News New Experience Center to open in the Odyssey Events Pavilion

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So happy that the PR people got all the usual buzzwords in there.

But I ARE THE MAGIC!!! What is this “make magic when we work together” nonsense? You’d think they’d have at least an iota of a clue in order to put out a cohesive marketing message. Guess that’s too much to ask.

EeyoreFan#24

The only other time I’m really heard the term “activations” used was during the press conferences for nascar sponsors. The options outlined in their sponsorship agreements were called “activations”. I.E. “ we’re excited about the activation possibilities to show our partnership” or something like that.

That being said, I hope it was a typo too.

montyz81

Buzzword buzzword buzzword!

It really is something to see how these people drafting Disney PR talk around things.
So happy that the PR people got all the usual buzzwords in there.

But I ARE THE MAGIC!!! What is this “make magic when we work together” nonsense? You’d think they’d have at least an iota of a clue in order to put out a cohesive marketing message. Guess that’s too much to ask.
Another problem at Disney that has Marty Sklar turning over in his grave.

iwilliam_23

lol

Attachments

• 687x11.jpg
    687x11.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 95

Sir_Cliff

Well. That fizzled.
That was precisely the word that came to my mind! Closing the centre after so much of what was originally proposed was later quietly removed and when there is still a huge question mark over even what the centre of the park is going to look like when (if?) they ever finish it captures the way in which the project to relaunch the park has just kind of fizzled out. It seems to confirm that they're just going to finish up the projects that are currently under construction and then 🤷‍♂️

WorldExplorer

Honestly, all else aside, I don't think the thing really did it's job well.

It told you absolutely nothing about what kind of attraction Guardians is (and instead focuses on their backstory that's a whole other post). If I didn't have prior knowledge, I would have guessed some kind of dance club.

Journey of Water is just confusing. It waxes poetically about water for a bit but all we see is some kids walking through fountains. Is it just a bunch of fountains? Is it educational? What is this thing supposed to be?

Harmonious' section was displaying false information (Pocahontas section) for long after they had to know it was misleading. I also don't remember if they ever tried to include whatever mashup message they ended up going with or if was just "a celebration of Disney music" (which, to be fair, is accurate, but not what they were trying to push).

And I realize they had nothing to work with, but the show just spoils almost the entirety of the Ratatouille ride. No joke, once I saw some cast members tell someone that if they're upset they missed Remy, go watch that part of the show, and bounce up and down while you do it and you'll get the gist.

The table model was cool, but that's all I'll give it.

HauntedMansionFLA

Translation: More than half the crap we promised ain’t gonna happen. So no point keeping this going….enjoy the mediocre nighttime show and construction walls for the next 5 years.

BTW, what in the hell is an “activation”? Did some intern at Disney PR misread the memo when they posted Zach’s message.
AP magnets so they can stop about going to Springs to get them.

Animaniac93-98

That was precisely the word that came to my mind! Closing the centre after so much of what was originally proposed was later quietly removed and when there is still a huge question mark over even what the centre of the park is going to look like when (if?) they ever finish it captures the way in which the project to relaunch the park has just kind of fizzled out. It seems to confirm that they're just going to finish up the projects that are currently under construction and then 🤷‍♂️

Are they even going to finish the PLAY pavilion?

JustInTime

Yes! Exactly. It seems like there was so much potential. And when most of it didn’t happened they just edited and now are quietly closing it. It’s really unfortunate. SSE needs to be a priority!

Bocabear

Are they even going to finish the PLAY pavilion?
Hopefully not and they will save the building for something better... Or use it as the Festival Canter, because the real one will never see the light of day. Honestly for what they pay Bob, he could probably write a check for the Festival Center out of his personal checking account...lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom