In times of short-staffing, is Disney being flexible on rehire?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Let's find out.

I have a no-rehire status, and previous attempts to apply online have met with immediate rejection.

For fun, I applied for a few roles yesterday.

So far, no auto-rejections. All are still pending.

Let's see what happens.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Waiting GIF

@mkt

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
…it’s alright. You don’t want to work there. Canned reality will break you
Oh, I don't. I just want to clear my rehire status. I don't consider it fair that I'm almost 40 and still banned from working there almost 20 years later without as much as getting a second chance.

Florida Man

Oh, I don't. I just want to clear my rehire status. I don't consider it fair that I'm almost 40 and still banned from working there almost 20 years later without as much as getting a second chance.
That does kinda suck. I feel you. I’m the same with Amex. They were in my bankruptcy and I’ll never be able to get a card with them ever again. lol You don’t have to share but I’m gonna ask. What gave you the no rehire?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m so curious what gets one banned from rehire.
Honestly…cause I had to participate in a few of these (regrettably)…20 years ago…

It’s really random. It could be for very minor infractions…or significant altercations or financial infractions. But “justice” was never anything close to uniform or defensible.

Another place I’ve heard this is Trader Joe’s…where some who steal or get caught grabbing people in the stock room skate while showing up late twice gets others the boot.

The world is weird and always semi enthralled in chaos of its own choosing.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
I’m so curious what gets one banned from rehire.
At Disney, it can range from something as unjust as ing off the wrong manager, to something as banal as attendance problems, to actual issues like theft, etc.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Self defense when a guest physically attacked me.
Yeah…unfortunately in 2000s management speak you were done.

None of your supervisors or their department/area managers would risk not having your termination on hand in case legal matters came. It was a form of hedging.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah…unfortunately in 2000s management speak you were done.

None of your supervisors or their department/area managers would risk not having your termination on hand in case legal matters came. It was a form of hedging.
What es me off was that at most it's a 4 year statute of limitations - why not restricted rehire after 4 years?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What ****es me off was that at most it's a 4 year statute of limitations - why not restricted rehire after 4 years?
My thoughts are/were this:

1. Disney legal…even though they controlled the court…had a 100% conservative approach to those things in that day. It was HR/PR combined. They had a policy of never inviting any attention. Didn’t want to file briefs…didn’t want it picked up by the Sentinel
2. In those days, they had much more ability to turn over staff. And it was cheap to do so. They also expelled CP/IP for a single infraction at Vista Lay/the Commons. I don’t know if they’d play it that way now.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
My thoughts are/were this:

1. Disney legal…even though they controlled the court…had a 100% conservative approach to those things in that day. It was HR/PR combined. They had a policy of never inviting any attention. Didn’t want to file briefs…didn’t want it picked up by the Sentinel
2. In those days, they had much more ability to turn over staff. And it was cheap to do so. They also expelled CP/IP for a single infraction at Vista Lay/the Commons. I don’t know if they’d play it that way now.
That's a fair point, and I get it. I mean, the fact that I wasn't rejected immediately for my rehire status is a positive sign.

TrojanUSC

That's a fair point, and I get it. I mean, the fact that I wasn't rejected immediately for my rehire status is a positive sign.

Have you reached out to casting? WDW has a process of reviewing rehire statuses. I have a few friends who were terminated and walked out for somewhat severe infractions (no theft or anything though) and have been able to get the status lifted.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Have you reached out to casting? WDW has a process of reviewing rehire statuses. I have a few friends who were terminated and walked out for somewhat severe infractions (no theft or anything though) and have been able to get the status lifted.
I've found it easier to speak with a sitting US Congressperson on the phone than it is to speak with a human being at casting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom