News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

homerdance

Passes seem to start filling up 3-4 weeks in advance, so you should be OK.
Yeah, I really don’t see a problem unless they announce something special opening during that time.

Just frustrating, they won’t take my money.

Edit: is this opening in 120 Days?

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah, I really don’t see a problem unless they announce something special opening during that time.

Just frustrating, they won’t take my money.
I’m sure they’ll figure out a way to monetize a solution to the problem of people wanting to get a park reservation on days any given park is “sold out”. Just give them time.

“Coming soon: Disney Park Reservation+!!! Not finding an available reservation for the park you want for a particular day? For just $999.99/person, now you can get in! MAGIC!!! (Quantities limited to only 10,000 per day per park)”

WDWJoeG

I’m sure they’ll figure out a way to monetize a solution to the problem of people wanting to get a park reservation on days any given park is “sold out”. Just give them time.

“Coming soon: Disney Park Reservation+!!! Not finding an available reservation for the park you want for a particular day? For just $999.99/person, now you can get in! MAGIC!!! (Quantities limited to only 10,000 per day per park)”
I think you're absolutely right - they will be more "subtle" by saying something like "with a Deluxe hotel booking, park reservations are never sold out during your stay" or "with a new Super Enchanted Multi-Day Park Hopper ticket (costing 30% more), park reservations are not required". They have created scarcity and demand, now you can monetize it.

castlecake2.0

You know, stuff like this didn't happen in the past (or at least we never knew about it). Sending merch to the wrong location? It's just astounding...
Oh it happens a lot. But before they would usually send it on to the right location, right now they just don’t have time to make it worth it. When I worked on DCL in Mickeys Mainsail we got stuff allll the time for Mickeys Startraders. There was also a shop in DAK that we would always get stuff from too as well but I forget which one it was. Right before the pandemic we got a whole pallet of stuff for galaxy’s edge too.

castlecake2.0

So word from the uppers is that what you see at the parks this week is the busiest they want it to be, anything more than this is where things start to fall apart. Was at MK on Tuesday and it was busy and “sold out” at whatever number they have it set at, but not the worst I’ve ever seen it. Was able to do three rides during early entry, 5 rides with genie, 4 rides standby, lunch at pecos, dinner at harbour house, with time for a 3 hour break midday at the resort. Walked out at ten and was on the first monorail.

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
So word from the uppers is that what you see at the parks this week is the busiest they want it to be, anything more than this is where things start to fall apart. Was at MK on Tuesday and it was busy and “sold out” at whatever number they have it set at, but not the worst I’ve ever seen it. Was able to do three rides during early entry, 5 rides with genie, 4 rides standby, lunch at pecos, dinner at harbour house, with time for a 3 hour break midday at the resort. Walked out at ten and was on the first monorail.
Honestly if this is true and they stick to it, park reservations may not end up being a bad thing.

UNCgolf

They are turning down revenue, every time a park sells out theyre turning down revenue.

I know... that's my point?

I don't see them committing to that long term, at least under this management. My guess is the reason they're still keeping it relatively limited at the moment is due to ongoing staffing issues rather than any real desire to limit attendance, and the park pass limit will increase as they're able to up CM capacity (through CPs, the internationals, and whoever else they hire). Unless they have some analysis showing that the limited attendance actually increases profit in the long run because the reduction in staff etc. makes up for lost F&B and merchandise sales, of course.

I'd love to be wrong, though.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

I know... that's my point?

I don't see them committing to that long term, at least under this management. My guess is the reason they're still keeping it relatively limited at the moment is due to ongoing staffing issues rather than any real desire to limit attendance, and the park pass limit will increase as they're able to up CM capacity (through CPs, the internationals, and whoever else they hire). Unless they have some analysis showing that the limited attendance actually increases profit in the long run because the reduction in staff etc. makes up for lost F&B and merchandise sales, of course.

I'd love to be wrong, though.
I think they’re looking for the sweet spot, there’s definitely a point where having more guests starts to chip away at profit. On a much smaller scale, I used to be a leader at a very busy Disney Store. The days we had the most guests pass through the doors were never the days we made made the most profit, average spend per guest would be lower, and more money would be spent on labor to keep the store stocked and in good show. I imagine it would be similar at the parks, just in a bigger scale, eventually it’s not worth cramming as many people as possible in because it’s not worth the extra costs.

UNCgolf

I think they’re looking for the sweet spot, there’s definitely a point where having more guests starts to chip away at profit. On a much smaller scale, I used to be a leader at a very busy Disney Store. The days we had the most guests pass through the doors were never the days we made made the most profit, average spend per guest would be lower, and more money would be spent on labor to keep the store stocked and in good show. I imagine it would be similar at the parks, just in a bigger scale, eventually it’s not worth cramming as many people as possible in because it’s not worth the extra costs.

I definitely agree with that -- I don't think they'd want the Magic Kingdom to have 80,000 guests every day because of the extra cost and the fact that there just isn't enough F&B and retail capacity for all of those people anyways. You can't sell to people if they can't get inside a store, or if there are 30+ minute waits to get a pretzel.

I just think the tipping point for that is likely higher than the current limitations, but who knows.

Last edited:

Fido Chuckwagon

I'm honestly just surprised that they don't move park reservations to just AP and non-resort guests. One would think they would want all their resort guests to be able to go to the parks.

In fact that could be a perk of resort stay - no reservations.
They’ve already gotten sued for less in California. They would definitely get sued again if they did this.

Fido Chuckwagon

I think you're absolutely right - they will be more "subtle" by saying something like "with a Deluxe hotel booking, park reservations are never sold out during your stay" or "with a new Super Enchanted Multi-Day Park Hopper ticket (costing 30% more), park reservations are not required". They have created scarcity and demand, now you can monetize it.
There are limits to what they can get away with without facing a lawsuit. Closing out people who paid extra for AP’s with no blackout dates to sell more expensive/profitable tickets to other people is *exactly* what got them jammed up in California.

mikejs78

Premium Member
There are limits to what they can get away with without facing a lawsuit. Closing out people who paid extra for AP’s with no blackout dates to sell more expensive/profitable tickets to other people is *exactly* what got them jammed up in California.
Which is probably why they aren't selling APs anymore.

Also, California is a very different state than FL from a legal perspective.

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to the Park Reservation calendars, Disney has added a fair amount of reservations back this evening.

Here's a look at the current calendars (I didn't manage to grab a screenshot beforehand. As an example, May 2nd was completely out of reservations earlier today) -

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 9.19.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 9.20.15 PM.png

Here's a look at the Annual Passholder calendar (May 27th is available at EPCOT again) -

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 9.19.38 PM.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to the Park Reservation calendar, May 7th, 8th, 9th and 12th had very little Park Reservations left earlier today, but they were just refilled for all parks -

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 7.41.35 PM.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney has again completely refilled Ticket/Resort Guest Park Reservations for the next 3 days.

Before/After -

View attachment 637748View attachment 637747
If they would only refill any park on the 23rd so I can buy tickets for my week (17-26). Apparently, even if your 7-day tickets can be used of the course of 10 days, meaning you can skip a day or two, if a completely blocked out day is in that time frame, you can't buy tickets!

I'm on hold with CS now...

Patcheslee

If they would only refill any park on the 23rd so I can buy tickets for my week (17-26). Apparently, even if your 7-day tickets can be used of the course of 10 days, meaning you can skip a day or two, if a completely blocked out day is in that time frame, you can't buy tickets!

I'm on hold with CS now...
Wonder how it works with 10 day tickets if you are there longer. i.e. not sure we'll make it to the park on arrival day. I'd prefer to be able to reserve that day and a floating day that would make up for it vs wait till we get there to reserve floater if needed and there not be availability.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wonder how it works with 10 day tickets if you are there longer. i.e. not sure we'll make it to the park on arrival day. I'd prefer to be able to reserve that day and a floating day that would make up for it vs wait till we get there to reserve floater if needed and there not be availability.
If you choose a 10 day ticket and it gives you what? 15 days to use them? Well if there's just one day in that 15-day run that is fully booked, you won't be able to book it online. I spent 1 hr, 23 minutes waiting for the right agent who could force it through.

Also: The reservation calendar isn't always accurate. On days showing that only DAK was available, I was able to book MK and DHS.

Also: There's no option to change Disney room bookings online any more. Both for this booking I have next week and one in October. The option to make changes is greyed out... you have to call.

Also: The hold music is horrible. But, that's a function of modern compressed voice transmission that doesn't handle music well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom