Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

DoleWhipDrea

Do it big and do it right if there are to be any changes...

Disney has had a bad habit of closing things and then just leaving them abandoned.

I'll take this current version of JII over having no Figment in any attraction...until WDI can finally get a proper budget approved to re-do the Imagination Pavilion to something truly special like it once was.

As for the people that waited hours to purchase those popcorn buckets - I was there the day they were released, and I can confirm that Figment has a lot of real fans that went to just get their hands on one for their own collection. Re-sellers buy anything that looks to be a hot commodity, sure, but I can't tell you how many people were dressed in their Figment best that day.

ppete1975

Do it big and do it right if there are to be any changes...

Disney has had a bad habit of closing things and then just leaving them abandoned.

I'll take this current version of JII over having no Figment in any attraction...until WDI can finally get a proper budget approved to re-do the Imagination Pavilion to something truly special like it once was.

As for the people that waited hours to purchase those popcorn buckets - I was there the day they were released, and I can confirm that Figment has a lot of real fans that went to just get their hands on one for their own collection. Re-sellers buy anything that looks to be a hot commodity, sure, but I can't tell you how many people were dressed in their Figment best that day.
Oh I am sure you are correct, especially the early crowd I am sure was an even mixture of huge fans and Ebayers.. but then as the news spread Ebayers and people who just saw dollar signs added to the mess.

I feel bad for the Figment fans who wanted to get one but didnt expect the hysteria that occurred.

Because to logical minds they should have been able to get one at any time in the day, for the foreseeable future.

But if funko or Splash has taught anybody anything (or even the first day release of 50th merch) this aint logical minds.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Spent this week at Epcot and I definitely feel like something will be changing at Imagination in the near future. Soarin’ merch was heavily featured in the gift shop, the Magic Eye Theater was being used for a Mickey M&G, there are numerous photo installations representing various Pixar films, basically the entire post-show has nothing to do with the actual ride. To me that doesn’t make sense. Certainly Disney knows they could just as easily sell us “retro” JII merch in that location. Why choose not to??

Inspired Figment

Spent this week at Epcot and I definitely feel like something will be changing at Imagination in the near future. Soarin’ merch was heavily featured in the gift shop, the Magic Eye Theater was being used for a Mickey M&G, there are numerous photo installations representing various Pixar films, basically the entire post-show has nothing to do with the actual ride. To me that doesn’t make sense. Certainly Disney knows they could just as easily sell us “retro” JII merch in that location. Why choose not to??
They absolutely should be marketing retro themed merch. My guess as to why they’re not yet though is because they don’t want to give any “false promises” or “false hopes”, considering that I doubt Chapek really wants to restore the ride back to it’s original glory with some modern enhancements (ala Great Moments with Lincoln & DL’s Fantasyland rides) anytime soon.

Last edited:

Poseidon Quest

They absolutely should be marketing retro themed merch. My guess as to why they’re not yet though is because they don’t want to give any “false promises” or “false hopes”, considering that I doubt Chapek really wants to restore the ride back to it’s original glory with some modern enhancements (ala Great Moments with Lincoln & DL’s Fantasyland rides) anytime soon.

I get the impression that Disney likes to pretend that 1980s Epcot didn't exist. They love to feature the history of Disneyland/Magic Kingdom attractions, but there's never a mention of any other extinct rides despite a pretty massive interest in them.

Mickeynerd17

Imagination was stuffed with soarin merch pre-covid and the photo ops have been around for awhile too. The whole postshow is essentially 2015-2019 dead Innoventions Pt. 2, Electric Boogaloo

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Imagination was stuffed with soarin merch pre-covid and the photo ops have been around for awhile too. The whole postshow is essentially 2015-2019 dead Innoventions Pt. 2, Electric Boogaloo
I didn’t recall seeing the Soarin’ merch during my last visit in 2019, so it was very jarring to see it this time. But maybe I just wasn’t paying as much attention lol.

itsy bitsy spider

Im glad you arent part of the decision makers ;)

You realize if they got rid of it.. the building would just sit there for a decade.. or they would raze the building (huge loss for architecture and epcot) and build a huge box with a themed front.

Haha, why? They would be much better off with a non BS fella like me. They can keep the building and just put something else inside it like Inside Out.

Be careful what you wish for.

People said the same thing about Energy (minus the 3D show part). It wasn't until it was actually removed did people complain and freak out.

Only other difference is energy didn't have a cute purple dragon everybody loves to see.

Universe of Energy was horrible, a dirty restroom would have been better.

ppete1975

Haha, why? They would be much better off with a non BS fella like me. They can keep the building and just put something else inside it like Inside Out.

Universe of Energy was horrible, a dirty restroom would have been better.
A dirty restroom? You prob didnt like wom either. Energy was a little long for todays crowd, but the ride mechanism and dinosaurs were worth it if nothing else. Even if I hate Ellen.

trainplane3

You'd think it would have been a smarter idea to at least put the Festival merch with Figment in the store since he's on it..
They did. Some leftover merch made its way over to there when I was there in December.
LheIUqV.jpg

aFVBNh9.jpg

TwilightZone

A dirty restroom? You prob didnt like wom either. Energy was a little long for todays crowd, but the ride mechanism and dinosaurs were worth it if nothing else. Even if I hate Ellen.
I prefer the ellen version of the attraction tbh. The old 80's version kind of dragged after a while, though it had nice songs. I feel like the attraction could easily still be around today if the folks at Disney updated the footage with Bill Nye again and maybe made the movie/vehicles a little faster. And this is coming from a non-Energy fan.

ppete1975

I prefer the ellen version of the attraction tbh. The old 80's version kind of dragged after a while, though it had nice songs. I feel like the attraction could easily still be around today if the folks at Disney updated the footage with Bill Nye again and maybe made the movie/vehicles a little faster. And this is coming from a non-Energy fan.
I would have just replaced ellen lol... She is just one of those people that seem to try too hard to be funny, and really not that funny to me. But they could have easily upgraded the film to 4k did some improvements and id been ok them keeping it as it was, even if it was a bit long. Ive always said, not everything needs to be a 60 minute wait E ticket,.... you need walk ons or under 30 minute wait times, and not everyone wants a fast moving attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom