What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

Personally I don't think AK or the tree of life is best for Encanto. I would rather see it as a new attraction in HS. But in regards to Antonio if something was going to be reused for him, I'd rather it be the Swiss Family Treehouse in MK instead.
Amazing! I was right..........Wrong Theme Park......but my idea was right. Nope not an insider so definitely giving myself props!

SCOTLORR

This what I would like to see at D23 Expo:

Animal Kingdom: Boy does this park need some love. Dinorama is a mess, dare I say even messier than when that albatross (albeit fun I admit) mouse coaster towered over the land. I'm really hoping they announce an expansion and tear down of the Dinorama area. Personally, I love Dinosaur as a ride and feel that it can still comprise a solid DinoLand USA area along with the Boneyard and Restaurantosaurus. So keep that stuff. I want to see (how do I say this nicely) Chester and Hester's demo'd into oblivion. Build a nice attraction or two that will flesh out the park's lineup and spread out crowds far better than the current lineup provides. I'm not sure what I would want to build there but I dream and wish we could get the Excavator coaster. And if they stray away from the Dino theme for that portion, how cool would a Mystic Manor style Encanto ride be? Bring in some South American animals while you're at it.

Hollywood Studios: This park is in a lot better shape than I feel it's given credit for. Although it's a short list of attractions, they're all pretty excellent. It makes for a very fun day, and that's the main point, isn't it? I'd say my main wish for this park would be to re-do animation courtyard and connect it to the back end of Rock'n'Roller Coaster to allow for better guest flow. Currently they're two unnecessary dead ends. As for the theme of the area, I'd love a Monstropolis land (Seems to not be an option anymore, sadly), but I wouldn't mind if they dedicated this area to improving capacity and increase the family friendly options even further than TSL did. I know it wouldn't be taken very well by this forum, but I could see Disney turning this area into a Pixar Pier type place, with a few spinner rides with multiple animated IP's. Again, not what we want, but a solid addition nonetheless.

Epcot: With the current projects underway, I'd like to see updates on Journey of Water, Dreamer's Point, the updated Festival Center, and the Play Pavilion. If we're really dreaming here, we could pray for an Imagination revamp announcement. It's the last lingering piece of the new Future World (RIP) that needs to be renewed so let's hope they do something about it soon. And I'll also add that I hope they resume the plans for the Mary Poppins area. Sounds like it'd be a nice lil addition.

Magic Kingdom: The obvious thing will be Updates on Tron (Opening date announced hopefully), but another thing I am hoping for is a Tomorrowland revamp. I'm hoping they announce the Speedway being converted to electric cars, Stitch getting it's longterm replacement so that the building is no longer rotting away in prime real estate, and although it'd be early after the movie's release, announce Space Ranger Spin's re-theme to the new movie Lightyear. This would make for a fully fleshed out Tomorrowland (My fav land of the park, might I add).

While these all won't happen, maybe I'll get a thing or two right. I just hope they announce a solid amount of projects to get excited about again. It feels like things are opening and there aren't new projects replacing them. Definitely not the best strategy with the competition down the road gearing up for a third park opening in three years.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney fans sprinting into D23 with high expectations! They get in and then...

Falling Down Fall GIF by Julian Frost

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
What will Disney announce for WDW at the 2022 D23? A brand new version of SpectroMagic! Bob Chapek makes the announcement, but then some "unplanned" hijinks ensue.

A SpectroMan will come out on one of the spinning floats and nearly run over Chapek, who will be saved at the last moment by Rey.

Rey then switches on her lightsaber, swaps it for the other one on the ground, and lightsaber duels the SpectroMan, who announces his intentions to take over the company and reinstate free Fastpass, Magical Express, and Extra Magic Hours for all resort guests. Luckily, Rey fatally stabs the SpectroMan, ending the budding hostile takeover bid.

Chapek explains during the presentation that the parade will be called Xpectnomagic, and it will be a premium parade offered for an additional $20 per person (with a special viewing area package atop Liberty Tree Tavern for another $75). It will depict scenes from the last 5 years of Disney and Pixar animation, culminating with a float that consists of a Hi-Res screen that shows previews of all the new Disney+ content for that month.

Unfortunately, everything I just wrote is more likely to happen than an actual SpectroMagic remake.

JoeCamel

What will Disney announce for WDW at the 2022 D23? A brand new version of SpectroMagic! Bob Chapek makes the announcement, but then some "unplanned" hijinks ensue.

A SpectroMan will come out on one of the spinning floats and nearly run over Chapek, who will be saved at the last moment by Rey.

Rey then switches on her lightsaber, swaps it for the other one on the ground, and lightsaber duels the SpectroMan, who announces his intentions to take over the company and reinstate free Fastpass, Magical Express, and Extra Magic Hours for all resort guests. Luckily, Rey fatally stabs the SpectroMan, ending the budding hostile takeover bid.

Chapek explains during the presentation that the parade will be called Xpectnomagic, and it will be a premium parade offered for an additional $20 per person (with a special viewing area package atop Liberty Tree Tavern for another $75). It will depict scenes from the last 5 years of Disney and Pixar animation, culminating with a float that consists of a Hi-Res screen that shows previews of all the new Disney+ content for that month.

Unfortunately, everything I just wrote is more likely to happen than an actual SpectroMagic remake.
It's the middle of the night and you are dreaming. Sleep well

SirLink

... then SpectroMan takes his mask off and reveals .... it was THOMAS STAGGS ALL ALONG, and says "It was me Bob it was me all along"

Moth

Why they're gonna drop the bomb that Dino Land USA is becoming Ice Age and South America is coming to AK with both Rio and Encanto tie-ins!
And then DHS gets two more e-tickets!
Then Magic Hours come back for all!
THEN IMAGINATION GETS REHAULED!

...and then I wake up

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

Alicia Stella posted this on Twitter today. I know she has strong Universal ties but not sure about Disney.

2023 is Animal Kingdom's 25 anniversary. I think it's a pretty solid bet that they would at least in SOME way mention SOMETHING for the park's 25th at the D23 the fall before. Realistically? Maybe they announce some new projection show on the Tree of Life. If we're really lucky, they announce a new nighttime show for the RoL stadium but the only way that realistically happens for 2023 is I'd they reuse the RoL tech. A Bugs Life replacement could happen with minimal downtime to be ready for 2023 , but I have my doubts on that. Hopefully they at least announce a return to later hours. Announcing a big new addition would be icing on the cake, but I feel what we should expect is an announcement on what's happening for the 25th (which given that nothing has started, likely isn't much).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom