…it’s a fortune) in the 7 days prior. Hope that helps

Disstevefan1

If that switching cost ends up coming from Disney or RCID, they're going to want something for that cost in whatever negotiations they have any power in.

There's switching costs to the current plan too, largely to the county to absorb the district. Those costs and presumed desires to avoid them weaken the county's negotiation position.

It would be the definition of ironic if RCID is replaced by something that's more advantageous to Disney as a result of eliminating the current district and replacing it with something else instead.
"RCID is replaced by something that's more advantageous to Disney as a result of eliminating the current district and replacing it with something else instead."

Disney wins again! :)

Vegas Disney Fan

Chick-Fil-A is not open on Sundays, that won't work in an airport

And if that were the reason given for denying them they would be 100% justified, but it’s not, councils and planning commissions are openly denying them simply because their views on same sex marriage “do not align” with the views of the city/county/state/planning commission.

They are being denied because they used their first amendement rights.

From the San Antonio decision: “With this decision, the City Council reaffirmed the work our city has done to become a champion of equality and inclusion," Treviño said. "San Antonio is a city full of compassion, and we do not have room in our public facilities for a business with a legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior."

100% based on politics and free speech.

Last edited:

correcaminos

I could only get it day 8 of our trip. Good gravy that's a PITA
Have you tried one of the paid ADR finders? I had to use one for the first time for a last minute trip, and it worked like a charm. I got countless hits for Space 220.
I tried for a 4 day trip in March. Got notifications but they were gone even the second I clicked. I only got 3 or 4 hits total for the following 2 months.

Ayla

Perfect example of gender. And yes, if anyone is indoctrinating us into these roles, it’s straight people.

We talked about this in another thread on this topic, but I had multiple toy kitchens and tea sets as a kid. To this day, the men in my family are not expected to contribute to large family holiday dinners, like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc. They not only don’t cook anything, but they don’t help clean up either. And yet, some of them have the nerve to ask when dinner will be ready.🙄

Sorry for veering off topic a bit.
Unfortunately for the men in my family, they aren't given the option of sitting and watching. :)

mmascari

It’s the same at 60 days…there’s that “plus length of stay” backdooring clogging going on with travel agents. The place is “no times” at 5:57 am within a second of the days reservations going live.

I hear that many Dump it (makes sense…it’s a fortune) in the 7 days prior. Hope that helps
Mostly, I just check when I remember and wish to be disappointed again.

Yeah, even the +6 wasn't any help. As things stand, the first night or last day of our trip would be best. Mostly looking at the lounge, not the full restaurant because of that fortune. I keep telling myself the lie that in the scale of the entire trip cost, these smaller mark ups (like Genie+) are just noise. But, they do add up. Of course, if I use that Visa plan........ 🤔

lazyboy97o

The big problem with considering any possible negotiations for a new District is that nobody with a potential role in said negotiations has outlined any sort of policy objectives. What exactly is the state looking for Disney to concede? The things they’ve thrown out aren’t actual issues. Taxes are paid. Permits are required. Florida open records laws are followed. Giving up the District’s ability to build a nuclear power plant isn’t really a win. The big focus is on Disney’s content and there’s no way the state can or would be given censorial control over Disney content.

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
It’s my understanding that special districts were (are?) intended for residents, not companies.

Not the case. In fact most special districts are not around residential things. For example Daytona 500 is a special district.

This is not a reason to dissolve RCID, only a suggestion that Orange County is capable of governing it.

Who in Orlando county is qualified to do a building inspection of spaceship earth?

lazyboy97o

Well, an argument could be made that WDW’s size is irrelevant.

It’s my understanding that special districts were (are?) intended for residents, not companies.

And Orlando County does not run WDW, it only governs it.

RCID’s budget is only $165M, a fraction of Orlando County’s $5 plus billion dollar budget.

This is not a reason to dissolve RCID, only a suggestion that Orange County is capable of governing it.
Orlando County? Orlando has nothing to do with Disney or the District. Orlando doesn’t get a say in anything.

The District is not just an issue for Orange County, portions are also within Osceola County.

It’s not just a question of ability. What do the counties actually gain by taking on the burden? Right now the District is somebody else’s problem. They get to collect the tax dollars without having to provide most of the relevant services.

Disstevefan1

And if that were the reason given for denying them they would be 100% justified, but it’s not, councils and planning commissions are openly denying them simply because their views on same sex marriage “do not align” with the views of the city/county/state/planning commission.

They are being denied because they used their first amendement rights.
I totally agree they were denied because of their views and if they were allowed, the outcry from social media would tremendous; causing protests in the airport etc.

The US is now run by a small subset of folks on social media. What they say, goes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom