Harambe Market reopened

Rob562

Original Poster
Not sure how recent, though I swear it was still listed as closed a couple weeks ago, but visiting AK today I noticed Harambe Market was back open again. Unfortunately they slashed the menu and removed some things that made it more unique like the spiced sausage.

Now the menu is ribs and chicken bowls and a Mediterranean salad.

-Rob

nickys

Premium Member
Not sure how recent, though I swear it was still listed as closed a couple weeks ago, but visiting AK today I noticed Harambe Market was back open again. Unfortunately they slashed the menu and removed some things that made it more unique like the spiced sausage.

Now the menu is ribs and chicken bowls and a Mediterranean salad.

-Rob
Yay for it re-opening, Boo for the reduced menu.

Beacon Joe

What sausage did they use to offer?

I feel like that for years, I'd walk through there and see the 2 or 3 different atmospheric signs advertising "Curry Sausages," but never saw a curry sausage on the menu and would be incredibly hungry for a curry sausage and also incredibly disappointed. Did they actually have curry sausages on the menu at some point, but I just missed out?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
What sausage did they use to offer?

I feel like that for years, I'd walk through there and see the 2 or 3 different atmospheric signs advertising "Curry Sausages," but never saw a curry sausage on the menu and would be incredibly hungry for a curry sausage and also incredibly disappointed. Did they actually have curry sausages on the menu at some point, but I just missed out?
Harambe-Market_Full_24235.jpg

More sausage details in this review from its opening in 2015

Beacon Joe

Harambe-Market_Full_24235.jpg

More sausage details in this review from its opening in 2015

Oh wow. I guess I missed out. And it was a curried batter. Sounds delicious.

And editing to add: And now I know that the individual stalls actually had/have different menus. LOL. Being Disney and all I always just assumed they sold the same things and the separate windows were just for atmosphere. Am I the only one dumb enough to have had that impression? 🤣

Po'Rich

I wish they would bring back the curry sausages. They were unique . . . . and something that I've only found at Harambe.

celluloid

And editing to add: And now I know that the individual stalls actually had/have different menus. LOL. Being Disney and all I always just assumed they sold the same things and the separate windows were just for atmosphere. Am I the only one dumb enough to have had that impression? 🤣

You are not dumb at all. Lately, this is exactly what the company would have you thinking. It was a rare move in quality that was traditionally set before current leadership.

Rob562

Original Poster

Actually, while they listed them as separate windows with separate items, the secret was actually that you *could* order any listed food item at any of the food windows to save time.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom