What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

Nordic4tKnight

I still think the best option for Encanto in the parks is to just remove Dinoland all together and replace it with South America. That way you can have animal trails like in Asia and Africa. You could even do a boat ride themed to the Amazon river. Then an Encanto ride could exist without being shoehorned in somewhere. I doubt that it would happen anytime soon with how huge a project it would be unfortunately.

GimpYancIent

I still think the best option for Encanto in the parks is to just remove Dinoland all together and replace it with South America. That way you can have animal trails like in Asia and Africa. You could even do a boat ride themed to the Amazon river. Then an Encanto ride could exist without being shoehorned in somewhere. I doubt that it would happen anytime soon with how huge a project it would be unfortunately.
To be honest I don't care what is done to Dino Land just leave "The Bone Yard" alone. It isn't high tech, it isn't fancy, it does not have moving components (that can fail and need constant maintenance) but the kids love it, all the kids that go to it have a blast and are disappointed when it's time to move on. I am surprised BC hasn't slapped an entry charge on the attraction. So don't mess with "The Bone Yard".

Communicora

Premium Member
I agree, if sacrosanct means "something I ignore each trip". :D
Classic Film Sticking Tongue Out GIF

doctornick

I certainly hope they put something additional in DAK - not a replacement for something currently there. I don’t think Encanto is the best fit (though an appropriate story treatment could be done) and they want to add that to the parks, they can add it elsewhere while still adding something to DAK.

I’m a big fan of adding Mystic Manor to DAK; it’s the exact type of ride the park needs (all ages, indoor) and can be lightly changed to fit well into Asia or Africa.

I don't think for the majority of guests the treehouse is sacrosanct. I think that term applies to those that Walt was more involved with like Tiki, Bears or Carousel. Also culturally Swiss Family is out of date and Disney has already rethemed it before a la Tarzan. In addition it would be a way to help increase "usage" of a little visited attraction. It won't solve capacity issues but could help spread crowds a little.

pdude81

I certainly hope they put something additional in DAK - not a replacement for something currently there. I don’t think Encanto is the best fit (though an appropriate story treatment could be done) and they want to add that to the parks, they can add it elsewhere while still adding something to DAK.

I’m a big fan of adding Mystic Manor to DAK; it’s the exact type of ride the park needs (all ages, indoor) and can be lightly changed to fit well into Asia or Africa.
They certainly need to add more across multiple parks, or at the bare minimum least replace PW soon. I just think It's Tough to be a Bug is pretty stale at this point and they don't even have Flik meeting guests anymore. So that'll need a refurb eventually, If Dinoland is to go, they could move to South America or "Down Under" and keep the Boneyard as a dig site. It's a great place for kids to play, even if it's relatively impossible for parents to follow their children around.

pdude81

Why is everybody saying that Encanto should be added to Animal Kingdom? Just because there's a minor character in the movie that can talk to animals or whatever doesn't mean it fits in Animal Kingdom.
Occasional suggestions for attractions align with Encanto in DAK. And that's because they are already actively doing M&G at DLR and we've heard Chapek pitch this as a franchise already. Places suggested for Encanto attractions are mostly DAK and DHS because they need as much love as possible.

I thought there could be a retheme of the Bug's Life show because it's old and stale, and because it's inside of a giant tree like the Antonio scene in Encanto with the leopard. Also the past two CEO's have been quite clear that IP is going to be a major focus of any expenditure.

Just my two cents

BrianLo

Why is everybody saying that Encanto should be added to Animal Kingdom? Just because there's a minor character in the movie that can talk to animals or whatever doesn't mean it fits in Animal Kingdom.

It doesn't, Mystic Manor even less so (since that's a finished attraction and not merely a precursor idea).

If they built a South America land though with animal trails and tacked on Encanto somewhere, sure whatever, I'd not be that up in arms.

LittleMerman

I'm down for this idea. I've always thought a South/Latin American section could be really interesting in AK. I'd love to see an Encanto version of Mystic Manor.

However, I would want them to leave DINOSAUR the ride. Maybe it could be it's own little mini-land. And The Boneyard could stay for kids, I guess. I don't see them doing much more with the dinosaur theme. Universal kind of has that covered.

doctornick

Just FWIW, the strongest rumor I recall on here was that there was plans to detach the non-Dino-rama parts of Dinoland USA and then use the Dinorama plot plus the Nemo theater plus whatever else is needed from backstage to make a separate land.

So, Boneyard, Dinosaur the ride, Restaurantasaurus, and the main gift shop all would remain and be part of Dinoland USA. The other stuff gets converted into some other land like Australia/Oceana (would work with Nemo) or maybe South America or whatever.

DisneyDean97

Animal Kingdom should get a proper replacement for Primeval Whirl AND a new ride elsewhere, I would love to see Mystic Manor be added to one of the existing lands like Asia, the park needs actual additions not just replacements.
What Animal Kingdom will get announced at D23... lol probably another kiddie coaster for Dinoland and that's it.

Bocabear

like a South American pavilion in World Showcase would be a great place to start...with an Encanto Attraction would fit nicely...
If they added a South America section to Animal Kingdom would their animal portions be distinct and interesting enough to carry an entire area?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom