Will there be more all-inclusive, roleplaying resorts like Galactic Starcruiser?

ParkPeeker

Tokyo Disney better do a kingdom hearts themed land plus their own interactive stationary cruise thing (with a Canon branching storyline, cause everything’s canon 😉) . I mean they’ve already been doing special kh themed hotel rooms, time to take it to the next level 😤

I specified Tokyo cause let’s be real, there is no kh love from the disney parks in the US, or anywhere else 😒

lewisc

The best opportunity to do something like this…or better…is up near kirkman drive.

They’re probably wiring money to JK right now in exchange for her blessing
I've read JK turned down a HP hotel, when the contract was negotiated. Not sure if it was a real fact or an internet fact.

I don't know if that was a lightly themed hotel or.a more immersive experience.

I agree. I think Universal will be or is,working on, an immersive HP hotel experience.

Universal has more space available if they make it part of Epic.

JK will probably insist on some more reasonably accommodations, maybe a lottery. The Broadway Play did that.

waltography

I guarantee you Universal has something Harry Potter on the drawing board
There's certainly been an audience for it, judging by the Czocha College of Wizardry in Poland + other LARPs around the world (note that the price tag for a 3-night stay on castle grounds for this event was $436 in 2016). A Galactic Starcruiser-level refinement to that experience would sell like crazy, and I'd trust Universal to do it right (if the Ollivanders' experience is any indication).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There's certainly been an audience for it, judging by the Czocha College of Wizardry in Poland + other LARPs around the world (note that the price tag for a 3-night stay on castle grounds for this event was $436 in 2016). A Galactic Starcruiser-level refinement to that experience would sell like crazy, and I'd trust Universal to do it right (if the Ollivanders' experience is any indication).
Ollivanders might be the most effective thing ever built in Orlando…for what it is. There was the imagination pavilion back when…

…but nobody can be bothered with that anymore.

DrewmanS

If this is successful enough, I think you will see many copy cat concepts implemented quickly by other companies on a less expensive scale (more focus on role play less on infrastructure). Similar to how the adventure dinner theater concept like Medieval Times exploded (and later imploded). You start with highly themed free standing castles and eventually end up with various themed venues attached to shopping centers. Same with escape rooms or any other trend concept.

The best situation for Galactic Starcruiser is for it to be "just successful" enough to justify continued investment in cast and production quality, but not so successful it drives large entry into the market. Like a cruise ship, it will have to occasionally refresh and update to encourage new and repeat customers.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Couldn’t Disney do a Marvel themed one at WDW? It probably couldn’t have any type of theme park access attached to it but
Depends if it gets defined as a "theme park."

Also, a lot of hand-waving is done on the Halcyon to make The Force 'real.' There's no way to extend that in a realistic fashion to several dozen, if not hundreds, of guests with as many super-powers. When there's a Marvel 'show' on stage or on the cruise line, only the actors have powers and it's carefully staged apart from the guests. Which is not what an immersive experience would be.

MagicHappens1971

Depends if it gets defined as a "theme park."

Also, a lot of hand-waving is done on the Halcyon to make The Force 'real.' There's no way to extend that in a realistic fashion to several dozen, if not hundreds, of guests with as many super-powers. When there's a Marvel 'show' on stage or on the cruise line, only the actors have powers and it's carefully staged apart from the guests. Which is not what an immersive experience would be.
I feel like universal could argue if they wanted to but if Disney defines it as a “cruise” or “quinjet” or “helicarrier” / resort experience, idk what they could do about it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom