Guide to DLR for WDW Veterans!

Diamond Dot

I do 5 days at DL, I like to take my time, I've travelled from the UK, so I'm going to make the most of it all. I've never seen Fantasmic at DL, it never seems to be running on my trips, but, if it is I'll certainly consider the dining package, it's the thought of the cushion that sold it to me.

Sailor310

I do 5 days at DL, I like to take my time, I've travelled from the UK, so I'm going to make the most of it all. I've never seen Fantasmic at DL, it never seems to be running on my trips, but, if it is I'll certainly consider the dining package, it's the thought of the cushion that sold it to me.
No Fantasmic. They've been working on some of the underwater stuff on and off, but sure doesn't look like they're close to starting.

tanc

For someone who has never been to Disneyland, how bad would it be to go in October? I have no interest in going to WDW, kinda want to take a break from it. Do you think Disneyland is an enjoyable experience still or just not worth the cost right now?

Phroobar

For someone who has never been to Disneyland, how bad would it be to go in October? I have no interest in going to WDW, kinda want to take a break from it. Do you think Disneyland is an enjoyable experience still or just not worth the cost right now?
Halloween time is always packed. You're better off seeing other things in southern California.

tanc

Would you say it's worth it to wait for toontown to reopen once it closes? I haven't seen toontown since its removal from the Magic Kingdom.

PiratesMansion

Would you say it's worth it to wait for toontown to reopen once it closes? I haven't seen toontown since its removal from the Magic Kingdom.
Honestly, Toontown was better than the Florida version but not good enough on its own to postpone visitation for. Other than Roger Rabbit there was little there that was truly essential to the park experience.

Certainly Runaway Railway will be nice but it also gives you a reason to come back.

tanc

Is park hopper even worth it for Disneyland? Are they often at capacity? It says it's subject to availability.

PiratesMansion

Is park hopper even worth it for Disneyland? Are they often at capacity? It says it's subject to availability.
Absolutely. The parks literally face each other, you don't have to go through security again to go between parks, and if there's not a wait at the turnstiles you can do it in less than five minutes. With a parkhopper (moreso before Disney's stupid "no parkhopping before 1" rule that benefits no-one but themselves, but I digress), you have the entire resort at your fingertips at all times.

Subject to availability is mostly there to cover themselves in the event the parks are at capacity and they aren't letting in anyone else in, which typically only happens on the absolute busiest of days. WDW undoubtedly has similar boilerplate language for their own tickets. There's a 98% chance that you won't be there on a day where that's an issue.

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
I personally never do park hopper (partly because I’m a cheapskate), but it is much more worth it at Disneyland than WDW. It literally takes you less than 15 minutes to hop. Plus DCA is pretty much a half-day park anyway.

Purduevian

Possible to do DL and DCA in just under 2 days (2 adults no kids). Never been to DLR, but frequent WDW. I have the opportunity to fly into LAX on a friday night and drive to DLR. Parks all day Saturday and most of Sunday. Sunday night drive back to LAX with an EARLY Monday morning flight out.

Is that worth it or should I wait until I can spend more time at DLR? We would buy G+ for both days and ILL for webslingers and radiator springs at least once.

I kinda have a priority list:
Must see:
  • Indiana Jones
  • Pirates
  • Mr. Toad
  • Pinocchio
  • Enchanted Wish
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Matterhorn
  • Space
  • Mission Breakout
  • Web Slingers
  • Radiator Springs
  • Incredicoaster
Would like to see
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Splash
  • Big Thunder
  • Buzz
  • Nemo
  • Monsters Inc
  • Grizzly River Run
  • RotR
If there is time
  • Railroad
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Pooh
  • Small World
  • Peter Pan
  • Storybook Canal
  • Casey Jr.
  • Star Tours
  • Philharmagic
  • Luigi
  • Mater's
  • Soarin
  • Midway Mania
  • Little Mermaid
  • Tea Cups
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Smugglers Run
No real interest
  • Lincoln
  • Tiki Room
  • Mark Twain
  • Columbia
  • Dumbo
  • Carrousel
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Autopia
  • Monorail
  • Disney Jr.
  • Jessie's
  • Emotional Whirlwind
  • Pal Around
  • Zephyr
  • Sky School
  • Jumping Jellyfish
  • Silly Symhony
  • Davy Crocket

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Possible to do DL and DCA in just under 2 days (2 adults no kids). Never been to DLR, but frequent WDW. I have the opportunity to fly into LAX on a friday night and drive to DLR. Parks all day Saturday and most of Sunday. Sunday night drive back to LAX with an EARLY Monday morning flight out.

Is that worth it or should I wait until I can spend more time at DLR? We would buy G+ for both days and ILL for webslingers and radiator springs at least once.

I kinda have a priority list:
Must see:
  • Indiana Jones
  • Pirates
  • Mr. Toad
  • Pinocchio
  • Enchanted Wish
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Matterhorn
  • Space
  • Mission Breakout
  • Web Slingers
  • Radiator Springs
  • Incredicoaster
Would like to see
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Splash
  • Big Thunder
  • Buzz
  • Nemo
  • Monsters Inc
  • Grizzly River Run
  • RotR
If there is time
  • Railroad
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Pooh
  • Small World
  • Peter Pan
  • Storybook Canal
  • Casey Jr.
  • Star Tours
  • Philharmagic
  • Luigi
  • Mater's
  • Soarin
  • Midway Mania
  • Little Mermaid
  • Tea Cups
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Smugglers Run
No real interest
  • Lincoln
  • Tiki Room
  • Mark Twain
  • Columbia
  • Dumbo
  • Carrousel
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Autopia
  • Monorail
  • Disney Jr.
  • Jessie's
  • Emotional Whirlwind
  • Pal Around
  • Zephyr
  • Sky School
  • Jumping Jellyfish
  • Silly Symhony
  • Davy Crocket
Since you will be in town, I say go for it. You should be able to get your priority list completed in those two days, assuming all the rides are open and there are no long delay times/breakdown times.

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
I searched DL rope drop strategies and got very different answers from the 'DL experts'. Help decide between Indiana Jones and Space Mountain
When I went back in February Space was getting super long lines all day, while IJA wasn’t too bad mostly, so if I were you I’d go for Space. Also, as you’re on your way to an attraction at rope drop, keep an eye on the app to make sure that it’s not temporarily closed. Two of my intended rope-drop attractions were closed temporarily and I didn’t realize it until I got there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom