Disney and Gas Prices

Lilofan

Everybody does realize that you’re going to get hit twice by this?

We can talk about increases in “getting to Disney” - but do you know how much gas those fleet of buses and boats need everyday?

Something tells me Chapek isn’t just going to eat that - for the betterment of the “experience”
What's next, set the AC on buses at a higher temp to save on fuel costs? How long are those complimentary buses going to remain like that.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
What's next, set the AC on buses at a higher temp to save on fuel costs? How long are those complimentary buses going to remain like that.

Not long would be my guess. Either that or more F&B increases. Question is do they come out and outright charge for it or bury it in another type of charge?

I’m sure Disney is playing futures but then the question becomes time and quantity.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Not long would be my guess. Either that or more F&B increases. Question is do they come out and outright charge for it or bury it in another type of charge?

I’m sure Disney is playing futures but then the question becomes time and quantity.
Probably incorporated in the always increasing resort fee and or / parking fee in resorts and parks also but will still get very limited housekeeping services in the resorts.

Nottamus

I can understand stopping in Yulee. That's north of Jacksonville at I-95/A1A. But Deltona is just north of Orlando. You might as well continue straight to WDW at that point. (Yes, I know you're driving all the way down this trip.)
It goes back to when we wanted to hold onto any points or $ we had! Staying in Deltona was way cheaper than a night in Disney, and it was/is pretty awesome to wake up and have just a 50 minute ride in on Sunday morning !

Yulee was convenient because we got there early enough to head down to Amelia beach for a dinner.

Lilofan

When I drive to Florida, I’m typically not looking to waste travel time eating a meal inside. When I stop for the day, then I’ll find a place to eat inside to unwind. There’s no problem finding a Cracker Barrel anywhere from Maine to Florida along the I-95 corridor where you can find eat inside if you wish, along with other National chains.
Cracker Barrel is good but the wait times to get a table is very long especially dinner hours when travelers check into hotels after a long day of driving and many go to CB. Wait outside sitting on the rocking chairs until name is called. Unwind after a 30 min wait to get seated, 30 min to get your food and another 30-40 min to eat.

GimpYancIent

Cracker Barrel is good but the wait times to get a table is very long especially dinner hours when travelers check into hotels after a long day of driving and many go to CB. Wait outside sitting on the rocking chairs until name is called. Unwind after a 30 min wait to get seated, 30 min to get your food and another 30-40 min to eat.
Ehhhhh, not exactly. CB wait times vary tremendously depending on the time of day and location. I like CB and generally have been seated within 5 to 10 min after walking in. As for eating time, simply put, I am going to enjoy my food so I do not look at the time.

Pepper's Ghost

Everybody does realize that you’re going to get hit twice by this?

We can talk about increases in “getting to Disney” - but do you know how much gas those fleet of buses and boats need everyday?

Something tells me Chapek isn’t just going to eat that - for the betterment of the “experience”

Well, given the ala carte approach recently that they've given to everything, my guess is charging a "fuel tax" via Magic Band every time you step on to a bus, PLUS lowering A/C to warmer temperatures. I mean for Pete's sake, we all know that Disney and Chapek always solve a money problem by reaching into your wallet, AND reducing the overall cost they incur. It's not like they're only going to do one or the other. Reduce the experience to bring costs in line, and then charge their idiotic customers for increased cost they would've incurred. They try to justify price increase with "well, it's the times and everything costs us more", but they leave out that they're cutting services, entertainment, comfort, yada, yada.

Pepper's Ghost

Gas Prices really don't matter...but keeping in the spirit of those popular stickers appearing at gas pumps throughout the country...
View attachment 627058
For those familiar with John Oliver, I found his recent characterization of Chapek as "Disney's CEO and business thumb" quite amusing. 🤣
Disneys CEO and Business Thumb.JPG

Lilofan

Ehhhhh, not exactly. CB wait times vary tremendously depending on the time of day and location. I like CB and generally have been seated within 5 to 10 min after walking in. As for eating time, simply put, I am going to enjoy my food so I do not look at the time.
My experiences off I-95, Roanoke Rapids, NC , Florence SC, Lumberton NC, Savannah GA , etc. Your experiences may be different

Kamikaze

I assumed the poster meant high gas prices as it impacts a family's total budget, not just the portion they spend to visit WDW, as in the amount people spend to commute to work.
You missed the point of my post by pulling out that single part of it. Which was - gas prices and turndowns in the economy have not overly affected crowds at WDW in the past and will not do so now.

chama1

The gas prices won't have much affect on those whom already planned and paid for their vacations for this year....but if the gas, food, prices, (cost of living) keeps going up that's another issue....less of Parks treats, drinks, shopping, even meals will be budgeted to the max...there might be shorter stays at the resorts...but they will still come....BUT if Disney raises it's tickets, as it always does and other amenities,...that's when we'll see some changes with Disney lovers in the future.

Lilofan

You missed the point of my post by pulling out that single part of it. Which was - gas prices and turndowns in the economy have not overly affected crowds at WDW in the past and will not do so now.
Not exactly, one significant turn down in the economy was post 9/11. Cutbacks , restructuring occurred at WDW and many other companies.

Lilofan

The gas prices won't have much affect on those whom already planned and paid for their vacations for this year....but if the gas, food, prices, (cost of living) keeps going up that's another issue....less of Parks treats, drinks, shopping, even meals will be budgeted to the max...there might be shorter stays at the resorts...but they will still come....BUT if Disney raises it's tickets, as it always does and other amenities,...that's when we'll see some changes with Disney lovers in the future.
I doubt some minds will not change. Credit card debt have reached record levels during the last two years. I know a few who increase debt by continuing to go on vacation.

Pepper's Ghost

I doubt some minds will not change. Credit card debt have reached record levels during the last two years. I know a few who increase debt by continuing to go on vacation.
I could be wrong, but I think this is the opposite. Total credit card debt has gone down during the pandemic, pretty drastically actually. I don't claim to understand this because it's counterintuitive and I've been trying to understand, but this is a chart of what I've read....
Chart1_Total_credit_card_debt_and_transitions_into_delinquency_have_declined.png

Kamikaze

Not exactly, one significant turn down in the economy was post 9/11. Cutbacks , restructuring occurred at WDW and many other companies.
I specifically called out 9/11 and COVID as exceptions in my original post which the person I replied to conveniently cut out. Which is why I mentioned them cutting up my post to get the specific line that fit their narrative while ignoring the overall point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom